Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Game within the game baby! Nice post!

They have an 0-5 team coming off a 75-0 loss. They best win the game within the game (whatever the hell that actually means).

SRU and Cal are up next. Turn this into a JV game by halftime and rest starters.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They have an 0-5 team coming off a 75-0 loss. They best win the game within the game (whatever the hell that actually means).

SRU and Cal are up next. Turn this into a JV game by halftime and rest starters.

Comment

• What did those who attended the game think of the new in-game DJ that IUP had set up in the band end zone?

I thought it was a nice touch ... needs to be a little louder. It was kind of hard to hear with the all-afternoon concert going on behind the stadium (they seemed to have much louder speakers behind the stadium).

That announced 5,369 gate was probably pretty accurate. If IUP would shut off tailgating during the game they probably could have had easily 7,500 come inside. I'd guess half of that gate was gone by the start of the fourth quarter. Unfortunately they missed a pretty dramatic ending. You know, when the team can actually use a boost from the crowd.

Comment

What did those who attended the game think of the new in-game DJ that IUP had set up in the band end zone?

I thought it was a nice touch ... needs to be a little louder. It was kind of hard to hear with the all-afternoon concert going on behind the stadium (they seemed to have much louder speakers behind the stadium).

That announced 5,369 gate was probably pretty accurate. If IUP would shut off tailgating during the game they probably could have had easily 7,500 come inside. I'd guess half of that gate was gone by the start of the fourth quarter. Unfortunately they missed a pretty dramatic ending. You know, when the team can actually use a boost from the crowd.

Comment

• Comment

• I think Gregory Moore's quote above should be the giant wake up call ... " .... if we let them score again, we lose."

Had GU scored again, they just wouldn't have lost ... the season would have been over. Watching the game I'm not sure they were picking up on that urgency. It sure as hell didn't look like it.

You probably get one lucky escape a year. I think they just used up that card.

That defense was going through the motions most of the afternoon until that last drive. Then all the sudden they looked ferocious. Where was that all day?
              Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 10-04-2021, 08:33 AM.

Comment

I think Gregory Moore's quote above should be the giant wake up call ... " .... if we let them score again, we lose."

Had GU scored again, they just wouldn't have lost ... the season would have been over. Watching the game I'm not sure they were picking up on that urgency. It sure as hell didn't look like it.

If IUP had lost, it would have been PANDEMONIUM Homecoming weekend. The State Police would have brought in the horses and the chopper. Kevin Bacon and the ROTC would have instituted martial law on Philly Street.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

If IUP had lost, it would have been PANDEMONIUM Homecoming weekend. The State Police would have brought in the horses and the chopper. Kevin Bacon and the ROTC would have instituted martial law on Philly Street.
                  Well, the horses and choppers were already here. LOL.

Very calm Homecoming by IUP standards. The militarized zone approach helps.

Comment

Well, the horses and choppers were already here. LOL.

Very calm Homecoming by IUP standards. The militarized zone approach helps.

Comment

• Slip makes the trip up to Erie this week to face boro... I see slip winning... but in a lot of a closer game than everybody thinks. Boro plays everybody tough... losing @ WC by 4 and cal u by 8.

Comment

• Comment

• They can't find officials. It is bad. A couple of them in Saturday's game had to be in their 70s. They just get out of position constantly. They aren't in the physical condition to be out there for 3-4 hours -- not to mention the safety factor of huge dudes moving that fast.

The Irv call ... I can't comment. From the home side it was pretty far away and a bad angle. The stadium doesn't show replay. Lord knows why. Even the video playback ... the camera angle was coming from the box so you couldn't really see what happened very clearly. I'd love to see video from the other side of the stadium.

Harry's TD was a joke. He gets tackled to the ground 8 yards in to the endzone and then the tackler rams his head down to the turf while getting up. No call. Obviously that got a reaction from IUP's players ... and Irv gets a flag. LOL what a joke.

I will say Duane almost got another taunting flag on his TD. The official just about threw it but held back and had a little chat with him instead.

That was a flag-happy bunch. GU had 9-10 called on them, too.

The 'taunting' needs a sit-down meeting to review. Most of the worst stuff I've seen this year they ignore and then the petty stuff they call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I've heard a lot from some folks at IUP and a friend who is a high school band director up the road. Trying my best to summarize and be fair to him. What seems consistent is that the department is under a lot of stress from unfilled positions suffering from reduced budgets and some covid protocols. The timing sucked but I guess he had enough and resigned.
                            He could have taken Crimson Abomination with him..,

Comment

I think Gregory Moore's quote above should be the giant wake up call ... " .... if we let them score again, we lose."

That defense was going through the motions most of the afternoon until that last drive. Then all the sudden they looked ferocious. Where was that all day?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Game within the game baby! Nice post!
                                Things are sure to heat up in the PSAC east and West the next couple of weeks. With iup and Shep with 1 L their backs are against the wall if they want to make a playoff spot. It will be some fun football to watch down the stretch here

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X