Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man that's too bad about Davis. I thought they should build around him next year. IUP will have a big senior class. Tort better hit big with the QB or all the potential of next year could be ruined....again. What's the recruited QB room like right now? Makes me wonder if Tort is flirting with becoming TLT2.

Davis first two college starts vs Kutz and Shepherd. And they didnt lose because of the QB spot.

Comment

• If I'm not mistaking haven't all the starting IUP QBs beginning with Mike Box been transfers? It's probably rare that a true freshman can come in and take over a team. The IUP Angry Mob has high expectations and patience seems to be running thin - is there any tolerance out there to go through another 7-3, 8-3 non playoff year as a freshman develops? Even if the Angry Mob would bite the bullet for another year, does the Program want to take that freshman path or is IUP football in a perpetual "win now" mind set with a constant QB transfers?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
        If I'm not mistaking haven't all the starting IUP QBs beginning with Mike Box been transfers? It's probably rare that a true freshman can come in and take over a team. The IUP Angry Mob has high expectations and patience seems to be running thin - is there any tolerance out there to go through another 7-3, 8-3 non playoff year as a freshman develops? Even if the Angry Mob would bite the bullet for another year, does the Program want to take that freshman path or is IUP football in a perpetual "win now" mind set with a constant QB transfers?
        I'd guess until they bomb on one it will continue. Their last three have been Lenny Williams, Maxwell and Woodberry.

Lenny was a transfer but he played here 4 years.

If they don't get a mid-year QB transfer signed ... the QB room will be pretty lonely this Spring.

The market is flooded. I'm confident they'll find one they like. Hopefully it's at least a two-year guy but if the right one-year guy is available ... by all means.

No excuses next year. They will be an older, experienced team.

Comment

If I'm not mistaking haven't all the starting IUP QBs beginning with Mike Box been transfers? It's probably rare that a true freshman can come in and take over a team.
          1991-93: Scott Woods (Marshall)
          1994-95: Ken Ferguson (Pitt)
          1996-97: Terry Throm (WVU)
          1998: Paul Failla (Notre Dame)
          1999-2002: Brian Eyerman (recruit)
          2003-04, 2006: Kevin Weidl (recruit)
          2005, 2007-09: Andrew Krewatch (recruit)
          2009-11: Pat Smith (recruit)
          2010: Bo Napoleon (JC transfer)
          2011-13: Mike Box (UConn)
          2014: Chase Haslett (Illinois)
          2015-18: Lenny Williams (Temple)
          2019: Quinton Maxwell (Ohio)
          2021: Harry Woodbery (Eastern Illinois)

Those are just the starters. Eyerman and Krewatch started as true freshmen, out of necessity.
          http://www.indianagazette.com
          www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Notre dame is coming to shepherdstown, should be a great game!
            QB will torch NDC watched them today there defense is not very good to say the least. SU will put up 50 on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post
              Bloom's Leiby could be traded for Javon Davis. Everyone wins.
              Who is this Leiby kid this board loves . Record and background if somebody has intel. Thx

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Who is this Leiby kid this board loves . Record and background if somebody has intel. Thx
                Here, let me Google that for you:

https://buhuskies.com/sports/footbal...gan-leiby/9631

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Here are his Bloom highlights

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1080999...c87201448ef469

Logan Leiby (5-11, 195, QB) - Selinsgrove, Pa. / Selinsgrove
                  2017 PA Writers 4A First Team All-State at quarterback ... 2017 Eastern PA Football.com First Team All-State ... 2017 Mr. PA Football Tremendous 25, WNEP Dream Team, and Daily Item Player of the Year ... completed 65% of attempts for 3,776 yards and 42 touchdowns along with rushing for 366 yards and five touchdowns as a senior ... holds school and District 4 career records for passing yards (9,848), passes completed (664), and touchdown passes (95) ... holds school and District 4 single-season records for passing yards (3,776), completions (233), and touchdown passes (42) ... finished third all-time in Pennsylvania in career passing yards and sixth all-time in Pennsylvania in career passing touchdowns ... three-year letterman in basketball and baseball ... four-year honor roll student and Treasurer for the National Honor Society ... two-year team captain for coach Derek Hicks.
                  Last edited by Bart; 11-22-2021, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

1991-93: Scott Woods (Marshall)
                    1994-95: Ken Ferguson (Pitt)
                    1996-97: Terry Throm (WVU)
                    1998: Paul Failla (Notre Dame)
                    1999-2002: Brian Eyerman (recruit)
                    2003-04, 2006: Kevin Weidl (recruit)
                    2005, 2007-09: Andrew Krewatch (recruit)
                    2009-11: Pat Smith (recruit)
                    2010: Bo Napoleon (JC transfer)
                    2011-13: Mike Box (UConn)
                    2014: Chase Haslett (Illinois)
                    2015-18: Lenny Williams (Temple)
                    2019: Quinton Maxwell (Ohio)
                    2021: Harry Woodbery (Eastern Illinois)

Those are just the starters. Eyerman and Krewatch started as true freshmen, out of necessity.
                    The late Rich Ingold was a transfer from South Carolina.

Comment

If I'm not mistaking haven't all the starting IUP QBs beginning with Mike Box been transfers? It's probably rare that a true freshman can come in and take over a team. The IUP Angry Mob has high expectations and patience seems to be running thin - is there any tolerance out there to go through another 7-3, 8-3 non playoff year as a freshman develops? Even if the Angry Mob would bite the bullet for another year, does the Program want to take that freshman path or is IUP football in a perpetual "win now" mind set with a constant QB transfers?

Comment

• Lieby appears to have a nice arm. I've now seen him listed at 5'11", 6'0" and 6'1". I'll assume he's grown two inches since high school.

Sounds like he has a lot of the intangibles -- well-liked, leadership, great athlete, etc.

He also has two years' eligibility which is a major plus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

Here are his Bloom highlights

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1080999...c87201448ef469

Logan Leiby (5-11, 195, QB) - Selinsgrove, Pa. / Selinsgrove
                          2017 PA Writers 4A First Team All-State at quarterback ... 2017 Eastern PA Football.com First Team All-State ... 2017 Mr. PA Football Tremendous 25, WNEP Dream Team, and Daily Item Player of the Year ... completed 65% of attempts for 3,776 yards and 42 touchdowns along with rushing for 366 yards and five touchdowns as a senior ... holds school and District 4 career records for passing yards (9,848), passes completed (664), and touchdown passes (95) ... holds school and District 4 single-season records for passing yards (3,776), completions (233), and touchdown passes (42) ... finished third all-time in Pennsylvania in career passing yards and sixth all-time in Pennsylvania in career passing touchdowns ... three-year letterman in basketball and baseball ... four-year honor roll student and Treasurer for the National Honor Society ... two-year team captain for coach Derek Hicks.
                          Thx for the info. Question did he get hurt in 2021 or passed up by the freshman?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                            The late Rich Ingold was a transfer from South Carolina.
                            Yes, he was. I just picked the arbitrary year of 1990, when IUP really got on the national map.

True fact: Frank Cignetti Sr. was a transfer (Westminster), although he wasn't a QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Yes, he was. I just picked the arbitrary year of 1990, when IUP really got on the national map.

True fact: Frank Cignetti Sr. was a transfer (Westminster), although he wasn't a QB.
                              Were the two guys ahead of Eyerman (his true freshmen year) both imports? Names slip me ... Yohe and Randolph? As I recall they both went down in the narrow loss at Youngstown State?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Were the two guys ahead of Eyerman (his true freshmen year) both imports? Names slip me ... Yohe and Randolph? As I recall they both went down in the narrow loss at Youngstown State?
                                Yohe was a recruit from Clearfield. Randolph was a transfer from Virginia Tech. He went back to VT after the 1999 season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X