Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I haven't been to an FBS in years and even then the last one was a MAC game. I used to sit in the student section at Penn State games back when the public could get away with using student tickets. Never had a problem that I can recall other than some drunk & loud students.

I don't think I've ever had a good experience at an NFL game. I have two vivid memories from when I was much younger: going to a Steelers game at Three Rivers and on the walk up to our seat seeing a guy passed out covered in his puke, then in college going to a Steelers game in Buffalo and drunk guys trying to pick a fight while we're at the urinals. NFL games are a weird mix of generally respectable season ticket holders and people who get drunk at every event they attend. Pre-season games aren't popular with the Steelers season ticket crowd so you get more of the drunk crowd.

Unfortunately I don't think anything about that fight is reflective of Pittsburgh or Steelers fans because there's a video like that every weekend from an NFL game. I think its reflective of who goes to games and how they approach their experience. One gripe I have about Heinz Field is the lack of crowd control at any event. Walking to my seat I see dozens of uniformed police officers but you never see them anywhere near the crowd they need to control. Always working the door for VIP areas: corporate boxes and locker rooms.
    Preseason games are nuts. As you said the regulars don't attend and those who do tend to go crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Preseason games are nuts. As you said the regulars don't attend and those who do tend to go crazy.
      What's weird is that I think you get the same cross-section of folks at Pens and Pirates games yet very rarely an incident like this. Probably because less drinking. I just don't get spending $90 for the cheap seats then being piss drunk the whole time.

Comment

What's weird is that I think you get the same cross-section of folks at Pens and Pirates games yet very rarely an incident like this. Probably because less drinking. I just don't get spending $90 for the cheap seats then being piss drunk the whole time.
        Looks like an audition for The Jerry Springer Show to me.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

The guy looked like a hero to me. He took the punches that were initially thrown at the female. She, in turn, protected him from additional punches that could have killed him since he was already knocked out. They probably went home for a romantic evening.
            I don't theenk so.

Comment

• Over here, the Yinzer games are a crap show -- inside and outside. The 1 p.m. games aren't 'as' bad. The 4 p.m. and especially night games are a trainwreck.

The Penguins largely draw what they refer to as a 'corporate crowd' and it is a whole different world compared to the Steeler experience. People may tailgate a little at some of the bars nearby but for the most part they come straight from work. So, you aren't getting Johnny Sharpsburg tailgating for 7 hours before the puck drops. The Penguins offer an actual 'family' environment and I have no issue taking kids to games there.

The Buccos generally draw more of a chill crowd. The crowd goes with no expectation of winning (and doesn't really care). It's more of the 'something to do' experience. Although I will say the night I attended the 'Cueto game' was the rowdiest sporting event I've ever attended in person. But, that was a once-in-a-lifetime type of thing.

Pitt football ... there are certain days those yellow seats you see on TV get fired up. The yellow seats out-number the humans (contrary to those totally fabricated numbers Pitt puts out). But, aside from having a big opponent in town (WVU or PSU) ... there isn't much of a pulse inside Heinz for Pitt games.

There was a time Pitt basketball was by far the toughest ticket in town ... but the crowds, while insanely loud, were well behaved. No booze sold in The Pete (in the common seats, anyway).

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

There was a time Pitt basketball was by far the toughest ticket in town ... but the crowds, while insanely loud, were well behaved. No booze sold in The Pete (in the common seats, anyway).
                Once heard someone describe Pitt crowds as "obligatory" the same way people only go to church with family on Christmas & Easter. They're not there because they want to nor are they very enthusiastic about it. They're there to say they were there.

Comment

Once heard someone describe Pitt crowds as "obligatory" the same way people only go to church with family on Christmas & Easter. They're not there because they want to nor are they very enthusiastic about it. They're there to say they were there.
                  I had Pitt football and basketball season tickets for about 5 years each. I let them both lapse.

The football games are just boring (maybe one exciting one per year). I loved Pitt basketball games in the Ben and Jamie era's but the killer is when you're a legit Top 10 (or so) program ... they played some wild timeslots on national TV ... 9:15 p.m. tip on a Tuesday night in February ... stuff like that. That got old. D1 isn't like the PSAC when you know the two days they play every week. Their schedules are crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I don't theenk so.
                    It could get interesting, since the police are investigating. Issues such as proportionate amount of force, self-defense, imminent threat, and battery or assault, may surface. I guess we will never know what the couple did behind closed doors.

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryBradshaw12 View Post
                      How's the camp battles going?
                      Camp is camp. QB can not be judged until u see him. 11 on 11 plain and simple. I will say this after watching the entire practice sat and they went live HW reminds me of a smaller version of Kenny Pickett. Very smooth can move and looks confident. Weapons are probably the best since the group that had Dew Wilson McCoy Ocasio.. and rumor has it another 4 star iweapon is hitting town this week. This staff is definitely All In.

Comment

I haven't been to an FBS in years and even then the last one was a MAC game. I used to sit in the student section at Penn State games back when the public could get away with using student tickets. Never had a problem that I can recall other than some drunk & loud students.

I don't think I've ever had a good experience at an NFL game. I have two vivid memories from when I was much younger: going to a Steelers game at Three Rivers and on the walk up to our seat seeing a guy passed out covered in his puke, then in college going to a Steelers game in Buffalo and drunk guys trying to pick a fight while we're at the urinals. NFL games are a weird mix of generally respectable season ticket holders and people who get drunk at every event they attend. Pre-season games aren't popular with the Steelers season ticket crowd so you get more of the drunk crowd.

Unfortunately I don't think anything about that fight is reflective of Pittsburgh or Steelers fans because there's a video like that every weekend from an NFL game. I think its reflective of who goes to games and how they approach their experience. One gripe I have about Heinz Field is the lack of crowd control at any event. Walking to my seat I see dozens of uniformed police officers but you never see them anywhere near the crowd they need to control. Always working the door for VIP areas: corporate boxes and locker rooms.
                        Gave up four Steelers season tix years ago.
                        The drunks and other miscreants make taking children to a game impossible. Security overall is awful.
                        Pens situation is 180 degrees the opposite.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Camp is camp. QB can not be judged until u see him. 11 on 11 plain and simple. I will say this after watching the entire practice sat and they went live HW reminds me of a smaller version of Kenny Pickett. Very smooth can move and looks confident. Weapons are probably the best since the group that had Dew Wilson McCoy Ocasio.. and rumor has it another 4 star iweapon is hitting town this week. This staff is definitely All In.

Comment

• Hmmmm.....sounds like the kid from Pitt maybe on his way to Indiana Pa....

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Hmmmm.....sounds like the kid from Pitt maybe on his way to Indiana Pa....
                              not Pitt, originally Florida then Murray St now IUP

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

It could get interesting, since the police are investigating. Issues such as proportionate amount of force, self-defense, imminent threat, and battery or assault, may surface. I guess we will never know what the couple did behind closed doors.
                                I wonder why...because he is black and she is a Karen.

If Cletus from Heilwood hit her, I doubt there would be a police investigation.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X