Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Another shooting off campus last night. Were those the Carriage House apartments?
    More than a shooting ... the person is dead.

1300 block of Oakland Ave .... which, yes, is the immediate vicinity of The Carriage House.

Comment

• All over the news ... "fatal shooting near IUP campus" ....

Unbelievable. People wonder why enrollment sucks ... can't go more than a few weeks without these headlines.

They need to quit pretending how 'safe' certain parts of campus are and really jack up security.

The Wayne Ave section of campus and The Carriage House are pure slums after dark.

Comment

• https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...MRY4JNTDBZVK4/

But honestly, gang, this is not just endemic to Indiana, Pa. There's just as much chance of that happening around Richard Avenue in Shippensburg on a Friday night, I think.
        Last edited by jrshooter; 10-17-2020, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
          https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...MRY4JNTDBZVK4/

But honestly, gang, this is not just endemic to Indiana, Pa. There's just as much chance of that happening around Richard Avenue in Shippensburg on a Friday night, I think.
          I'm truly puzzled by this recurrence. I realise it's the county seat but it's far removed from any urban center. Am I wrong and West Chester has the same issues ? Short of drastic increase in borough police ( not really feasible right now) or introduction of State Police patrols, are there any realistic solutions on the horizon. I know that California has had events but they seem to be one offs and not trends. Never been to the town so can't comment intelligently but it is definitely a bad look.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
            I'm truly puzzled by this recurrence. I realise it's the county seat but it's far removed from any urban center. Am I wrong and West Chester has the same issues ? Short of drastic increase in borough police ( not really feasible right now) or introduction of State Police patrols, are there any realistic solutions on the horizon. I know that California has had events but they seem to be one offs and not trends. Never been to the town so can't comment intelligently but it is definitely a bad look.
            Indiana is a drug boom town. Literally.

You got a massive customer base on campus combined with the Redneck Army surrounding Indiana. Perfect storm.

Comment

• Typical college town territorial pissing. The local government blames the school, the school says its off campus so not their jurisdiction. Leaders gather people together. Losers blame others.

Or we can just realize we're living Prohibition 2.0. Legalize it, regulate the **** out of it, and the violence goes away.

Comment

Typical college town territorial pissing. The local government blames the school, the school says its off campus so not their jurisdiction. Leaders gather people together. Losers blame others.

Or we can just realize we're living Prohibition 2.0. Legalize it, regulate the **** out of it, and the violence goes away.
                What is the "it" that you speak of?

Comment

• Appears the victim was a 20-year-old male from Pittsburgh (Homewood). Sounds like he was not an IUP student.

One apartment was searched yesterday. No arrests made as of this morning. It has been ruled a homicide.
                  Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 10-18-2020, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

What is the "it" that you speak of?
                    Weed. I don't use it but it's responsible for more violence and more incarceration than the health or social damage it causes. Harder drugs should be addressed differently.

Prohibition ended because the war on bootleggers and the mob was more trouble than it was worth.

Comment

• An arrest warrant has been issued for a 20-year-old male from Philadelphia. He is being charged with homicide and robbery. A 17-year-old female from Indiana has also been arrested.

Sounds like this was certainly a robbery gone bad. At 4am I doubt they were there to steal cookies.

Two other males were picked up on camera but have not been identified.

Comment

Weed. I don't use it but it's responsible for more violence and more incarceration than the health or social damage it causes. Harder drugs should be addressed differently.

Prohibition ended because the war on bootleggers and the mob was more trouble than it was worth.
                        I agree. We don't know if this is about weed, though.

Comment

I agree. We don't know if this is about weed, though.
                          Correction: I just saw the story in the IG. It was about marijuana.

Comment

• Updated news surfacing ...

The victim was in fact an IUP student.

The 17-year-old female was a student at IHS. She's being held without bond. Three others, including the alleged shooter, have not been captured.

Comment

• Tragic. Life is more important than this nonsense.

Comment

Tragic. Life is more important than this nonsense.

Yep. A bag full of dope has one IUP student dead, a 17-year-old local gal (IHS honors student) charged with homicide (as an adult) and the others -- who will be caught shortly -- going 'upstate' for a very long time.

Tell you what, if somebody would compile a 30-year history of The Carriage House ... it would be a shocking, fascinating read.

It's funny how bars can get shut down for being 'nuisance bars' yet the crime epicenter of Indiana for (3) decades cannot.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X