Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    Very informative article. However Anthony Leonard accepted a position at D1 Hofstra? That's not in Florida and I can't find anything online about Hofstra reinstating their football program. Is that accurate?
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    I saw that too. My guess is that its not a football job or Matt had a brain fart on the school name.
    Total case of late-night cranial flatulence. Leonard went to Fordham.
    http://www.indianagazette.com
    www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

You good Matt...no worries!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

If it's Fordham, that's a pretty good gig for him. I see they open up with Nebraska. He better hit the ground running.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
          Matt's got a nice new article focused mostly on IUP defense: https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...5a2541da4.html

Also some insight on the QB competition.
          Thanks for the article Matt Burglund !!!

Looks like members of the OL has added on weight if they are averaging 291lbs per lineman. That "should" help in the run game.

And when it comes to the defense, it sounds like three freshmen may start over players that has starting experience. It is still early, as Coach Tort.
          Last edited by ShoNuff; 08-20-2021, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Looks like members of the OL has added on weight if they are averaging 291lbs per lineman. That "should" help in the run game.
            Yeah, got to like a big O-Line that can move well within the line of scrimmage and keep some separation between the D line and the ball carrier.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Thanks for the article Matt Burglund !!!

And when it comes to the defense, it sounds like three freshmen may start over players that has starting experience. It is still early, as Coach Tort.
              Those OL have had two years to crush food, guzzle beer and pound weights. I suspect some big boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Those OL have had two years to crush food, guzzle beer and pound weights. I suspect some big boys.
                Hopefully some of the added weight is muscle.

Comment

• Well, IUP was back to being IUP last night. Campus area was nuts. Didn't see any masks. This may get ugly.

Comment

Well, IUP was back to being IUP last night. Campus area was nuts. Didn't see any masks. This may get ugly.
                    Thoughts & prayers

Comment

Well, IUP was back to being IUP last night. Campus area was nuts. Didn't see any masks. This may get ugly.
                      Not a shock at all.

Comment

Bloom had 8 positive cases thus far, and classes haven't started. If they reach 400, they will go back to online classes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

Bloom had 8 positive cases thus far, and classes haven't started. If they reach 400, they will go back to online classes.
                          Does Bloom require masks?

Regardless, the problem is the masks at colleges are only required for classes, right? What is adherence like outside of the classroom?

Comment

• Good Lord anybody see the fight in the bleachers at Heinz Field last night?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Does Bloom require masks?

Regardless, the problem is the masks at colleges are only required for classes, right? What is adherence like outside of the classroom?
                              Masks are required indoors, as I believe they are at all PSAC schools. Students were required to show proof of vaccination or a recent negative test before moving in. Any testing positive were sent home for quarantine. Testing on unvaccinated to be weekly.

Requirements included masks in all buildings on campus. I would doubt many would wear them at off campus homes or parties. I can't imagine trying to teach with a mask on or listening to a lecture from a masked professor. What a world.

Before students are allowed in their dorm rooms, they must stop at the university's alumni house with proof of a COVID-19 vaccination. If they choose not to be vaccinated, the student must get a test.
                              "If they have a negative, they get to move in. If they test positive, they have to return home until they test negative," explained Tom McGuire, a university spokesperson.
                              Bloomsburg University is also hosting a vaccination clinic on campus.
                              "Like many other universities, Bloomsburg is requiring everyone to wear masks in buildings on campus," McGuire added.
                              https://www.wnep.com/article/news/lo...7-7c2acbc129c4

Comment

Good Lord anybody see the fight in the bleachers at Heinz Field last night?
                                I just saw it online......wow....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X