Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Their schedule lays out kind of awkward.

Phase 1 IUP gets two massive games to start (Kutztown and Shepherd). Luckily both are at Miller.

Phase 2 sees a trip to Mercyhurst, a Gannon visit and then a trip to Clarion. IUP will be favored in all three, but all three typically put up a fight.

Phase 3 is the yearly back-to-back with (at) Slippery Rock and the Vulcans coming to town.

Phase 4 is an Edinboro visit followed by the de-facto home game in Greensburg.

The finale, for now, is a trip to West Chester.

Any coach around will tell you the single biggest improvement all season is from Game 1 to Game 2. IUP cannot replicate in practice what Kutztown will experience against Assumption. The only advantages are they can really scout KU pretty well (in person as well as extensively on film). Assumption isn't a pushover and should force Kutztown to show some things. IUP can also keep things close to the vest until kickoff on Sept. 11.

The back-to-back sets are brutal. I'd guess Vegas types would probably project a split in Phase 1 and Phase 3. That would send them in to Week 10 at 7-2.
    I wish there were actual lines for D2 games. People like us would win. I remember in 2019 when WF won the national championship, I won big with them in both the semis and championship. They were a 17.5 point underdog to Ferris State who was playing with a backup QB. I think WF was +475 on the money line. I picked them to win outright. It's like the people who make those lines in the D2 playoffs when they post them don't even watch or follow the sport (they probably don't actually). They just go based on seeding. The Rivers had SRU as +14.5 against Mankato LOL.

I'm not a sports better, but I think most of us could win some cash on D2 lines if they were posted weekly.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I wish there were actual lines for D2 games. People like us would win. I remember in 2019 when WF won the national championship, I won big with them in both the semis and championship. They were a 17.5 point underdog to Ferris State who was playing with a backup QB. I think WF was +475 on the money line. I picked them to win outright. It's like the people who make those lines in the D2 playoffs when they post them don't even watch or follow the sport (they probably don't actually). They just go based on seeding. The Rivers had SRU as +14.5 against Mankato LOL.

I'm not a sports better, but I think most of us could win some cash on D2 lines if they were posted weekly.
      With online I bet there's somewhere that has them or would give you a line. Maybe ask on the general board.

Comment

• Put down your weapons. The roster has been posted.
        http://www.indianagazette.com
        www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
          Put down your weapons. The roster has been posted.
          Considering the potential for big roster shake-ups, IUP looks pretty stable. I thought there was the possibility of Ken Roman coming back (maybe that was last year) but I don't see his name. Also, Javonte Haynes started as a freshman DB and he appears to be gone. Some other names are missing but no real impact players. Oh, also DB Geisinger but we still have some depth in the secondary.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Considering the potential for big roster shake-ups, IUP looks pretty stable. I thought there was the possibility of Ken Roman coming back (maybe that was last year) but I don't see his name. Also, Javonte Haynes started as a freshman DB and he appears to be gone. Some other names are missing but no real impact players. Oh, also DB Geisinger but we still have some depth in the secondary.
            Roman is a grad transfer at West Florida. Haynes and Geisinger did not come back in spring '21.
            DL Logan Danielson (Thomas Jefferson HS), who was a huge get in recruiting, is ineligible. But Tort says he could be back in spring '22.
            http://www.indianagazette.com
            www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Roman is a grad transfer at West Florida. Haynes and Geisinger did not come back in spring '21.
              DL Logan Danielson (Thomas Jefferson HS), who was a huge get in recruiting, is ineligible. But Tort says he could be back in spring '22.
              ABSOLUTELY no excuse to be ineligible coming off a COVID year. None.

Move on.

Comment

Roman is a grad transfer at West Florida.
                Roman transferring to West Florida is kinda painful.

Comment

Yeah ... WTF

But ... Panama City is a little more appealing than Indiana, Pa.

Comment

Yeah ... WTF

Pensacola but same sentiment lol

Comment

I knew it was someone in the secondary that was missing. Hayes was a pretty good young talent. And Geisinger was a contributor. We shall see how this unfolds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Pensacola but same sentiment lol
                        SMH...you ain't right Fightingscot82.... :)

Comment

• I didn't see as many transfer "one-year-mercenaries" as posts led me to expect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post
                            I didn't see as many transfer "one-year-mercenaries" as posts led me to expect.
                            Out of the 12 transfers that Coach Tort announced ( https://iupathletics.com/news/2021/8...ing-staff.aspx), 4 are either RS-Sr or Grad students. The rest have at least 2 years of eligibility remaining.

Comment

Yeah ... WTF

Is it? Flori-duh is a total ****hole that is overrun with the Rona, has a Meathead for Gubner and their local congressman is under investigation for sex trafficking a minor.

...not to mention the daily antics of Flori-duh Man.

Bugs Bunny had the right idea...

Comment

Roman resides in Florida. Sleeper RB the Woody kid from Edinboro.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X