Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eh its not like GV considers what they want. I bet the coach wants any team in any location. The department wants that home game revenue. They sell thousands of season tickets plus corporate boxes, gameday revenue, parking fees, etc. There is no free parking at GV or open seating. $15 to park and $15 or $30 per ticket. They make good money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Eh its not like GV considers what they want. I bet the coach wants any team in any location. The department wants that home game revenue. They sell thousands of season tickets plus corporate boxes, gameday revenue, parking fees, etc. There is no free parking at GV or open seating. $15 to park and $15 or $30 per ticket. They make good money.
      Rumor is GV offered to play at Miller this weekend.

I get it. IUP is still technically in camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I bet Tort at least thought about it. That would be cool but not best for the team in several ways.

Comment

What happened to Tiffany?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

What happened to Tiffany?
            They are playing an NAIA team this weekend.

Comment

Eh its not like GV considers what they want. I bet the coach wants any team in any location. The department wants that home game revenue. They sell thousands of season tickets plus corporate boxes, gameday revenue, parking fees, etc. There is no free parking at GV or open seating. $15 to park and $15 or $30 per ticket. They make good money.
              If one posts, they should try to post accurate info.. I'll just start and say there is free parking. And FWIW, GV is offering to play just about anyone anywhere. I question some of the schools that are open that are saying no to GV. Sports are competitive and apparently some schools can't face competition. I get it if a school hasn't practiced enough, but that doesn't apply to a school that had a game canceled this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

If one posts, they should try to post accurate info.. I'll just start and say there is free parking. And FWIW, GV is offering to play just about anyone anywhere. I question some of the schools that are open that are saying no to GV. Sports are competitive and apparently some schools can't face competition. I get it if a school hasn't practiced enough, but that doesn't apply to a school that had a game canceled this week.
                I go by what's online. I did my research for either opportunity for the trip to Lubbers. Parking is $10 advance/ $15 day of. Tickets start at $15 and go up to $30. If that's not true, you might want to alert the GVSU Athletics folks. Visitors tend to not know about unguarded lots or where one can park and walk to the stadium like say, someone who went to GV.

Comment

I bet Tort at least thought about it. That would be cool but not best for the team in several ways.
                  Maybe.

But ... other logistics involved, too. Field Hockey is hosting a multi-team tournament here this weekend (at Miller Stadium).

Comment

Maybe.

But ... other logistics involved, too. Field Hockey is hosting a multi-team tournament here this weekend (at Miller Stadium).
                    I do not believe it was a thought IUPbigINDIANS . Had it been a cupcake like Lincoln University (Pa), WVA Wesleyan, Franklin Pierce...they would have thought about that. But you all brought up the point that IUP is a week behind teams playing this weekend as far as training camp is concern. So, I doubt IUP gave it any thought.

Comment

• Lil Yatchy announced as Homecoming concert.

Comment

I go by what's online. I did my research for either opportunity for the trip to Lubbers. Parking is $10 advance/ $15 day of. Tickets start at $15 and go up to $30. If that's not true, you might want to alert the GVSU Athletics folks. Visitors tend to not know about unguarded lots or where one can park and walk to the stadium like say, someone who went to GV.
                        It's true, but those are max. Free parking is available... it's even labeled "for families" I agree that there may be $30 tix but I find it misleading to quote highest prices for an event. Whatever, Eboro backed out and so far aren't any takers so it's about time to get ready for Colorado. I doubt if a school connects with GV be tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

It's true, but those are max. Free parking is available... it's even labeled "for families" I agree that there may be $30 tix but I find it misleading to quote highest prices for an event. Whatever, Eboro backed out and so far aren't any takers so it's about time to get ready for Colorado. I doubt if a school connects with GV be tomorrow.
                          You keep saying 'backed out' ... not sure that is the correct phrase. Could be.

Or, once a certain number of players are in protocol ... are they then forced to not partake for the safety of both programs?

Edinboro was first to cancel ... surely won't be the last.

Comment

Lil Yatchy announced as Homecoming concert.
                            Who?

Comment

You keep saying 'backed out' ... not sure that is the correct phrase. Could be.

Or, once a certain number of players are in protocol ... are they then forced to not partake for the safety of both programs?

Edinboro was first to cancel ... surely won't be the last.
                              A friend who wouldn't share his source said he heard there was just one player who tested positive but "dozens" ordered to quarantine anywhere from 3-10 days depending on vaccination status. Taking risks won't work especially when you've got a 7-8 hour bus trip.

I wonder if we'll see game times adjusted as well to accommodate visiting teams so they don't stay overnight. That's a long ass day for them but theoretically less risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Who?
                                I think he was a member of The Beach Boys.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X