Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Gannon, Mercyhurst, Seton Hill budgets survive Covid-19?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post

I wonder if Cheyney would merge with Lincoln University instead (and yes, I realize Lincoln is not a PASSHE member). It does seem that a merger with either Lincoln or West Chester is the only way some portion of the institution known as Cheyney University will survive in the longer term.
    Sad but true that lack of foresight put this historically significant institution into a death spiral that it will likely not survive.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Students at 25+ schools filing suit over the poor quality of online education ... want refunds. Interesting.

Comment

The austerity has begun. Looks like MAC football players will have to sleep at home prior to home games. A real hit for the "home field advantage."

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/c...es/20200515055

Comment

Short ans YES.
          Gannon planning to start classes August 10th

https://www.goerie.com/news/20200610...pening-in-erie

Comment

Reminds me of that old saying "Man plans and God laughs."

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
              The austerity has begun. Looks like MAC football players will have to sleep at home prior to home games. A real hit for the "home field advantage."

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/c...es/20200515055
              "Sleep at home" ??? Presumably that means the vast majority are sleeping in a hotel which IMO is a good deal more questionable health wise than their own dorm room. Some people are coming up with solutions that lack a problem. If the university is open for classes, clubs, dining halls and dorms, I don't see what the point is to extreme social distancing.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

"Sleep at home" ??? Presumably that means the vast majority are sleeping in a hotel which IMO is a good deal more questionable health wise than their own dorm room. Some people are coming up with solutions that lack a problem. If the university is open for classes, clubs, dining halls and dorms, I don't see what the point is to extreme social distancing.
                At FBS and major basketball schools, both teams spend the night in a hotel before the game. I think for some it's a way to decrease home field advantage, for others an easy way to chaperon the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

At FBS and major basketball schools, both teams spend the night in a hotel before the game. I think for some it's a way to decrease home field advantage, for others an easy way to chaperon the roster.
                  I would have thought this was the case but "stay at home" threw me. So business as usual ??

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

I would have thought this was the case but "stay at home" threw me. So business as usual ??
                    No, it's not business as usual because normally they stay in a hotel the night before home games. I think it's mostly so they know where everybody is.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

No, it's not business as usual because normally they stay in a hotel the night before home games. I think it's mostly so they know where everybody is.
                      OK, maybe I misunderstood. I was confused by "stay at home". "Stay in their dorms or apartments" would have been more exact. That makes sense health wise. And saves money.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X