Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by champgymusa View Post

why not?
    Is the offer for GVSU to come to Indiana?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Grand Valley is now open this weekend and looking for a game.

I know one team that is off this weekend.
      I bet IUP doesn't want a tough opponent. I thought I read IUP already said no to Tiffin.. Might be false rumor though.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

My guess is that unless its a "cupcake" coming to Indiana, IUP is not taking a risk against a solid-strong OOC game when their 1st two games are against Top 25 opponents. I am guessing IUP believes their current strength of schedule should get them into the playoffs if they lose 1 games....MAYBE lose 2 games. But that is my guess.
        Sorry, I posted before I read this. I don't really get this since I don't think this would count for the early rounds of the PO's. Even then, I'm not a fan of ducking a good opponent. I won't hold it against IUP, but it would have been fun. Now, as for Eboro? Pfft!

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Sorry, I posted before I read this. I don't really get this since I don't think this would count for the early rounds of the PO's. Even then, I'm not a fan of ducking a good opponent. I won't hold it against IUP, but it would have been fun. Now, as for Eboro? Pfft!
          Some of us would like to see IUP play an OOC game...no matter who is the opponent. I have to add that it was reported in this thread that IUP discuss games with three OOC opponents, only to be turn down, but agreed to play elsewhere.

Comment

why not?
            No team would on a game 5 days prior with no time to prep and starting a week later due to their actual first game date.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

This is likely going to touch many, many teams this Fall.

There will be lots and lots of games cancelled due to this very reason.

Sucks ... but it's going to be a weekly theme in 2021.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

No team would on a game 5 days prior with no time to prep and starting a week later due to their actual first game date.
                Correct. IUP is technically still in camp as it started a full week behind all those playing this week.

Comment

why not?
                  They started camp a week later then most teams due to No game in week 1. Does that answer your question .

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Comment

• Four years ago tonight Dillon Sarka hit one of the more memorable field goals in IUP history ... a walk-off, 46-yard shot to defeat Ashland, 26-23.

Comment

Four years ago tonight Dillon Sarka hit one of the more memorable field goals in IUP history ... a walk-off, 46-yard shot to defeat Ashland, 26-23.
                        Man, a Week One game and against Ashland, who was no slouch that year. And on a Thursday night with a wild atmosphere if I recall correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Man, a Week One game and against Ashland, who was no slouch that year. And on a Thursday night with a wild atmosphere if I recall correctly.

Oddest thing about that game was it was actually cold in the second half -- very strange for August.

They announced a crowd of like 3,000 or so but that was when IUP really struggled to count. Most there pegged it around 4,700 or so (at least in the first half). As Thursday night party time got closer the crowd thinned out some.

The game had a really wild ending. It looked like Ashland was going to steal it at the end after driving down the field. They set up for a relatively routine field goal but it was blocked by IUP's John McDonald-Horner. Lenny then led a quick drive up to at least have a shot at that long kick. Sarka nailed the thing ... probably would have been good from 53 or 54. Of course, that game catapulted IUP to an undefeated regular season.

Comment

Oddest thing about that game was it was actually cold in the second half -- very strange for August.

They announced a crowd of like 3,000 or so but that was when IUP really struggled to count. Most there pegged it around 4,700 or so (at least in the first half). As Thursday night party time got closer the crowd thinned out some.

The game had a really wild ending. It looked like Ashland was going to steal it at the end after driving down the field. They set up for a relatively routine field goal but it was blocked by IUP's John McDonald-Horner. Lenny then led a quick drive up to at least have a shot at that long kick. Sarka nailed the thing ... probably would have been good from 53 or 54. Of course, that game catapulted IUP to an undefeated regular season.
                            I remember a long run by Bullock, who had a great game, on that last drive. He and JMH had problems the following spring and season. That rates up there with the best games I've seen live.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

I remember a long run by Bullock, who had a great game, on that last drive. He and JMH had problems the following spring and season. That rates up there with the best games I've seen live.
                              I'd agree ... it would be in my Top 5 at Miller. That game had a lot of build-up with two very strong programs. It lived up to the hype. The play-back a year later out in Ashland was also a thriller. Unfortunately I think that opener was the high water mark of the 2018 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

They started camp a week later then most teams due to No game in week 1. Does that answer your question .
                                Yep...fair enough...too bad would have been fun to play at your place...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X