Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard to believe but this September will mark 20 years since IUP player Tim Singel was killed.

I hope IUP does some form of memorial at the opener.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Green helps because beyond the three starters -- Brown, Charles and Carter -- there isn't a single WR on the roster who has caught a pass in a college game. So I doubt this pushes anyone out of the room.
      And despite his roster listing he actually can play at IUP next fall also.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Sounds kind of amazing. I don't know him but this guy started at Florida... is he potentially better than what we already have?
        There is nobody on that roster better than D. Brown. Mark that down, I don't care who they bring in. This kid is on another level. He is all the way back from that ACL that stopped him going power 5 out of HS.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

There is nobody on that roster better than D. Brown. Mark that down, I don't care who they bring in. This kid is on another level. He is all the way back from that ACL that stopped him going power 5 out of HS.
          Let's pray he's here next year and not in P5.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Little known fact except for us living around here is Duane Brown and Trey Tipton (Pitt WR) were teammates at little Apollo-Ridge High School.

Both were incredible. Tipton has just been snakebitten at Pitt with one injury after another.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I wonder why...because he is black and she is a Karen.

If Cletus from Heilwood hit her, I doubt there would be a police investigation.
              Perhaps she is the one under investigation for a misdemeanor. Charge them all and let the court decide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

Perhaps she is the one under investigation for a misdemeanor. Charge them all and let the court decide.
                At no point in that video do I see an official person intervene, whether it's police, security or an usher, whatever. The fracas goes on for awhile. Am I missing something?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

At no point in that video do I see an official person intervene, whether it's police, security or an usher, whatever. The fracas goes on for awhile. Am I missing something?
                  Last edited by Bart; 08-24-2021, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                    I agree that Woodbery is an ideal transfer QB, even if he has just one year left. However, some of IUP's better QBs over the years such as Failla and Eyerman were not really battle tested either (I believe Eyerman was a true freshman).

Green looks like another great pickup - but you have to wonder if that WR corps is getting crowded and if so who gets crowded out.
                    Paul Failla not battle tested? Did you forget his time at the real Notre Dame?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Did he start in Florida? I see that he played in 6 games over two seasons, 1 catch for 3 yards. Now he clearly started at Murray State in 2019, 28 receptions for 417 yards and 1 TD.

My question is where was he in 2020 (played in 2021)?
                      That's my fault. I said he started at Florida and later played at Murray State. I meant to say he started 'out' at Florda ... not 'started' as in first 11.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Green helps because beyond the three starters -- Brown, Charles and Carter -- there isn't a single WR on the roster who has caught a pass in a college game. So I doubt this pushes anyone out of the room.
                        Outside of Devin Carney (Thaddeus Stevens), that is a true statement in regards to the lack of WR experience beyond Brown/Charles/Carter. However, with now having three RBs with All-PSAC honors (Evans, Anderson, and Woody) along with the development of Adam Houser, I was thinking that maybe Evans or Anderson may move to WR to perhaps share reps with Carter. But with the signing of Green, I now see Green moving ahead of Carter in the offense 3-WR sets. And I see the RBs fighting for reps in the backfield. IUP has a lot of weapons on offense, and winning "should" help keep the complaining down to a minimal.

Comment

• Originally posted by GregD View Post

Paul Failla not battle tested? Did you forget his time at the real Notre Dame?
                          Yes and no. 34 career passes at ND

Comment

• At the 100 days to kickoff mark I asked what our esteemed fan base was thinking, record-wise.

Responses went from 10-0 basically to 5-5.

A lot has changed since then. Some major pieces were added at QB, DL, WR, etc.

Knowing what we know now ... what say you?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              At the 100 days to kickoff mark I asked what our esteemed fan base was thinking, record-wise.

Responses went from 10-0 basically to 5-5.

A lot has changed since then. Some major pieces were added at QB, DL, WR, etc.

Knowing what we know now ... what say you?
                              14-0, weapons galore. Anything less Tort should be fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

14-0, weapons galore. Anything less Tort should be fired.
                                Tort loses 3 in a row vs SRU he's gonna get some grumblings on here. Not fired but grumblings for sure. Especially considering they could have won the last two ... 2018 in particular.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X