Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSAC Recruiting - Offers and Commitments

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    The latest recruiting lists for PSAC schools. And unless they hired a new staff two weeks ago, I can't see why a school would not have this up on their website.

    East
    Bloomsburg
    East Stroudsburg
    Kutztown: no release
    Lock Haven: no release
    Millersville
    Shepherd
    Shippensburg
    West Chester: no release

    West
    California
    Clarion
    Edinboro
    Gannon: no release
    Indiana
    Mercyhurst
    Seton Hill
    Slippery Rock
    I'd like to see Ship get busy and put up more extensive bios on the recruits. All I see now are the tweets.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

      I'd like to see Ship get busy and put up more extensive bios on the recruits. All I see now are the tweets.
      I think Mac is hitting it out of the park. They'll get the extra stuff right.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

        In the past couple of years I don't recall seeing West Chester or Kutztown posting their recruiting class. And I have a feeling Lock Haven won't post this year's class.
        I'll give Lock Haven a pass because there's a new staff and a lot of times the offices that must okay a release like this are filled with gatekeepers. It took years of asking at Edinboro until they finally wore them down.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
          Oh, darnit, I posted LSU's recruits, not LHU's. Senior moment, I guess.
          I predict a seismic change in the PSAC if the Bald Eagles land those recruits. (Although half of them would transfer to IUP, because IUP is, you know, da bomb.) ;)

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

            I'll give Lock Haven a pass because there's a new staff and a lot of times the offices that must okay a release like this are filled with gatekeepers. It took years of asking at Edinboro until they finally wore them down.
            I am giving them a pass as well. I am sure they will have something next year.

            Comment


            • An early COMMIT, CHASEN WINT from HAVERFORD HS has apparently changed his mind and stayed closer to home.
              https://mobile.twitter.com/wcugolden...61672251379713

              Comment


              • Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post

                I think Mac is hitting it out of the park. They'll get the extra stuff right.
                It's nothing to do with Mac — not his responsibility. The sports information department needs to get on the ball.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

                  It's nothing to do with Mac — not his responsibility. The sports information department needs to get on the ball.
                  It really depends what kind of staff (if any) the SID has there.

                  There isn't a more thankless job in sports. The way schools keep adding more sports is just making their job all the more difficult. It's endless. Very tedious. We only talk about the revenue sports. They have to be involved in all of them.

                  Nobody even thinks about them until something is screwed up ... kind of like a kicker on the football team.

                  I'd guess the schools not doing much with signing day are just very understaffed. The normal grind of winter sports has them buried.

                  I'd hate to see how many hours some of those guys put in a week. It's why it's mostly a young man's profession.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

                    It really depends what kind of staff (if any) the SID has there.

                    There isn't a more thankless job in sports. The way schools keep adding more sports is just making their job all the more difficult. It's endless. Very tedious. We only talk about the revenue sports. They have to be involved in all of them.

                    Nobody even thinks about them until something is screwed up ... kind of like a kicker on the football team.

                    I'd guess the schools not doing much with signing day are just very understaffed. The normal grind of winter sports has them buried.

                    I'd hate to see how many hours some of those guys put in a week. It's why it's mostly a young man's profession.
                    I worked in a two-man sports staff at a small newspaper for many years, covering football, cross country, track, basketball, baseball, wrestling for local high schools as well as the girl's sports. Would slip away to college games at Ship, Mt. St. Mary's and other area venues when I had the time. Oh, and I also covered the local school boards, town meetings and other general news that came along. I'm well aware of what it takes to do this kind of job. You do what it takes to get it done. Having the information ready on signing day would be a big ask, but there is no reason you shouldn't be able to have it on 20-30 players a week or so after signing day, especially in this age of online communication.

                    Comment


                    • I don't know what type of numbers Bill Morgal has, staff-wise. I will say that he works his ass off; that much I know.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

                        I worked in a two-man sports staff at a small newspaper for many years, covering football, cross country, track, basketball, baseball, wrestling for local high schools as well as the girl's sports. Would slip away to college games at Ship, Mt. St. Mary's and other area venues when I had the time. Oh, and I also covered the local school boards, town meetings and other general news that came along. I'm well aware of what it takes to do this kind of job. You do what it takes to get it done. Having the information ready on signing day would be a big ask, but there is no reason you shouldn't be able to have it on 20-30 players a week or so after signing day, especially in this age of online communication.
                        This unfortunately is no longer the 'do what it takes' generation. This is the 'do the bare minimum' generation. Having the information ready on signing day really isn't a big ask for any normal office. We're talking 2-3 bullet points per player. Each is basically the same ... all-section this, all-state that, blah blah blah.

                        What it is likely in this situation is an over-worked SID with very little (or, no) help. He probably has a few student helpers that he has a budget to pay about 10 hours a week -- and if they work 10 hours and 1 minute they are demanding paid for that minute or they are filing a complaint. Other than a couple people on a message board nobody is pressing for this information (this is D2) ... and it just isn't a priority in the middle of winter sports. Being perfectly honest, other than those on this board there's about nobody other than parents of the players who actually want this information -- or care.

                        That's my guess. Other than that give the athletic department a call and see what they say. You are a donor. Let them know you are not happy. I can guarantee they'd take volunteer help -- especially from those who worked in the industry.



                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

                          This unfortunately is no longer the 'do what it takes' generation. This is the 'do the bare minimum' generation.
                          Man is that the truth. And it's just not the new college grads, it's seeping upwards to the generation behind me - I'm a late baby boomer 1959. A person really has to stay on top of service providers these days to get more than the bare minimum or to initiate some immediacy. I thought it was just a West Virginia laid back mind set but apparently that attitude is wide spread.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                            I don't know what type of numbers Bill Morgal has, staff-wise. I will say that he works his ass off; that much I know.
                            Agreed. Bill is one of the very best in the league.
                            http://www.indianagazette.com
                            www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

                              This unfortunately is no longer the 'do what it takes' generation. This is the 'do the bare minimum' generation. Having the information ready on signing day really isn't a big ask for any normal office. We're talking 2-3 bullet points per player. Each is basically the same ... all-section this, all-state that, blah blah blah.

                              What it is likely in this situation is an over-worked SID with very little (or, no) help. He probably has a few student helpers that he has a budget to pay about 10 hours a week -- and if they work 10 hours and 1 minute they are demanding paid for that minute or they are filing a complaint. Other than a couple people on a message board nobody is pressing for this information (this is D2) ... and it just isn't a priority in the middle of winter sports. Being perfectly honest, other than those on this board there's about nobody other than parents of the players who actually want this information -- or care.

                              That's my guess. Other than that give the athletic department a call and see what they say. You are a donor. Let them know you are not happy. I can guarantee they'd take volunteer help -- especially from those who worked in the industry.


                              I was told a story about a PSAC SID who wasn't allowed to post official game stories until *all* other events had ended for the day and if he did a grievance would be filed. I'd love to go back in time and deliver a swift kick to the person who thought it was a good idea to create conditions that led to the current union arrangement in PASSHE.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

                                This unfortunately is no longer the 'do what it takes' generation. This is the 'do the bare minimum' generation. Having the information ready on signing day really isn't a big ask for any normal office. We're talking 2-3 bullet points per player. Each is basically the same ... all-section this, all-state that, blah blah blah.

                                What it is likely in this situation is an over-worked SID with very little (or, no) help. He probably has a few student helpers that he has a budget to pay about 10 hours a week -- and if they work 10 hours and 1 minute they are demanding paid for that minute or they are filing a complaint. Other than a couple people on a message board nobody is pressing for this information (this is D2) ... and it just isn't a priority in the middle of winter sports. Being perfectly honest, other than those on this board there's about nobody other than parents of the players who actually want this information -- or care.

                                That's my guess. Other than that give the athletic department a call and see what they say. You are a donor. Let them know you are not happy. I can guarantee they'd take volunteer help -- especially from those who worked in the industry.


                                Already volunteer at the university and several other organizations, but I'm certainly not adverse to calling the guy if it would get some mention of our teams in local media. Thing is, several other schools have managed to get these bios in. Do they have that much larger a staff? Perhaps.

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X