Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8-2. A lot of the big pieces are still new. That's still purgatory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      8-2. A lot of the big pieces are still new. That's still purgatory.
      That's probably a safe bet. Split the first two and split Cal/Rock.

But, they have to sweep the first two. Get this losing close in big games monkey off their backs.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        At the 100 days to kickoff mark I asked what our esteemed fan base was thinking, record-wise.

Responses went from 10-0 basically to 5-5.

A lot has changed since then. Some major pieces were added at QB, DL, WR, etc.

Knowing what we know now ... what say you?
        Anything worse than 9-1 will be disappointing. But its hard to be certain this year with so many not having played. there's bound to be growing pains, or maybe a covid impact that is hard to predict.

Comment

• Have some interesting information for you all. Dr. David Martynuik, the Director of IUP Marching Band, has officially handed in his resignation letter on Tuesday (08/24). I couldn't say anything as it wasn't confirmed until today. As of now, there is no reason given for his resignation. Not only is he leaving the marching band, but is currently cleaning out his office, and is leaving the university as well.

From what I heard through the grapevine, he just left after marching band rehearsal and handed his resignation to the dean. He did not mention anything or say anything to those in marching band or to anyone in his upcoming classes.

An email went out to all marching band members letting them know what had happened, and told everyone this had nothing to do with them. Sounds like this could be a personal matter, but that's just my speculation from those I've talked to.

I'll keep you updated if/when I learn more. Thankfully, I still have many connections in the IUP Music Department, so I can keep you all informed.

As of now, they stated they are looking for a replacement immediately, but student leaders and some faculty members will be leading rehearsals, etc.

For those of you tired of hearing Ghost Busters, this may be your lucky day.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post
            Have some interesting information for you all. Dr. David Martynuik, the Director of IUP Marching Band, has officially handed in his resignation letter on Tuesday (08/24). I couldn't say anything as it wasn't confirmed until today. As of now, there is no reason given for his resignation. Not only is he leaving the marching band, but is currently cleaning out his office, and is leaving the university as well.

From what I heard through the grapevine, he just left after marching band rehearsal and handed his resignation to the dean. He did not mention anything or say anything to those in marching band or to anyone in his upcoming classes.

An email went out to all marching band members letting them know what had happened, and told everyone this had nothing to do with them. Sounds like this could be a personal matter, but that's just my speculation from those I've talked to.

I'll keep you updated if/when I learn more. Thankfully, I still have many connections in the IUP Music Department, so I can keep you all informed.

As of now, they stated they are looking for a replacement immediately, but student leaders and some faculty members will be leading rehearsals, etc.

Sounds like a good opportunity for somebody.

Comment

• I've heard that tension is high in the music department. A bunch of positions were not filled so faculty are taking on more roles. Also heard that all band travel is cut for this year, which is a huge part of the experience for IUP.

Comment

Have some interesting information for you all. Dr. David Martynuik, the Director of IUP Marching Band, has officially handed in his resignation letter on Tuesday (08/24). I couldn't say anything as it wasn't confirmed until today. As of now, there is no reason given for his resignation. Not only is he leaving the marching band, but is currently cleaning out his office, and is leaving the university as well.

Tell him not to let the door hit him ...

Comment

• Joking aside I get he was a 'music guy' and probably despised having to belittle his once-mighty band at barbaric football games.

But, the band (at games) had become a joke. Seriously how did it get to the point of playing Ghostbusters 18 times per game?

The last 7-8 years I'd have preferred a DJ in the booth.

Proof in the pudding was Mercyhurst would always bring its band. Cal, too. They play football songs. Crowd songs. 'The Legend' thought it was playing a Jazz Ensemble concert.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Anything worse than 9-1 will be disappointing. But its hard to be certain this year with so many not having played. there's bound to be growing pains, or maybe a covid impact that is hard to predict.
                    Have to agree with you 100%, anything worse than 9-1 with all the transfers will be disappointing. Also, it is hard to predict because of the lack of a previous season. Lots of talent all over the roster. However, without a true "tune up" regular season game, will this team gell in time to win their first two games, in which both are pre-season Top 25 teams? Very impressive if they pull it off.

Comment

Last edited by IUPNation; 08-25-2021, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                        I've heard that tension is high in the music department. A bunch of positions were not filled so faculty are taking on more roles. Also heard that all band travel is cut for this year, which is a huge part of the experience for IUP.

Comment

Joking aside I get he was a 'music guy' and probably despised having to belittle his once-mighty band at barbaric football games.

But, the band (at games) had become a joke. Seriously how did it get to the point of playing Ghostbusters 18 times per game?

The last 7-8 years I'd have preferred a DJ in the booth.

Proof in the pudding was Mercyhurst would always bring its band. Cal, too. They play football songs. Crowd songs. 'The Legend' thought it was playing a Jazz Ensemble concert.

Comment

• They should torch the Crimson Exrpress and Ghost Busters at the bonfire the night before the Kutztown game.

Can't play Cherokee. I get it. Too PC in this jacked up world.

But, man, it would be nice.

Comment

• Captain Smith

Titanic

Iceberg

IUP Band

Que the violins

Comment

They should torch the Crimson Exrpress and Ghost Busters at the bonfire the night before the Kutztown game.

Can't play Cherokee. I get it. Too PC in this jacked up world.

But, man, it would be nice.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X