Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The USF @ Crookston game was the first one this season that got moved to the Alerus Center. Due to the snow storm there were less than 100 people in attendance (mostly USF fans) in a stadium that can hold events of 21,000 people. It had the feel of a practice scrimmage being held in a library.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Thanks. For the record, I don't mind if people disagree with me. I mean, if everybody agreed this would be pretty boring.
      Exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I have another theory on that, Ship, because I think Mid-Penn talent is just as good, if not better, than it was 10-15 years ago. And my theory has everything to do with FCS.

FCS around here has about the same presence as NAIA -- in other words, nil. The only FCS schools which fans might identify with are Bucknell, VIllanova, maybe Delaware. But with the growth of social media comes an understanding that there's more out there than what you see every day.

If a Harrisburg-area kid got interest from James Madison 15 years ago, their first question would be, "What is a James Madison?" They would be more excited to hear from West Chester or IUP. If they got that interest today, they would likely know James Madison is an FCS power with great facilities, a powerful program and a chance to play in front of crowds of 20,000 rather than 5,000.

The power HS programs around here are sending more kids to college ball than ever. They're just more far-flung. We have kids making contributions at New Hampshire (a rich landing ground for this area, for some reason). At Maine. At Stony Brook. That wasn't happening a decade or two ago.

And, of course, the dividing line between FCS talent and Division II talent isn't all that huge. That's where the PSAC is losing some potential studs.

Comment

• I don't know ... pretty good collection of signees here. And how the Morris kid from Cedar Cliff isn't being chased is a mystery to me.

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2019...n-college.html

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
            I don't know ... pretty good collection of signees here. And how the Morris kid from Cedar Cliff isn't being chased is a mystery to me.

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2019...n-college.html

Comment

• I will be at the spring game and golf outing.I tailgated with one of my Teammates who has a son on the team.I was at all home games except IUP.Yeah no doubt would love to talk about the program.I donated to the Foundation/ Red Raider club.I talked to a former basketball assistant about money.I said if we can get some one to reach out to all the Facebook members that follow Ship football to donate 50 bucks. We can generate over 50 thousand dollars. I know we have over 1000 followers.I know my former teammate Rob Davis has donated to the program .I heard Grimes and Kuhn have done little.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

That says more about you than it does about the Home Office...
                The Home Office sucks. They do more harm than good. Not that any of it really matter in the Poconos. You guys are just happy to be 6-5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Holy buckets. I thought you just liked to sling mud in the OT but you really do pay attention!
                  See People, The Grand Poo Bah agrees with me.

I know what I am talking about when it comes to the major flaws of the regional ranking system and the re-ranking for the Final Four.

It all sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Raider 74 View Post

I will be at the spring game and golf outing.I tailgated with one of my Teammates who has a son on the team.I was at all home games except IUP.Yeah no doubt would love to talk about the program.I donated to the Foundation/ Red Raider club.I talked to a former basketball assistant about money.I said if we can get some one to reach out to all the Facebook members that follow Ship football to donate 50 bucks. We can generate over 50 thousand dollars. I know we have over 1000 followers.I know my former teammate Rob Davis has donated to the program .I heard Grimes and Kuhn have done little.
                    We did have that one big donation for athletic facilities this year. I was thinking that might be one of the NFL guys, but apparently not according to what you've heard. The $50 campaign sounds like a good idea. I'm sure a lot of people could come up with that. I'll try to look you up as we get closer to season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

We did have that one big donation for athletic facilities this year. I was thinking that might be one of the NFL guys, but apparently not according to what you've heard. The $50 campaign sounds like a good idea. I'm sure a lot of people could come up with that. I'll try to look you up as we get closer to season.
                      I would guess Mike Mussina since his son is the quarterback.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Raider 74 View Post

I would guess Mike Mussina since his son is the quarterback.
                        That's a good guess. I hadn't even thought about that.

Comment

• This thread has now reached 800... LMAO! The game has been over for 4 days now. Will this thread reach to 1,000?

Comment

• Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
                            This thread has now reached 800... LMAO! The game has been over for 4 days now. Will this thread reach to 1,000?
                            Your post says 680. I don't know what happened to the other 120. My bet would be no!

Comment

• Love how SRU Athletics posts all of Lutz press conferences in the playoffs except the MSU one! LMAO what a joke! Post them all

Comment

• Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
                                This thread has now reached 800... LMAO! The game has been over for 4 days now. Will this thread reach to 1,000?
                                Probably. Especially if it becomes IUP centric.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X