Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

not Pitt, originally Florida then Murray St now IUP
    I assume we are talking about DaQuon Green (6'1", 195 lbs) ... former 4-star WR who started at Florida and later played at Murray State. While at MSU he had a 60-yd TD reception at Georgia.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Camp is camp. QB can not be judged until u see him. 11 on 11 plain and simple. I will say this after watching the entire practice sat and they went live HW reminds me of a smaller version of Kenny Pickett. Very smooth can move and looks confident. Weapons are probably the best since the group that had Dew Wilson McCoy Ocasio.. and rumor has it another 4 star iweapon is hitting town this week. This staff is definitely All In.
      I agree you can only take so much out of camp evaluations for QBs. It's a lot easier to play, mentally, when you don't have to worry about getting clocked.

But, Harry isn't like Ramart, who in reality never really played in college despite being a transfer. HW has started numerous collegiate games, played well against Arkansas, etc. So, he's battle-tested.

How did Davis look during the practice you watched?

Comment

• Daquon Green is now roster official.

Comment

• I agree that Woodbery is an ideal transfer QB, even if he has just one year left. However, some of IUP's better QBs over the years such as Failla and Eyerman were not really battle tested either (I believe Eyerman was a true freshman).

Green looks like another great pickup - but you have to wonder if that WR corps is getting crowded and if so who gets crowded out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            Green looks like another great pickup - but you have to wonder if that WR corps is getting crowded and if so who gets crowded out.
            Green helps because beyond the three starters -- Brown, Charles and Carter -- there isn't a single WR on the roster who has caught a pass in a college game. So I doubt this pushes anyone out of the room.
            http://www.indianagazette.com
            www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Green helps because beyond the three starters -- Brown, Charles and Carter -- there isn't a single WR on the roster who has caught a pass in a college game. So I doubt this pushes anyone out of the room.
              Sounds kind of amazing. I don't know him but this guy started at Florida... is he potentially better than what we already have?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I wonder why...because he is black and she is a Karen.

If Cletus from Heilwood hit her, I doubt there would be a police investigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Sounds kind of amazing. I don't know him but this guy started at Florida... is he potentially better than what we already have?

I'd say so long as his head is on straight (and, he's actually happy to be here) ... this is a home run signing.

Over the years all of these high-profile transfers haven't been Max Redfield. Some have been flops. This guy obviously has major talent. If he buys in to the team, etc., ... it's a huge get.

Harry Football has a lot of mouths to feed.

But, on paper, you now have (4) blazing WRs -- three of them big targets. Mix in a deep RB core and a stud TE ... they are not going to be easy to game-plan against.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Did he start in Florida? I see that he played in 6 games over two seasons, 1 catch for 3 yards. Now he clearly started at Murray State in 2019, 28 receptions for 417 yards and 1 TD.

My question is where was he in 2020 (played in 2021)?

Comment

Did he start in Florida? I see that he played in 6 games over two seasons, 1 catch for 3 yards. Now he clearly started at Murray State in 2019, 28 receptions for 417 yards and 1 TD.

My question is where was he in 2020 (played in 2021)?
                        I guess he didn't. Erroneous information doesn't have a long life on here, does it?

All these transfers make the start of the season real interesting, though.

Comment

I agree that Woodbery is an ideal transfer QB, even if he has just one year left. However, some of IUP's better QBs over the years such as Failla and Eyerman were not really battle tested either (I believe Eyerman was a true freshman).

Eyerman was a true freshman. Granted, he wasn't supposed to play that season. Recall, he was basically the last man standing after IUP lost two QBs in the game at Youngstown State. Frank recruited him out of North Allegheny.

Failla was pretty unique. He was on the team at Notre Dame for three years (backed up eventual top NFL draft pick Rick Mirer) but then quit football after getting drafted in the third round of the MLB Draft. He hung around the bus leagues for 3-4 years and then came back to IUP to use his last year of collegiate eligibility. He'd been away from football for a long time. Looking back he must have been 25 or so when he was at IUP.

I was a student during Failla's time here. Back then everybody just read 'Notre Dame' and thought he was going to put up insane numbers. He had a solid year. If memory serves I think they went 10-1 in the regular season and lost in the playoffs. That may have actually been that crazy Shepherd game (the one 10,000 people allegedly attended but really there was about 80 of us there lol).

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

While most major cities has it "pockets", I have to agree it is rough at night in Baltimore.

The Ravens fan base...SMH....if you are not a Ravens fan, I would NEVER suggest you attend their games....and I will leave it at that.
                            I really dislike going to NFL games. My parents neighbor has Steelers season tickets and she gives me one game a year to pick to attend. I go to that. She gives me the tickets and doesn't ask for a cent. But I would never spend money going to the drunk filled fight fest that is an NFL game.

I went on a bus trip from Columbus with a Steelers bar to a Steelers/Bengals game in Cincy a few years ago. No need to EVER go to a road NFL stadium ever again. Walking out of the stadium with my friend - hands in my pockets - and I almost got into a fight. Just awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Eyerman was a true freshman. Granted, he wasn't supposed to play that season. Recall, he was basically the last man standing after IUP lost two QBs in the game at Youngstown State. Frank recruited him out of North Allegheny.

Failla was pretty unique. He was on the team at Notre Dame for three years (backed up eventual top NFL draft pick Rick Mirer) but then quit football after getting drafted in the third round of the MLB Draft. He hung around the bus leagues for 3-4 years and then came back to IUP to use his last year of collegiate eligibility. He'd been away from football for a long time. Looking back he must have been 25 or so when he was at IUP.

I was a student during Failla's time here. Back then everybody just read 'Notre Dame' and thought he was going to put up insane numbers. He had a solid year. If memory serves I think they went 10-1 in the regular season and lost in the playoffs. That may have actually been that crazy Shepherd game (the one 10,000 people allegedly attended but really there was about 80 of us there lol).
                              I remember them both pretty well since like those two I'm also a graduate of The U back before it was The U. Failla was the starting QB on the 1990 NA team that went 14-0 as AAAA state champs. Eyerman was a year ahead of me in school. I believe Failla ended up at IUP because they had another NA kid at the time. Failla was a great athlete. He was drafted by KC in the 7th round out of high school but chose college.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The dreaded 5 degree weather against Shep when IUP had numerous chances to win and couldn't catch the ball, couldn't kick, nothing!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X