Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUP FLA 12 View Post
    Big Indians, how does Coach Tort have pressure? He led them to the final 4 in 2017 and has a 31-6 record in 3 years. Tort has the 3rd best winning percentage in the country for coaches with (3) or more years of experience. Not sure how Tort has any pressure.
    Like I said, it's by no means job pressure. But ... you don't want to lose 3 straight to SRU. Especially, considering, he should have at worst split the two.

I think coaches get measured at IUP in big games.

Hell, you or I could coach them against most of these low scholarship opponents given the money IUP has to buy players.

No losing streaks to the gym teachers. In my opinion, that is a bit of pressure. I sure as freak won't be happy losing a third straight to them. Jim Harbaugh is 0-6 vs Michigan. THAT is surely pressure.

You also don't want to lose to Shepherd again (at home).
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 09-09-2021, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• My biggest beef with Tort teams is they have had a bad habbit of slow starts in big games.

Hell, he's talked about it himself numerous times. Hard to say why it happens.

They've been a tremendous second half team ... but, as we've seen when the lights are the brightest, that sometimes isn't enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP FLA 12 View Post
        Big Indians, how does Coach Tort have pressure? He led them to the final 4 in 2017 and has a 31-6 record in 3 years. Tort has the 3rd best winning percentage in the country for coaches with (3) or more years of experience. Not sure how Tort has any pressure.
        Think you should re read what he posted. I think its all perceived pressure, seems like forever with losing last year, but IUP hasn't beat Rock "in a while." Just an anxious fanbase...

Comment

• I think its "victim of their own success" pressure. Like the Steelers. Anything less than a deep playoff run feels like failure.

With all that's going on - not playing last year, not playing a first week game, lots of inexperienced & new players, etc. - I think its okay to be happy with going 8-2 or even 7-3. I saw online that we haven't had a season like this since 1946. Its okay if things don't meet the expectations we had in 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            I think its "victim of their own success" pressure. Like the Steelers. Anything less than a deep playoff run feels like failure.

With all that's going on - not playing last year, not playing a first week game, lots of inexperienced & new players, etc. - I think its okay to be happy with going 8-2 or even 7-3. I saw online that we haven't had a season like this since 1946. Its okay if things don't meet the expectations we had in 2019.
            LOL

Go 7-3 this year and see what the fan base thinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

LOL

7-3 is awful for IUP.

Comment

• Comment

• Did I see that IUP got ranked 15th in the country? Can anyone confirm that?

Comment

• More money or just blue-light special tuition? Why are all thee privates terrible at football?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

7-3 is awful for IUP.
                      This isn't Clarion. We don't have parades for 7-3. You miss the playoffs here and it's a failed season. Bottom line.

Comment

LOL

That's why I'm saying this year should get a pass. Half the team hasn't played college football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

That's why I'm saying this year should get a pass. Half the team hasn't played college football.
                          But the other half has. And, has stars galore.

Comment

This isn't Clarion. We don't have parades for 7-3. You miss the playoffs here and it's a failed season. Bottom line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Think you should re read what he posted. I think its all perceived pressure, seems like forever with losing last year, but IUP hasn't beat Rock "in a while." Just an anxious fanbase...

Comment

Among our panel of Pick 'Em participants, ... thus far 28 have picked IUP, with 4 taking Kutztown.

For the 'game of the week' ... that's pretty lopsided. Typically these types of games are close to a 50/50 split.

I'm actually surprised the Bears aren't getting some more love. They've played a game, have an incredible defense and also have a two-game winning streak against IUP (granted, it goes back a ways).

What is likely throwing a wrench in to the Vegas odds (wink) is the uncertainty of the Kutztown QB. He left last week with what certainly appeared to be a knee or ankle injury and did not return. Tort is also still pretending to have a yet unresolved QB battle. The 'home field advantage' doesn't really mean much in this instance -- perhaps just a bit. Even when full, Miller is one of the more quiet stadiums around.
                                I just may change my pick....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X