Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

That's not a terrible idea since most of the IUP football influencers are still living in the 80s.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP FLA 12 View Post
      On the football hand, how do you guys like the defense? Want to hear your thoughts.
      Several new faces but they are guys who have played a lot of college football.

DL: Their first four guys are monsters. They will wreck havoc. Big, strong and experienced. The next couple (ones many haven't heard of yet) are also pretty good. Remember the name Tyrone Fowler Jr. This position went from a major concern back in early Spring to perhaps the strongest.

LB: Malachi Newell (Youngstown State) and Connor Kelly (Edinboro) should provide immediate impacts. Drew DiNunzio-Biss (a 2019 redshirt) is a hammer. Darrius Lloyd is a player. We'll see how the depth is at LB -- that concerns me a little.

DB: Nazir Streater is an All-American. Bryce Gibson (Youngstown State) is a stud. They have several other DBs back who have played in the past but a couple will move in to much larger roles. Interested to get a look at Akshay Thaper (Upper Iowa). Harrison Dreher is a tremendous athlete in the secondary. Devin Carney (Thaddeus Stevens) is a guy who will probably play both ways at times this season (WR/DB).

I guess we won't know until the lights come on, but it should certainly be an above-average group. They aren't going to have to pitch shutouts to win games. The offense is going to score plenty.

On paper, Tort plugged some holes really nicely.

Comment

• Big Indians, from looking at the roster do not forget about safety number 8 Jaheim Howard. Watched his film this morning from Erie Prep it was very impressive. Howard flies around the field and covers great from his HS film. Should be interesting to see what the defense of coaching staff does with Howard.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by IUP FLA 12 View Post
            Big Indians, from looking at the roster do not forget about safety number 8 Jaheim Howard. Watched his film this morning from Erie Prep it was very impressive. Howard flies around the field and covers great from his HS film. Should be interesting to see what the defense of coaching staff does with Howard.
            There's him and also that freshman DB they got from the Pittsbugh City League. Both very decorated.

That said ... never real big on playing true freshmen. Very few are ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

DL: Their first four guys are monsters. They will wreck havoc. Big, strong and experienced. The next couple (ones many haven't heard of yet) are also pretty good. Remember the name Tyrone Fowler Jr. This position went from a major concern back in early Spring to perhaps the strongest.

LB: Malachi Newell (Youngstown State) and Connor Kelly (Edinboro) should provide immediate impacts. Drew DiNunzio-Biss (a 2019 redshirt) is a hammer. Darrius Lloyd is a player. We'll see how the depth is at LB -- that concerns me a little.

DB: Nazir Streater is an All-American. Bryce Gibson (Youngstown State) is a stud. They have several other DBs back who have played in the past but a couple will move in to much larger roles. Interested to get a look at Akshay Thaper (Upper Iowa). Harrison Dreher is a tremendous athlete in the secondary. Devin Carney (Thaddeus Stevens) is a guy who will probably play both ways at times this season (WR/DB).

I guess we won't know until the lights come on, but it should certainly be an above-average group. They aren't going to have to pitch shutouts to win games. The offense is going to score plenty.

I am not sure that there is a depth problem at LB. They only have 2 on the field at any one time. They have 2 solid-looking transfers and 2 solid-looking guys from the program and there have to be some younger guys emerge as backups.

Comment

• Interesting local high school game tonight.

Ligonier Valley (once kings of the Heritage Conference but now a WPIAL Class 2A member) visits (4A) Indiana High.

Comment

Better get into the Lab my man. Couple guys u named are like 6th string.. just sayin.

Comment

Interesting local high school game tonight.

Ligonier Valley (once kings of the Heritage Conference but now a WPIAL Class 2A member) visits (4A) Indiana High.
                    Interesting indeed lol

Comment

Interesting local high school game tonight.

Ligonier Valley needs to move up. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Better get into the Lab my man. Couple guys u named are like 6th string.. just sayin.
                        What?

Comment

Devin Carney (Thaddeus Stevens) is a guy who will probably play both ways at times this season (WR/DB).
                          A Thaddeus Stevens transfer playing both ways in the PSAC. I want to see some film when that's accomplished.

Comment

• Comment

• Scrimmages are bogus. D knows all the plays and calls.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

A Thaddeus Stevens transfer playing both ways in the PSAC. I want to see some film when that's accomplished.
                                Don't you have another 5-5 season to worry about?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X