Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

ND at 9-2 vs IUP at 8-2... on paper that Ashland win by ND could pay big dividends come selection Sunday. 2 loss team are going to get in, not all of them, but at least the ones with the stronger SOS. ND set itself up for error with that win against Ashland.

Certainly not saying that IUP made a mistake in not getting the 11th game, but once again it could be a deciding factor if they don't win out.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

For sure. I am never in favor of not having an opportunity to put a win, or, I suppose, a loss on you total at the end of the year. Play a game. I don't care what your conference schedule looks like really. Play somebody. It certainly takes having a dance partner, but there are a lot of colleges out there at many levels. Surely somebody was willing to suit up and play a football game that weekend.

I've never been of the belief that you should be rewarded for playing less games. If Team A goes 9-2, I don't view them lesser than Team B that went 9-1 and didn't play an 11th game and has one fewer loss. The fact that Team A went out and played somebody holds more weight for me than whatever wonky SOS metric or calculation you can come up with. If it comes down to a 9-2 Shep or an 8-2 IUP, I hope IUP sits at home. Not a popular opinion, but it's the one I've always held. Play a football game. I wouldn't have cared if that extra win for Shepherd's came against the school for the blind. Fact is, they went out and played. IUP didn't. Play Point Park for all I care - and they don't have a football team. Should never be rewarded for ducking out of a potential loss on the basis of "we have a tough enough conference crossover schedule and therefore don't need to play this game." Again, it takes two. Maybe they tried. If they didn't that's BS in my opinion.
      It can be tough scheduling that 11 game if you only want to sign a one year deal to play them. I feel like most schools would want the 1 and 1 deal. You play at home once they play at home once. Especially with budgets being changed due to Covid, it may not have been affordable for a team to travel to Indiana for one game just to get stomped out.

Comment

Do you care that Clarion plays some order of IUP, Cal, and SRU in back to back to back weeks? That's typically how their schedule falls. And that's been like that for years too.
        I think Ship would rather not have had Shepherd, West Chester, and Kutztown in a row this season, but that's the way it fell. I believe it's that way next season as well. The 2019 season was brutal because we had a below-average team and played every top team in the West as well as the ones in our division. I don't think the Raiders have much of a shot at Kutztown this season, but it obviously doesn't help going up there after tough games the previous two weeks. The pecking order of the league has been established well enough over the past several seasons that I think the league office could do a better job of spacing out some of these games.

Comment

• This is the 7th year in a row (counting the lost 2020 Season would have made this the 8th) that IUP is playing SRU/Cal back-to-back.

And, guess what? Shocker. Same in 2022 and 2023.

So, that is 10 straight seasons IUP was 'randomly' scheduled to play SRU/Cal back-to-back.

What a crock of trash.

Ten in a row. Amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            This is the 7th year in a row (counting the lost 2020 Season would have made this the 8th) that IUP is playing SRU/Cal back-to-back.

And, guess what? Shocker. Same in 2022 and 2023.

So, that is 10 straight seasons IUP was 'randomly' scheduled to play SRU/Cal back-to-back.

What a crock of trash.

Ten in a row. Amazing.
            Absolutely absurd... everybody in the psac wants to see the hawks lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPFOOTBALLALUM View Post

It can be tough scheduling that 11 game if you only want to sign a one year deal to play them. I feel like most schools would want the 1 and 1 deal. You play at home once they play at home once. Especially with budgets being changed due to Covid, it may not have been affordable for a team to travel to Indiana for one game just to get stomped out.
              Yes, I recognize that. I'm not pretending to know IUP's financial situation within the program, but schedule a home and home then. Regarding scheduling a lesser program for that, IUP did it with Southern CT State a few years ago.

Comment

Yes, I recognize that. I'm not pretending to know IUP's financial situation within the program, but schedule a home and home then. Regarding scheduling a lesser program for that, IUP did it with Southern CT State a few years ago.
                They did try to get a tomato can in here this year. Didn't work. Two to tango.

Comment

They did try to get a tomato can in here this year. Didn't work. Two to tango.
                  Were they willing to go on the road to said tomato can next year? Not the ideal scenario obviously, but... They have to be flexible too.

Comment

• Per the IG today, Raunya Mitchell has returned to practice (university suspension). He hasn't played since the Shepherd debacle. Tort said if he has a good week he can travel.

He has to be going insane with so many of these guys in and out on a weekly basis.

Article also stated Houser is expected to play this weekend.

Comment

Per the IG today, Raunya Mitchell has returned to practice (university suspension). He hasn't played since the Shepherd debacle. Tort said if he has a good week he can travel.

He has to be going insane with so many of these guys in and out on a weekly basis.

Comment

• Note Tort said he will be allowed to travel. He didn't say play.

Hopefully.

Mitchell missed last year's SRU game (2019).

Comment

• Hopefully, Houser can provide a spark to the offense. Clarion is a good game to come back for. I also hope he is completely over the ankle injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Hopefully, Houser can provide a spark to the offense. Clarion is a good game to come back for. I also hope he is completely over the ankle injury.
                            Forget a spark. I want a freaking explosion. Whole team. Let's see some fire.

We haven't seen that IUP swag in a long time.

Comment

Per the IG today, Raunya Mitchell has returned to practice (university suspension). He hasn't played since the Shepherd debacle. Tort said if he has a good week he can travel.

Wow....REALLY ?!!?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Wow....REALLY ?!!?
                                Yep. I assumed he was in protocol. Your best DL isn't your best DL sitting in his dorm room.

Don't even want to know how one gets a 'university suspension' ...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X