Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.businessinsider.com/flor...re-full-2021-8
    Last edited by IUPNation; 08-26-2021, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Last edited by IUPNation; 08-27-2021, 06:30 AM.

Comment

• LMAO

Comment

• Don't go buying tickets to Texas just yet. Woodbery looks good but he's still new to IUP. Green has one TD in 3 college seasons. One. Yeah it was against GA but he also didn't have a single TD against any of the FCS teams Murray State played in 2019 - and he didn't play in 2020/21. I don't know if Duane Brown is P5 stock. Hard to tell. He didn't get any FBS offers because he played RB as a junior then WR as a senior but he put up numbers. He originally committed to RMU but they're not much better than IUP. Still a stud one way or the other. I think Tort has his work cut out for him with all the new players, inexperienced players, and not having a real game to refine things before Kutztown on September 11.

You have to wonder what happens if Woodbery goes down. I assume QB2 is the kid from Steubenville, who played a little 3 years ago as a true freshman. Everyone after that has never played a down of college football and/or is a true freshman.

Fun to note that in 2019, Woodbery & Eastern Illinois played against Green & Murray State. Woodbery went 30-49 for 230 and 1 TD. Green had 4 receptions for 71 yards.

Comment

• My prediction: You guys are not only going to go 14-0 and average 67 points a game, the school is going to bring in Hall & Oates to perform as the house band at games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Don't go buying tickets to Texas just yet. Woodbery looks good but he's still new to IUP. Green has one TD in 3 college seasons. One. Yeah it was against GA but he also didn't have a single TD against any of the FCS teams Murray State played in 2019 - and he didn't play in 2020/21. I don't know if Duane Brown is P5 stock. Hard to tell. He didn't get any FBS offers because he played RB as a junior then WR as a senior but he put up numbers. He originally committed to RMU but they're not much better than IUP. Still a stud one way or the other. I think Tort has his work cut out for him with all the new players, inexperienced players, and not having a real game to refine things before Kutztown on September 11.

You have to wonder what happens if Woodbery goes down. I assume QB2 is the kid from Steubenville, who played a little 3 years ago as a true freshman. Everyone after that has never played a down of college football and/or is a true freshman.

Fun to note that in 2019, Woodbery & Eastern Illinois played against Green & Murray State. Woodbery went 30-49 for 230 and 1 TD. Green had 4 receptions for 71 yards.

Many of the issues you are mentioning -- while valid -- are the same issues every team is going through. These aren't challenges facing just Tort. SRU has something like 60% of its roster has never put on the SRU helmet before to even stand on the sideline in a game. Granted, the other 40% is pretty good.

I've said all summer it was a horrendous decision not to play a Week 1 game. Don't care about the why or how or what happened. Only fact is it didn't happen. Kutztown is playing and while they will take some bumps and bruises, they will also knock the rust off and get rid of the normal Week 1 jitters, etc. There are some positives Tort can take advantage of.

BTW, Woodberry isn't named the starter yet. Seems like a given, but they are technically still in a camp battle. I think that battle is long over but it is smart for Tort to keep that a secret. Davis is a player and a tremendous athlete. He may not start but he will play and give them some excellent different looks. So, unlike most years, he does have a serviceable backup in the event it is needed. Beyond those two is a major problem -- but, you can say from QB3 down at most programs that's a major problem.

They have talent galore this year. I think their DL is just going to crush people. They have legit big hosses down there ... four studs. They are going to overwhelm some OLs.

My thing with Tort teams is they have to start faster. No idea what the issue has been during his tenure. They've been a second half team. In big games, in particular, they need to start much better.

Comment

Don't go buying tickets to Texas just yet. Woodbery looks good but he's still new to IUP. Green has one TD in 3 college seasons. One. Yeah it was against GA but he also didn't have a single TD against any of the FCS teams Murray State played in 2019 - and he didn't play in 2020/21. I don't know if Duane Brown is P5 stock. Hard to tell. He didn't get any FBS offers because he played RB as a junior then WR as a senior but he put up numbers. He originally committed to RMU but they're not much better than IUP. Still a stud one way or the other. I think Tort has his work cut out for him with all the new players, inexperienced players, and not having a real game to refine things before Kutztown on September 11.

Remember, though, that Brown missed most of his senior season due to injury. As a senior he was playing just about every position on the field for Apollo-Ridge. He came to IUP as a RB. He played RB as a freshman, sat out the following season due to academics then made the switch to WR in 2019. While it sucked at the time, I think that year he sat out really changed the course of his life/career. Do I think he could play at Alabama next year? No. But, he could certainly play at Pitt next year. Let's hope he stays in Indiana.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                    My prediction: You guys are not only going to go 14-0 and average 67 points a game, the school is going to bring in Hall & Oates to perform as the house band at games.
                    That's not a terrible idea since most of the IUP football influencers are still living in the 80s.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Remember, though, that Brown missed most of his senior season due to injury. As a senior he was playing just about every position on the field for Apollo-Ridge. He came to IUP as a RB. He played RB as a freshman, sat out the following season due to academics then made the switch to WR in 2019. While it sucked at the time, I think that year he sat out really changed the course of his life/career. Do I think he could play at Alabama next year? No. But, he could certainly play at Pitt next year. Let's hope he stays in Indiana.
                      I don't know if it was most. He played 7 games as a senior. I think he's a tremendous athlete - he won his region POY two years in a row each at a different position. You're right, he could be a good candidate to grad transfer.

Comment

That's not a terrible idea since most of the IUP football influencers are still living in the 80s.

Goodness I'd go back to the 80s/90s in a heartbeat rather than live in today's world lol. Imagine no internet and no cell phones. How did we ever survive. We'd have to wait until the new magazines came out to see what a Kardashian wore to breakfast.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                          My prediction: You guys are not only going to go 14-0 and average 67 points a game, the school is going to bring in Hall & Oates to perform as the house band at games.
                          I remember seeing Hall and Oates in Memorial Fieldhouse around 79/80. Yeah, they were pretty good. I say bring 'em back.

Comment

• Comment

• On the football hand, how do you guys like the defense? Want to hear your thoughts.

Comment

• You went to IUP? How did you get in? This is embarrassing.

Last edited by IUPNation; 08-27-2021, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X