Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pine Ridge View Post

Who did Shepherd pick up via the portal?
    I thought I saw a post about somebody going to Shepherd but I could be wrong. I included them because they seem to have a program that will attract transfers and they have a number of significant transfers on their roster.

Comment

• I know last year they picked up a 4-star DL from Maryland, but he had to sit out last season. But I am sure Shepherd will pick up a couple of transfers, they usually do.

Comment

• Cal Juco Santa Clara area signs with Gannon 5'10 170 DB Matt Wiitanen

Comment

• Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
          Cal Juco Santa Clara area signs with Gannon 5'10 170 DB Matt Wiitanen
          With all the D2 Midwestern and Southwestern schools I am always amazed how Gannon and Mercyhurst to a lower extent always seems to pull kids from Cali to cold Erie, Pa even if they're offering up a full ride. If the kids are talented i'm sure they could at least garner a partial offers to stay closer to home.

Comment

• We were living here in Tx when my daughter rec'd offers from Gannon, No Dakota, & Tenn among others. She wanted to get out of the extreme heat down here and played 4yrs in Erie. Some kids want a different experience and want to go to college back East

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

With all the D2 Midwestern and Southwestern schools I am always amazed how Gannon and Mercyhurst to a lower extent always seems to pull kids from Cali to cold Erie, Pa even if they're offering up a full ride. If the kids are talented i'm sure they could at least garner a partial offers to stay closer to home.
              Actually some states such as Iowa and Wisconsin don't have many Division II football schools. One of the guys from Minnesota-Mankato who was on the board during the NCAA playoffs said that's where they get a lot of their players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Actually some states such as Iowa and Wisconsin don't have many Division II football schools. One of the guys from Minnesota-Mankato who was on the board during the NCAA playoffs said that's where they get a lot of their players.
                True but the state of Wisconsin is oversaturated with quality D3 schools so I would think one would go that route and compete for championships rather than come 2000 miles east to be at a mid tier/bottom PSAC school.

Comment

True but the state of Wisconsin is oversaturated with quality D3 schools so I would think one would go that route and compete for championships rather than come 2000 miles east to be at a mid tier/bottom PSAC school.
                  2,000 miles? Don't know where you took geography, but it's about 760 miles from my house in south-central Pa. to Madison, Wisconsin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

2,000 miles? Don't know where you took geography, but it's about 760 miles from my house in south-central Pa. to Madison, Wisconsin.
                    Hahahahahahaha I wasn't clear in my thoughts I was referring to the California kids coming East to Pa. traveling 2000+ miles. Pa schools will never get the Wisconsin kids when they have closer and better options like the Minnesota D2 schools at their disposal as mentioned earlier. Florida now has 2 D2 programs and if Edward Waters can stay afloat they'll likely apply for D2 membership with the SIAC so it'll be less kids traveling up north to play ball when it's options in state that offer a better shot at competing for a national title.

Comment

We were living here in Tx when my daughter rec'd offers from Gannon, No Dakota, & Tenn among others. She wanted to get out of the extreme heat down here and played 4yrs in Erie. Some kids want a different experience and want to go to college back East
                      Wow that's amazing she turned down D1 schools to come to Gannon. Had you lived previously up north or she was born and raised in TX?

Comment

• Shipfan1... My daughter was 11 months old when I transferred to Tx. All she knew was Tejas.
                        I think she preferred the Catholic education and the old time feel of an Eastern school.

Comment

Shipfan1... My daughter was 11 months old when I transferred to Tx. All she knew was Tejas.
                          I think she preferred the Catholic education and the old time feel of an Eastern school.
                          I totally get that and sometimes a change of environment is a welcomed and needed especially at that age. My daughter just gave an commitment to attend college in Norfolk, VA she wanted to get away from the Northeast and see how life in the south was without going too far away from home as opposed to my 15 year old who has aspirations of being accepted to University of Oregon or USC lol.

Comment

Hahahahahahaha I wasn't clear in my thoughts I was referring to the California kids coming East to Pa. traveling 2000+ miles. Pa schools will never get the Wisconsin kids when they have closer and better options like the Minnesota D2 schools at their disposal as mentioned earlier. Florida now has 2 D2 programs and if Edward Waters can stay afloat they'll likely apply for D2 membership with the SIAC so it'll be less kids traveling up north to play ball when it's options in state that offer a better shot at competing for a national title.
                            Depends what you offer them. IUP had a basketball stud from Northern Illinois who got injured early this season and hurt their overall depth, even though they still had a good team. You can get a standout athlete to Pa. from Illinois, but not Wisconsin? Seems doubtful. Florida has two D2 programs? So what. They have millions more in population than Pa. and a lot more football prospects. You seriously think two D2 programs will absorb all their non-Division I talent? Lower the out-of-state tuition, wave money in front of them, and you might be surprised at who'd come to Pa.

Comment

• Its been reported 2 of the 3 Calif kids going to Gannon have full rides. Don't know either way but with 4.0, I'm sure there's some Academia money in there.

Comment

Its been reported 2 of the 3 Calif kids going to Gannon have full rides. Don't know either way but with 4.0, I'm sure there's some Academia money in there.
                                Probably a good chance they are getting athletic and academic merit money. But glad they are taking advantage of a free education. Pretty sure we all know a kid or two that have turn down an opportunity at a free education to go elsewhere.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X