Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mad3 Boss View Post

Naw strong case for Litwin #11 yesterday ...
    And I thought that you were actually at the game. Were you watching the cheerleaders?

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

With apologies to Little Jack Horner

"Little SRU QB
          Sat in the corner,
          Eating his playoff pie;
          He put in his thumb,
          And pulled out a plum helmet,
          And said, "What a good player am I!"
          That was corny try again

Comment

That was corny try again
            OK.

Zylstra was the best player on the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

Based on what?
              LITWIN 11 for 149 and 2 TDS
              ZYLSTRA 4 for 152 and 2 TDS in which 1 was for 73 yards on a slant rout in zero coverage so no safety help. Both of Litwin TDS were on multiple defenders

Comment

ZYLSTRA 4 for 152 and 2 TDS in which 1 was for 73 yards on a slant rout in zero coverage so no safety help. Both of Litwin TDS were on multiple defenders
                LItwin is a great receiver. I said that the entire game.

I've also been watching Zylstra for his career. Not just catching the ball, but blocking downfield. You can pick who you want. 84 is my man.

At some point, you have to take the L and move on. Realize that instead of just gassing and you will be better for it.

Comment

LItwin is a great receiver. I said that the entire game.

I've also been watching Zylstra for his career. Not just catching the ball, but blocking downfield. You can pick who you want. 84 is my man.

At some point, you have to take the L and move on. Realize that instead of just gassing and you will be better for it.

Comment

That is quite a stretch.

Like Laker said, take the L and move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

That is quite a stretch.

Like Laker said, take the L and move on.

Comment

I scanned through the many posts on here- I think most of the questions about MSU have been answered by somebody- if not, feel free to ask again- I probably don't have the answer but I'll try. Hope to make it to Texas but I'll go to the eye doctor tomorrow- had some vision problems that started last week- just didn't want to miss this trip. Hopefully I can go- it is supposed to be warmer but when people talk about t-shirts and shorts I'm not so sure. I've been in Texas for parka weather.
                        High of 66 next Saturday.

Comment

Got back from the game after midnight. Weather was obviously crappy- even with rain gear I was cold and soaking wet. Mavs made more mental mistakes and unnecessary penalties in that first half than I had seen all year. Zylstra showed that he has jumping ability and speed as well as the ability to make one hand diving catches. Gunn just keeps pounding away until he is in the end zone. What is the constant in this- the big hogs up front. They tend to wear teams down in the second half, especially in the fourth quarter. Defense continues to keep battling away- the pressure on the passer was relentless. I was expecting them to give up more points against SRU and didn't expect to be up by 22 at half. When The Rock scored after that pick I was worried until Zylstra put it away. I liked the use of multiple weapons- when SRU was blitzing their LBs and stopped the Mavs for a three and out, the Mavs came back with that jet sweep by Arnold. And you don't expect your #3 QB to score twice on two point conversions and have that long run, or your #3 running back go 75 yards for a TD.

On another note- everyone I met was polite and friendly. Met a soccer player who directed me to the bookstore so I could by a hat pin. Saw shirts there that said something like Blame IUP For Everything, Signed SRU. Easy to tell who their rival is. After the game several people congratulated me on the win and wished us good luck. Glad to get there and back but I'm pretty tired now.

I scanned through the many posts on here- I think most of the questions about MSU have been answered by somebody- if not, feel free to ask again- I probably don't have the answer but I'll try. Hope to make it to Texas but I'll go to the eye doctor tomorrow- had some vision problems that started last week- just didn't want to miss this trip. Hopefully I can go- it is supposed to be warmer but when people talk about t-shirts and shorts I'm not so sure. I've been in Texas for parka weather.
                          Congrats to you folks on the win and I thank those of you who have been gracious enough to put up with some of the baloney on here without getting too worked up about it. I'm an older guy who learned long ago not to woof too much before a game about what my team was or wasn't going to do to its opponent. Hope you win the championship as I would like to think our league got beat by the best. We'll certainly know soon.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X