• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Mrs. Redfield? Are you Max's mom?

Comment

• Max making a terrible mistake and resurfacing down in the bus leagues ... doesn't take tremendous talent evaluation to know he's going to dominate the lower level.

It's like saying you've watched 15 years of film on Tom Brady and concluding he's a good QB.

Problem is a Max type surfaces down here about once a decade (if).

Comment

• The thing with the two main subjects of this discussion, Max Redfield and Jim Haslett, is that they weren't just like a typical "D1 transfer" that IUP and others get. Both had the potential to be a top flight D1 player on a national level i.e. D1 All-Americans. I believe Redfield was a 5 star recruit out of HS and he was considered a potential D1 All-American at ND until he got into trouble. As for Haslett, he was a HS QB and then freakishly grew by 3 inches between his HS senior year and 1st year of college. So, he ended up at IUP as a 6'4" 230 lb. LB/DE. Had he had that growth spurt earlier in his HS career his path to college could have been much different. Consider that a few months after playing at Miller Stadium against the likes of Westminster College and Clarion, Haslett was named the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year. His 2nd year he was All-Pro. He played for 6 more years but was beset with injuries during those years and didn't make All-Pro again..

Comment

The thing with the two main subjects of this discussion, Max Redfield and Jim Haslett, is that they weren't just like a typical "D1 transfer" that IUP and others get. Both had the potential to be a top flight D1 player on a national level i.e. D1 All-Americans. I believe Redfield was a 5 star recruit out of HS and he was considered a potential D1 All-American at ND until he got into trouble. As for Haslett, he was a HS QB and then freakishly grew by 3 inches between his HS senior year and 1st year of college. So, he ended up at IUP as a 6'4" 230 lb. LB/DE. Had he had that growth spurt earlier in his HS career his path to college could have been much different. Consider that a few months after playing at Miller Stadium against the likes of Westminster College and Clarion, Haslett was named the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year. His 2nd year he was All-Pro. He played for 6 more years but was beset with injuries during those years and didn't make All-Pro again..
            Haslett was not a D1 Transfer. LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post

Haslett was not a D1 Transfer. LOL!
              I never said he was. I said he wasn't like a typical D1 transfer. That does not mean he was a D1 transfer.

Comment

• Comment

• This Max thing is turning into the inverse of Homer's Lenny obsession.

Comment

• I know when it's gone too far. Or, I should say, I KNOW WHEN IT'S GONE TOO FAR.

Comment

• I would say the initial buzz around Logan Leiby and IUP has come to an end.

Leiby posted some new highlights, etc., on Twitter the other day. If IUP was going to offer him surely you'd think that would have happened by now.

I'd be real interested in Clarion RB McGriff. I know IUP has two studs back next year. But, as we see year after year, you can never have enough. But, McGriff is likely going to require close to a full ride. They probably have more pressing issues within the salary cap.

Comment

I know when it's gone too far. Or, I should say, I KNOW WHEN IT'S GONE TOO FAR.
                        Do you think the new 15' tall Max Redfield statue in the middle of the Oak Grove was going too far? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Do you think the new 15' tall Max Redfield statue in the middle of the Oak Grove was going too far? lol
                          Trevor Harris has donated the funds to have the Fighting Scot statue at Edinboro refurbished to have the face of Trey Staunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Trevor Harris has donated the funds to have the Fighting Scot statue at Edinboro refurbished to have the face of Trey Staunch.
                            I still remember when he launched Dante Lombardi in to Row 9 at the KCAC. Lol.

Comment

I still remember when he launched Dante Lombardi in to Row 9 at the KCAC. Lol.
                              What do the kids say these days? F around and find out? LOL

Comment

I would say the initial buzz around Logan Leiby and IUP has come to an end.

Leiby posted some new highlights, etc., on Twitter the other day. If IUP was going to offer him surely you'd think that would have happened by now.

I'd be real interested in Clarion RB McGriff. I know IUP has two studs back next year. But, as we see year after year, you can never have enough. But, McGriff is likely going to require close to a full ride. They probably have more pressing issues within the salary cap.
                                It depends if they can work out a grad assistantship for him - they probably have 1 or maybe 2 to give out. Usually they reserve this for guys like Woodbery and Maxwell, but Mcgriff might be a good candidate depending on what they have to do for a QB.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X