Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

It was Friday at 4pm. Offense looked fast and crisp minimal penalties. If Duane Brown stays healthy look out.
    Is the QB battle finally settled?

I've thought all summer IUP won't announce it until kickoff next Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Is the QB battle finally settled?
      Yes. Sort of. Maybe.

Here's what Tort said after the scrimmage: "Well, I mean, I'd say we're close. I mean, it's not etched in stone yet. Obviously, Harry was with the ones most of the time today and it looked like he had a pretty good day. Javon was mostly with the twos. He did some good things. But it, really -- and this isn't just the cliche answer, so to speak -- it's really who practices the best this week."
      http://www.indianagazette.com
      www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Yes. Sort of. Maybe.

Here's what Tort said after the scrimmage: "Well, I mean, I'd say we're close. I mean, it's not etched in stone yet. Obviously, Harry was with the ones most of the time today and it looked like he had a pretty good day. Javon was mostly with the twos. He did some good things. But it, really -- and this isn't just the cliche answer, so to speak -- it's really who practices the best this week."
        In other words he's going to make Kutztown prepare for both. Smart move.

If it is Harry Football getting most of the game snaps, do you think Davis will get some Kordell Stewart-type action throughout the game? Apologies to the younger crowd who probably doesn't know who Kordell is.

Any idea who will be the third team QB? Horn or one of the freshmen? Only ask because, well, the 3rd guy can become the second guy in one snap.

Comment

In other words he's going to make Kutztown prepare for both. Smart move.

If it is Harry Football getting most of the game snaps, do you think Davis will get some Kordell Stewart-type action throughout the game? Apologies to the younger crowd who probably doesn't know who Kordell is.

Any idea who will be the third team QB? Horn or one of the freshmen? Only ask because, well, the 3rd guy can become the second guy in one snap.
          Kordell Stewart is the dude who married and divorced Porsha Williams on The Real Housewives of Atlanta. :-)

Comment

• Didn't Kordell get arrested for something "funky" in New England too?

Comment

• Is there any update on why the band director quit and any chance that it might revert back to its former greatness?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                Is there any update on why the band director quit and any chance that it might revert back to its former greatness?
                They named an interim out of crisis mode. Not confirmed but it's a former local high school director.

Can't be any worse.

Comment

They named an interim out of crisis mode. Not confirmed but it's a former local high school director.

Can't be any worse.
                  The IUP Marching Band has really hit rock bottom.

No...he can't be any worse and if he gets rid of Crimson Express he's already ahead of the game.

Comment

• Game Week has arrived. IUP vs Kutztown flows right in to the Philadelphia Street-closed-down Appalachain Festival. No Clarks this year. Instead, a popular 80s cover band is headlining.

Has IUP ever had two big games such as these to start a season?

Any word on the Kutztown QB (injury)?

Comment

Game Week has arrived. IUP vs Kutztown flows right in to the Philadelphia Street-closed-down Appalachain Festival. No Clarks this year. Instead, a popular 80s cover band is headlining.

Has IUP ever had two big games such as these to start a season?

Any word on the Kutztown QB (injury)?
                      Do they say Appalachian with a aa or an ay?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Do they say Appalachian with a aa or an ay?
                        Depends how many Natty Lights.

Comment

• Sounds like the offense looked much better in Friday's final scrimmage. The QBs had much better stat lines.

Irv Charles had a big day.

Comment

• Excellent article in the Gazette today by Matt on the passing of Tim Singel.

Today is the 20-year anniversary.

I was a senior at IUP when that happened. Seems like yesterday.

Comment

Excellent article in the Gazette today by Matt on the passing of Tim Singel.

Today is the 20-year anniversary.

I was a senior at IUP when that happened. Seems like yesterday.
                              Thanks. Here's a link to the story.
                              http://www.indianagazette.com
                              www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• As a campus, IUP is at (34) confirmed Covid cases.

I think today is testing day for the football team. Keep your fingers crossed.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X