Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Google tells me his salary at JMU is $425,000 this year. Bronco Mendenhall had a base salary of $3.4 million at Virginia this year.
    And he'd only have to move about an hour.

Comment

• I think so, too. Not only is it the next step up the ladder, it comes with a life changing paycheck. I hope he gets this, or another opportunity at that level.

Comment

Google tells me his salary at JMU is $425,000 this year. Bronco Mendenhall had a base salary of $3.4 million at Virginia this year.
        It's a no brainer decision!!!

Comment

Comment

• His season is still alive at James Madison. Of course, that doesn't mean much in the P5 world. Big money talks ... and, they don't like to wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

His season is still alive at James Madison. Of course, that doesn't mean much in the P5 world. Big money talks ... and, they don't like to wait.
              Last edited by IUPNation; 12-08-2021, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• He was a big fan of the IUP Band. With that kind of coin he could hire them to perform their Dubois Showcase in his backyard.

I ain't 'fraid of no ghost.

Comment

Curt has made several lists for the UVA opening.

Comment

• I didn't say he was getting the job. I said he's on several candidate lists for the UVA opening.

Comment

• Didn't a lot of people want to get rid of him when he was at IUP?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                        Didn't a lot of people want to get rid of him when he was at IUP?
                        He wasn't exactly a 'shaking hands and kissing babies' kind of guy, which I think rubbed some of the IUP money brass the wrong way.

Then, of course, he got tied up in the infamous Chase Hazlett fiasco, which also rubbed many the wrong way.

There was even a student publication that really went hard after his program in a very lengthy story. The pro-Curt crowd downplayed it as it mostly only interviewed players who had left the program.

Like him or not, Curt had things rolling. Tort gets the record in the history books, but the 2017 team was all of Curt's recruits. He left the cupboard fully stocked when he left for Elon.

I'd say lastly, it was pretty apparent in Indiana he wasn't going to be here long-term. So, perhaps he got some negative kickback over it.

End of the day, he brought IUP out of the Lou Tepper disaster. So, we all owe him for that. And, obviously, he's an outstanding coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                          Didn't a lot of people want to get rid of him when he was at IUP?

Comment

Tort gets the record in the history books, but the 2017 team was all of Curt's recruits.
                            Mostly, yes. But two of the most important players on that team were one-year transfers that Tort brought in: Jerron Searles and Max Redfield.
                            http://www.indianagazette.com
                            www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• If I was an FBS athletic director and Curt Cignetti has interest in my school's football head coaching job, I put him at, or near, the top of my list. He has the Saban blueprint and he has used it at IUP, Elon and James Madison: It's about player acquisition and development. Get good ones and make them great ones.

He can be difficult for the media to handle, but so is Saban, and any coach with Saban DNA is a guy I want to talk with. They don't all work out (McElwain, Muschamp, etc.), but Curt has used the blueprint to win everywhere he's been a HC.
                              http://www.indianagazette.com
                              www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

He wasn't exactly a 'shaking hands and kissing babies' kind of guy, which I think rubbed some of the IUP money brass the wrong way.

Then, of course, he got tied up in the infamous Chase Hazlett fiasco, which also rubbed many the wrong way.

There was even a student publication that really went hard after his program in a very lengthy story. The pro-Curt crowd downplayed it as it mostly only interviewed players who had left the program.

Like him or not, Curt had things rolling. Tort gets the record in the history books, but the 2017 team was all of Curt's recruits. He left the cupboard fully stocked when he left for Elon.

I'd say lastly, it was pretty apparent in Indiana he wasn't going to be here long-term. So, perhaps he got some negative kickback over it.

End of the day, he brought IUP out of the Lou Tepper disaster. So, we all owe him for that. And, obviously, he's an outstanding coach.
                                I've said it before, but Curt taking the IUP job had very little to do with IUP but more with his wish to rebrand himself as a head coach. Coming "home" was purely icing on the cake. Is Mike Shanahan still dating Curt's daughter?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X