Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      The 'why' part of the Terrance Glen move is Tort stated after four games teams are throwing about 35-40 passes a game against them. Sounds like they think Glenn could make an impact in the pass rush and help to keep guys fresh.

With the nearly all-freshmen defensive backfield (and knowing what's coming) ... sounds like a good idea. Anybody with film of IUP is certainly going to keep passing the ball a lot.

Comment

• Comment

Huge day for Women's Tennis. IUP won the PSAC Singles and Doubles titles.

In fact, IUP players played against one another in the final matches.
          I wish more high schools had tennis teams. It's a sport you can play most of your life and get good exercise. It's also a cheap sport as most players own their racquets, and many communities have already built tennis courts. The only real expense is basically loading the players into a van and transporting them to a venue. If cost-cutting is needed, you can have a tourney with several teams at the same site.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I wish more high schools had tennis teams. It's a sport you can play most of your life and get good exercise. It's also a cheap sport as most players own their racquets, and many communities have already built tennis courts. The only real expense is basically loading the players into a van and transporting them to a venue. If cost-cutting is needed, you can have a tourney with several teams at the same site.
            It doesn't seem to be a sport garnering much interest with this current generation. Aside from the tennis team, the IUP tennis facility gets very little use. Some older folks play but I almost never see any younger people playing. It seems in the WPIAL most of the bigger schools (4A, 5A and 6A) have teams.

I'm a raquetball junkie. It used to be you'd need to make reservations for a court days in advance. They hardly get used now. I guess having 5,000 less students here plays a factor, too.

Comment

• Tennis is a dying sport in the US. Half the time anymore when you see people using a public tennis court they're playing pickleball. Its last refuge is country clubs. A lot of college teams are predominantly international.

I think racquetball is probably the same. Its not a "joe public" sport.

The one that really surprises me is field hockey. That's not a sport kids grow up playing. Who is the target audience and when do girls start learning how to play?

Comment

• What screen names?

Comment

• Comment

• The MEC doesn't play a title game so this is probably ND's only remaining chance to lose a game. If they do lose they'll likely finish 9-2 with a nice win over Ashland on the resume. But, as we saw in 2018 first hand, a two-loss team with a nice win over Ashland doesn't always make the playoffs (IUP).

It's highly unlikely Charleston loses again, either, and will probably finish with just one loss.

PSAC fans should be in full force hoping for Frostburg State to win this game. If not, the MEC will have a great shot at two teams.

All of that said, the MEC is somewhat famous for some whacky upset each year on the gridiron. They have a slew of weak teams, however, so I'm not sure that will happen this year.

Comment

The MEC doesn't play a title game so this is probably ND's only remaining chance to lose a game. If they do lose they'll likely finish 9-2 with a nice win over Ashland on the resume. But, as we saw in 2018 first hand, a two-loss team with a nice win over Ashland doesn't always make the playoffs (IUP).

It's highly unlikely Charleston loses again, either, and will probably finish with just one loss.

PSAC fans should be in full force hoping for Frostburg State to win this game. If not, the MEC will have a great shot at two teams.

All of that said, the MEC is somewhat famous for some whacky upset each year on the gridiron. They have a slew of weak teams, however, so I'm not sure that will happen this year.
                      Yep! A Frostburg win is the best case scenario. I really feel like NDC bounces back this week, though.

Comment

The MEC doesn't play a title game so this is probably ND's only remaining chance to lose a game. If they do lose they'll likely finish 9-2 with a nice win over Ashland on the resume. But, as we saw in 2018 first hand, a two-loss team with a nice win over Ashland doesn't always make the playoffs (IUP).

Comment

• Looks like Clarion had a lot of dudes out last week -- including star RB McGriff.

Granted, had they played, it may have been 55-10 instead of 75-0.

Any word on why they were out and if they'll return this week?

Comment

• ND at 9-2 vs IUP at 8-2... on paper that Ashland win by ND could pay big dividends come selection Sunday. 2 loss team are going to get in, not all of them, but at least the ones with the stronger SOS. ND set itself up for error with that win against Ashland.

Certainly not saying that IUP made a mistake in not getting the 11th game, but once again it could be a deciding factor if they don't win out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

ND at 9-2 vs IUP at 8-2... on paper that Ashland win by ND could pay big dividends come selection Sunday. 2 loss team are going to get in, not all of them, but at least the ones with the stronger SOS. ND set itself up for error with that win against Ashland.

Certainly not saying that IUP made a mistake in not getting the 11th game, but once again it could be a deciding factor if they don't win out.
                              Well just have so see... it will all play out in the next couple weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

ND at 9-2 vs IUP at 8-2... on paper that Ashland win by ND could pay big dividends come selection Sunday. 2 loss team are going to get in, not all of them, but at least the ones with the stronger SOS. ND set itself up for error with that win against Ashland.

For sure. I am never in favor of not having an opportunity to put a win, or, I suppose, a loss on you total at the end of the year. Play a game. I don't care what your conference schedule looks like really. Play somebody. It certainly takes having a dance partner, but there are a lot of colleges out there at many levels. Surely somebody was willing to suit up and play a football game that weekend.

I've never been of the belief that you should be rewarded for playing less games. If Team A goes 9-2, I don't view them lesser than Team B that went 9-1 and didn't play an 11th game and has one fewer loss. The fact that Team A went out and played somebody holds more weight for me than whatever wonky SOS metric or calculation you can come up with. If it comes down to a 9-2 Shep or an 8-2 IUP, I hope IUP sits at home. Not a popular opinion, but it's the one I've always held. Play a football game. I wouldn't have cared if that extra win for Shepherd's came against the school for the blind. Fact is, they went out and played. IUP didn't. Play Point Park for all I care - and they don't have a football team. Should never be rewarded for ducking out of a potential loss on the basis of "we have a tough enough conference crossover schedule and therefore don't need to play this game." Again, it takes two. Maybe they tried. If they didn't that's BS in my opinion.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X