Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All SE PA is higher transmission than Indiana right now - and that's per Capita. The greater population doesn't matter much. Will it get worse here in Fall ? Maybe, but since the death and severe rates of disease have plummeted even among the unvaccinated, and many many people have already been infected without knowing or reporting it, it might not matter much. We'll see. I'm pretty sure the most vulnerable people here have been vaccinated. Hopefully the vax won't wear off too much by November.

Comment

• Nap's is going to miss your visit this year.

Perhaps we pull some strings and get you a private seat at Miller?

Comment

• I read in a Trib Article that the reason for the booster is because the vaccine wanes in its ability to halt transmission of the virus. It still has the ability to protect the vaccinated from severe illness or death. I think the statement that "very, very high increase in antibodies with this third dose" is overstated but I don't doubt that it will increase antibodies beyond what's swimming around in us now. I'll get mine when my turn comes around sometime in November. People who forgo the shot and boohoo when the get seriously sick are like those people who build luxury houses near or in disaster prone zones and then boohoo when the disaster finally hits. What did the expect? Obviously not IUP grads.
        U.S. health officials Wednesday announced plans to offer covid-19 booster vaccines to all Americans. Health officials suggested a third dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine be given to people eight months after the second dose to help increase protection. Boosters could be available by the week of Sept. 20.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Nap's is going to miss your visit this year.

Perhaps we pull some strings and get you a private seat at Miller?

Comment

• Sideline pass is the way to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Coach Anthony Leonard has left the staff. He has taken a job in Florida.

Gigantic loss for IUP. Obviously, it was a matter of time until he left. He has a very bright future in the business. The timing is horrendous ... but, that's the coaching world.

He's an incredible recruiter and landed some of IUP's current top players.
              You know IUPbigINDIANS , while posting on here about the DL, I said to myself, "I bet Coach Leonard leaves after the season". But I see he left earlier. I wonder what school in Florida he'll be coaching. But good luck to him. But according to the roster release article ( https://iupathletics.com/news/2021/8...ing-staff.aspx ) he was going to coach the LBs. So I wonder who will take over that position?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

You know IUPbigINDIANS , while posting on here about the DL, I said to myself, "I bet Coach Leonard leaves after the season". But I see he left earlier. I wonder what school in Florida he'll be coaching. But good luck to him. But according to the roster release article ( https://iupathletics.com/news/2021/8...ing-staff.aspx ) he was going to coach the LBs. So I wonder who will take over that position?
                Yeah I was hoping for one more year. He has a very bright future. Joe had an assistant a couple years back (former Pitt star Trey Woodall). He's on the fast track now in D1. I could just tell from the stands he was going to catapult up the ranks. Same with Leonard.

Leonard had a very decorated career at WVU. He was also a direct link to McKeesport for IUP. Big loss.

But, that's coaching. Don't get too attached. Here today and gone tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                  I read in a Trib Article that the reason for the booster is because the vaccine wanes in its ability to halt transmission of the virus. It still has the ability to protect the vaccinated from severe illness or death. I think the statement that "very, very high increase in antibodies with this third dose" is overstated but I don't doubt that it will increase antibodies beyond what's swimming around in us now. I'll get mine when my turn comes around sometime in November. People who forgo the shot and boohoo when the get seriously sick are like those people who build luxury houses near or in disaster prone zones and then boohoo when the disaster finally hits. What did the expect? Obviously not IUP grads.

Comment

• Oh, it helps. My ENT has me doing the same. It helps keep the sinuses clear of infection.

Comment

• If you neeed a booster this soon then it's a flu shot not a vaccine!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

If you neeed a booster this soon then it's a flu shot not a vaccine!
                        That would be a flu vaccination. Now an inoculation is different.

Comment

• Matt's got a nice new article focused mostly on IUP defense: https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...5a2541da4.html

Also some insight on the QB competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                            Matt's got a nice new article focused mostly on IUP defense: https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...5a2541da4.html

Also some insight on the QB competition.
                            Very informative article. However Anthony Leonard accepted a position at D1 Hofstra? That's not in Florida and I can't find anything online about Hofstra reinstating their football program. Is that accurate?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Very informative article. However Anthony Leonard accepted a position at D1 Hofstra? That's not in Florida and I can't find anything online about Hofstra reinstating their football program. Is that accurate?
                              I saw that too. My guess is that its not a football job or Matt had a brain fart on the school name.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

The only thing I can think of is that "Florida" sounds like "Fordham", a D1 school in New York also like "Hofstra". If this is the case, he will be there with former IUP CB coach Jameson Zacharias, now the D-Coord at Fordham. But if he's not at Fordham...then where?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X