Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Roman is a grad transfer at West Florida. Haynes and Geisinger did not come back in spring '21.
    DL Logan Danielson (Thomas Jefferson HS), who was a huge get in recruiting, is ineligible. But Tort says he could be back in spring '22.
    Not quite sure how the kid played for TJ or got his diploma? Did he pass through the Clearing house? Yikes!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Roman resides in Florida.
      I wish him luck. It's just that I would rather see him anchoring IUP's OL than West Florida's.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Roman resides in Florida. Sleeper RB the Woody kid from Edinboro.
        I'm surprised Woody landed at IUP but he's a good pickup. He's short but can make some moves. I'm curious about what he can do with IUP's line. My only question is that I was told he left over playing time and he's walking into a crowded RB crew at IUP. But he also has time - I believe with the extension he'll have 3 years of eligibility.

Comment

• No worries with Grubbs back at Punter ... but ... am I missing something or are we looking at a true freshmen camp battle for the starting kicker job?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            No worries with Grubbs back at Punter ... but ... am I missing something or are we looking at a true freshmen camp battle for the starting kicker job?
            Looks that way. 3 of 4 kickers are true freshmen. The kid from Mechanicsburg is the only one I could find much info on. 3 years experience as the starting kicker. Accuracy numbers were alright but he did hit a 51 yarder.

Comment

No worries with Grubbs back at Punter ... but ... am I missing something or are we looking at a true freshmen camp battle for the starting kicker job?
              Tyler Luther was here in the spring and did pretty well. It's his job to lose, I suppose. BTW, he is the son of former Lock Haven coach Mark Luther.

The roster can be a bit confusing because of the extra year the NCAA is giving everyone. The guys who signed in February 2020 came to IUP in the fall of 2020 and played in spring ball 2021, but are technically true freshmen because there was no 2020 season to redshirt.
              http://www.indianagazette.com
              www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Tyler Luther was here in the spring and did pretty well. It's his job to lose, I suppose. BTW, he is the son of former Lock Haven coach Mark Luther.

The roster can be a bit confusing because of the extra year the NCAA is giving everyone. The guys who signed in February 2020 came to IUP in the fall of 2020 and played in spring ball 2021, but are technically true freshmen because there was no 2020 season to redshirt.

One interesting name I spotted with next to no fanfare was Indiana High's Malik Turner. He could be a nice land. He's a fantastic athlete ... strong, fast. His senior year at IHS he was kind of a one-man-show from what I recall. That wasn't a real good IHS team.

I see IUP is listing him as a LB. I can see him being an immediate special teams ace.

Comment

If I recall. Tort was pretty high on one of those kickers. I just can't remember which one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I'm surprised Woody landed at IUP but he's a good pickup. He's short but can make some moves. I'm curious about what he can do with IUP's line. My only question is that I was told he left over playing time and he's walking into a crowded RB crew at IUP. But he also has time - I believe with the extension he'll have 3 years of eligibility.
                    At first I was puzzled about Woody going to IUP. However, he did attend school with Darrius Lloyd, so that might have something to do with it. I just hope Woody can stay healthy. So this definitely mean that someone will be moving to the Slot along with Qashah Carter.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

At first I was puzzled about Woody going to IUP. However, he did attend school with Darrius Lloyd, so that might have something to do with it. I just hope Woody can stay healthy. So this definitely mean that someone will be moving to the Slot along with Qashah Carter.
                      More the better. How many past months of August have we talked about how deep the RB room is ... and then in October are scrambling due to injuries.

It's just unfortunately a position that gets pounded. Not sure you can ever have enough good RBs.

I'd agree move one to the slot but you can always move him back if needed.

Comment

More the better. How many past months of August have we talked about how deep the RB room is ... and then in October are scrambling due to injuries.

It's just unfortunately a position that gets pounded. Not sure you can ever have enough good RBs.

I'd agree move one to the slot but you can always move him back if needed.
                        Oh yeah....the injuries to the RBs....how soon I forgot. VERY good point. But still, IUP has 3 previous All PSAC West RBs, plus Houser and previous FCS signee Dayjure Stewart. It is a good luxury to have with the recent luck with injuries at that position.

Comment

Oh yeah....the injuries to the RBs....how soon I forgot. VERY good point. But still, IUP has 3 previous All PSAC West RBs, plus Houser and previous FCS signee Dayjure Stewart. It is a good luxury to have with the recent luck with injuries at that position.
                          No doubt a stacked spot. Keeping them all happy will be a treat in itself.

End of the day only 11 dudes on the field at a time. Being versatile could help some of them see more snaps.

Comment

• May be another DT otw.

Comment

May be another DT otw.
                              Man...I think IUP needs another OL. I believe they are good at DT. But hey, the more they can rotate to wear down an opposing OL, the merrier. Unless one of the previous DLs is not returning....

Comment

Man...I think IUP needs another OL. I believe they are good at DT. But hey, the more they can rotate to wear down an opposing OL, the merrier. Unless one of the previous DLs is not returning....
                                Speaking of the OL, it does not appear to be as experienced as what might have been expected. I thought we would have Roman and Dauberman and then Davis and Robinson and probably Pietropola. Pretty good experienced line. However, take away Roman and it is considerably less experienced.

Dauberman is an AA candidate. Davis and Robinson started 7 and 8 games, respectively. Pietropola started 1 game due to an injury. I would think the remaining starting spot would be either Shugarts or Djouha. There are no other Offensive Linemen with any significant game experience. Any insider insight into how things shape up at the start of camp?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X