Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Speaking of the OL, it does not appear to be as experienced as what might have been expected. I thought we would have Roman and Dauberman and then Davis and Robinson and probably Pietropola. Pretty good experienced line. However, take away Roman and it is considerably less experienced.

Dauberman is an AA candidate. Davis and Robinson started 7 and 8 games, respectively. Pietropola started 1 game due to an injury. I would think the remaining starting spot would be either Shugarts or Djouha. There are no other Offensive Linemen with any significant game experience. Any insider insight into how things shape up at the start of camp?
    I am with you, I have my concerns. Hopefully Coach Campolo has done a good job bringing the OLs along while not being able to play in quite sometime, especially Thornton and Djouha. It is going to be tough for IUP to beat quality opponents without the ability to run the ball. Shugarts is a Center, so I could see him battling with Pietropola for the starting Center spot.
    Last edited by ShoNuff; 08-15-2021, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Speaking of the OL, it does not appear to be as experienced as what might have been expected. I thought we would have Roman and Dauberman and then Davis and Robinson and probably Pietropola. Pretty good experienced line. However, take away Roman and it is considerably less experienced.

Dauberman is an AA candidate. Davis and Robinson started 7 and 8 games, respectively. Pietropola started 1 game due to an injury. I would think the remaining starting spot would be either Shugarts or Djouha. There are no other Offensive Linemen with any significant game experience. Any insider insight into how things shape up at the start of camp?
      Word from Spring and little birdy they have a big OL talent on roster covid freshman from Washington HS. .keep your eyes on that Man.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Word from Spring and little birdy they have a big OL talent on roster covid freshman from Washington HS. .keep your eyes on that Man.
        I forgot all about that MAN ! Looking at his highlight reel, he's pretty "nasty", especially from playing the Center position. I wonder where on the line they plan to play him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I am with you, I have my concerns. Hopefully Coach Campolo has done a good job bringing the OLs along while not being able to play in quite sometime, especially Thornton and Djouha. It is going to be tough for IUP to beat quality opponents without the ability to run the ball. Shugarts is a Center, so I could see him battling with Pietropola for the starting Center spot.

Those new OL are going to learn pretty quickly once the pads come on ... they are going to have some real big dudes across from them in practice.

Vaughn Wallace (6'5", 265 lbs)
          Raunya Mitchell (6'5", 310 lbs)
          Gregory Moore II ( 6'1", 315 lbs)
          Dajour Fisher (6'1", 320 lbs)

With that amount of beef up front the LBs should be able to run wild.

Side note: I see they are listing OL Djouha at 6'8" and 290 lbs. He must have put on some serious weight because last I saw him he wasn't anywhere near 290.

I guess regardless of whomever wins the starting Center spot that the other (Pietropola or Shugarts) will play somewhere else. They are both pretty talented.

Comment

• IUP went 100% indoor masks required as of 8 a.m. today (regardless of vaccination). Outdoor not required.

I suspect we will see some sort of guidelines for Miller Stadium. Outdoors or not, being cramped in to the bleachers on the home side can't be a good thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              IUP went 100% indoor masks required as of 8 a.m. today (regardless of vaccination). Outdoor not required.

I suspect we will see some sort of guidelines for Miller Stadium. Outdoors or not, being cramped in to the bleachers on the home side can't be a good thing.

Comment

• Indiana County has a 40% vaccination rate. It was a factor in IUP's decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Indiana County has a 40% vaccination rate. It was a factor in IUP's decision.
                  I'd be curious what Indiana / White Twp. has tested.

'Indiana County' gets pretty Dukes of Hazzard once you're beyond the IHS school district.

But, I think once PSU went this route all the other state schools would follow. It will suck watching basketball games in a mask (hopefully they allow fans).

Comment

I'd be curious what Indiana / White Twp. has tested.

'Indiana County' gets pretty Dukes of Hazzard once you're beyond the IHS school district.

But, I think once PSU went this route all the other state schools would follow. It will suck watching basketball games in a mask (hopefully they allow fans).
                    Who the heck knows where we'll be by basketball season. A decent portion of the population is rejecting masks and I imagine an even larger number will reject a vaccine booster. I for one totally underestimated the armchair epidemiologist population.

Comment

Who the heck knows where we'll be by basketball season. A decent portion of the population is rejecting masks and I imagine an even larger number will reject a vaccine booster. I for one totally underestimated the armchair epidemiologist population.
                      Seems like it but it really isn't ... first games are in early Nov.

I just find it shocking there is next to no information available in regard to how the PSAC is handling football -- testing requirements, fans, etc. It's Aug. 18. It's almost showtime. I suppose they are trying to wait as long as possible.

Comment

Most of the PSAC announced before IUP that masks were mandatory indoors. Columbia County had the highest percemtage rise in positive cases at the state level yesterday. At Bloom incoming students must show proof of vaccination or be required to test weekly. There is also a vaccination clinic on campus.

Comment

Seems like it but it really isn't ... first games are in early Nov.

I just find it shocking there is next to no information available in regard to how the PSAC is handling football -- testing requirements, fans, etc. It's Aug. 18. It's almost showtime. I suppose they are trying to wait as long as possible.
                          The PSAC release last week basically said individual campuses can determine attendance rules. I can ask about testing but I bet it's similar to last year's (3x a week during active season).

CDC guidelines for outdoor events is still just stay distanced and wear a mask if not vaccinated.

Comment

I find that hard to reconcile in my brain. Here in El Paso we hit 84% today. That is the official "vaccination rate" for folks 12 and over who have had at least one shot. It's 71.3% fully vaccinated. Still, the infection rate is raging, primarily among the unvaccinated. That "herd immunity" thing is now looking like about 95%.

Comment

I find that hard to reconcile in my brain. Here in El Paso we hit 84% today. That is the official "vaccination rate" for folks 12 and over who have had at least one shot. It's 71.3% fully vaccinated. Still, the infection rate is raging, primarily among the unvaccinated. That "herd immunity" thing is now looking like about 95%.

From the outside, I can understand thinking it's hard to believe. But, Indiana is like Manhattan compared to the rest of Indiana County. "Ain't nobody telling me what to do" mentality is raging out in the hills.

Conversely, the folk from the hills will all blame IUP in a month when cases spike out of control.

Comment

• I really hope we don't use two QB's.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X