Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post

And? Max was a freak on the field. Best defensive player ever to play at IUP. Put the stats up, best single season stats than anyone! Stats do not LIE MY FRIEND!
    Really? Better look again. JR Stevens' stats were much better, more interceptions and more pass breakups.

Redfield did not win Defensive player of year (Marcus Martin-SRU) other IUP defensive players in past has won that award

Comment

And? Max was a freak on the field. Best defensive player ever to play at IUP. Put the stats up, best single season stats than anyone! Stats do not LIE MY FRIEND!
      I don't see Max's name anywhere in the IUP record books. Opponents kept the ball away from him. His defensive backfield teammate JR Stevens is in the record books, though.

When Max did get a chance to make a play on a pass it was usually spectacular. He was also an awesome open-field tackler. But he did not put up a lot of stats.

Comment

• The rules or lack there of, in the seventies would scare today's players. Few restrictions of chop blocks, few restrictions on downfield contact with wr, helmet to helmet contact mostly legal, equipment that was not as protective, Jack Tatum, leftover leather helmets, etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

The rules or lack there of, in the seventies would scare today's players. Few restrictions of chop blocks, few restrictions on downfield contact with wr, helmet to helmet contact mostly legal, equipment that was not as protective, Jack Tatum, leftover leather helmets, etc...
          Are you going to bring up when Haslett stepped on Terry Bradshaw's head?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Are you going to bring up when Haslett stepped on Terry Bradshaw's head?
            That was the only chance they had to win the game.

Comment

• Comment

• A lot of players get carted off on stretchers and you jackass!

Comment

• Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

Really? Better look again. JR Stevens' stats were much better, more interceptions and more pass breakups.

Redfield did not win Defensive player of year (Marcus Martin-SRU) other IUP defensive players in past has won that award
                  Slimy Pebble, Lol. Your a jackass so hear you go. The only reason Marcus Martin won the award because he was there for 4 years. Talent wise Max Redfield is a thousand times better than Marcus Slapdick Martin. PS you guys are going to suck next year. F SLIMY COCK!

Comment

Jason Capizzi was an offensive lineman you clown.
                    For some reason I thought he was a defensive lineman.

Comment

I will debate this with any respectable blogger or any blogger who is a clown. MAX REDFIELD WAS THE GREATEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER EVER TO PLAY AT IUP. If you disagree with me give me your list, only a few will even come close.
                      Football has changed with the times, so it's hard to compare eras and come up with a definitive answer. In my time, Max was one of the best ever to play defense for IUP.

So were:
                      • Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
                      • Joey Flora
                      • Mike Borisenko
                      • Andrew Battle
                      • Barry Threats
                      • Damon Lloyd
                      • Kevin Clarke
                      • Roger Wilson
                      • Dondrea Tillman
                      • Deandre Easterling
                      • Terrance Jackson
                      • Jet Tindell

Now call me a clown so I can move on.
                      http://www.indianagazette.com
                      www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

For some reason I thought he was a defensive lineman.
                        He might be the best offensive lineman to play at IUP in the last 20 years or so.
                        http://www.indianagazette.com
                        www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• This back and forth over IUP defenders reminded me one of my favorites from my time at IUP, LB Kris Griffin. He ended up hanging in the NFL for a few years. His younger brother Kirby probably had more talent but him and WR Joe Slappy beat the snot out of bouncer outside wolfies if I remember right and ended up at Cal. One a of a handful of off the field issues that lead to Franks end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

He might be the best offensive lineman to play at IUP in the last 20 years or so.
                            You would think that his height would have been a liability but he could really leverage it well.

Comment

Just saying when you're comparing great football players, I'm not really impressed that one guy might be somewhat faster than another. If stats don't lie, then Haslett, who had a lengthy career in the NFL, is certainly the better player.

Comment

• Originally posted by The P in IUP View Post
                                This back and forth over IUP defenders reminded me one of my favorites from my time at IUP, LB Kris Griffin. He ended up hanging in the NFL for a few years. His younger brother Kirby probably had more talent but him and WR Joe Slappy beat the snot out of bouncer outside wolfies if I remember right and ended up at Cal. One a of a handful of off the field issues that lead to Franks end.
                                Thugs! Yes, you were right. They were awful human beings.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X