Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

West Chester went 31-17 and first place in the PSAC East with 2.12 full scholarships.
    Is their whole athletic program walk ons? Asking for a friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      IUP junior women's swimmer Paige Mikesell won the national championship yesterday in the 200-meter freestyle at the 2021 NCAA D2 Swimming and Diving Championships held in Birmingham, Alabama.

Talk about an upset ... she entered seeded 30th out of 35 scheduled swimmers.
      Well done!!!!

Congratulations to Paige!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

March Madness is not just relegated to hoops you know.

Any talk of the IUP football team getting new uniforms this year? They have been wearing these other things since 2015 and the advent of Lenny Williams. I think they definitely need a change up here.
        Yes...like wearing the ones from the 80's and 90's.

Make IUP Foosball Great Again!

Comment

• Another tough day on the diamond.

Cal 18
          IUP 3

Comment

Another tough day on the diamond.

Cal 18
            IUP 3
            Some days are diamonds....and some days ain't.

Comment

• Well the report from the front lines ... as of 10:47 p.m. there are no reported casualties yet. That's a plus for IUPATTIES. The night is still young, however.

Downtown Indiana is essentially a militarized zone right now. Horseback po-po are everywhere. The choppers have been flying most of the day.

Culpeppers and most of the uptown bars had lines to get in at 1:30 p.m. Assuming most of that crowd is long passed out by now.

As of now it's been a pretty calm event so long as you avoided certain streets near campus.

Comment

Well the report from the front lines ... as of 10:47 p.m. there are no reported casualties yet. That's a plus for IUPATTIES. The night is still young, however.

Downtown Indiana is essentially a militarized zone right now. Horseback po-po are everywhere. The choppers have been flying most of the day.

Culpeppers and most of the uptown bars had lines to get in at 1:30 p.m. Assuming most of that crowd is long passed out by now.

As of now it's been a pretty calm event so long as you avoided certain streets near campus.

Comment

• What's funny, or ironic, is the September Appalachian Festival they do close Philly St. The past two years (pre-Covid) they had The Clarks (IUP royalty) headline.

Philly gets closed from say 9th to 5th. Thousands of people. Older crowd. But, nonetheless.

Perhaps, as you suggest, Indiana quits fighting IUPatties but instead cashes in on it. Why not.

I say 'Indiana' and not 'IUP', of course, because it's not an IUP event. Ask Driscoll. He'll tell you 200 times.

It's like the owner of the circus saying the animals aren't his.

Comment

What's funny, or ironic, is the September Appalachian Festival they do close Philly St. The past two years (pre-Covid) they had The Clarks (IUP royalty) headline.

Philly gets closed from say 9th to 5th. Thousands of people. Older crowd. But, nonetheless.

Perhaps, as you suggest, Indiana quits fighting IUPatties but instead cashes in on it. Why not.

I say 'Indiana' and not 'IUP', of course, because it's not an IUP event. Ask Driscoll. He'll tell you 200 times.

Appropriating a raucous student festival is a good move. Similar to Clarion's Homecoming also being Autumn Leaf Festival run by the local chamber.

Choppers are to help spot big parties (or machete brawls) without having more cars driving around on a weekend with extra "distracted" pedestrians. State College does this for Arts Fest.

Comment

What's funny, or ironic, is the September Appalachian Festival they do close Philly St. The past two years (pre-Covid) they had The Clarks (IUP royalty) headline.

Comment

• The CO-OP store at least tried to cash in on the event. They had a whole assortment of green IUP clothing for sale this week.

Whether IUP and the locals like it or not, it's good for the economy. All the hotels were packed. The bars and restaurants boomed.

I'm sure the borough police generated a lot of income in fines. Lol. The tow-truck companies were towing all day. Big day for that business.

The bars made a fortune yesterday. Most had lines all day.

Crime-wise it doesn't appear anything major happened.

Now, the Covid crowd would have had a stroke walking around Indiana yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Appropriating a raucous student festival is a good move. Similar to Clarion's Homecoming also being Autumn Leaf Festival run by the local chamber.

Choppers are to help spot big parties (or machete brawls) without having more cars driving around on a weekend with extra "distracted" pedestrians. State College does this for Arts Fest.
                          Absolutely....the best way to control the event is to take ownership of it and make it work for the town.

What else happens in Indiana in March? Not much. So make it an event and make some money.

The Regency Block Party was the most anticipated even of Spring Semester back in the day...students like to look forward to things too...this could be a nice event coming off spring break.

Comment

The CO-OP store at least tried to cash in on the event. They had a whole assortment of green IUP clothing for sale this week.

Whether IUP and the locals like it or not, it's good for the economy. All the hotels were packed. The bars and restaurants boomed.

I'm sure the borough police generated a lot of income in fines. Lol. The tow-truck companies were towing all day. Big day for that business.

The bars made a fortune yesterday. Most had lines all day.

Crime-wise it doesn't appear anything major happened.

Now, the Covid crowd would have had a stroke walking around Indiana yesterday.
                            You'd think the alcohol they all were consuming would have killed any virus spores in their mouths....

I still won't eat inside a restaurant. Not until I have my vaccines....

Comment

• I was digging around on the IUP American football twitter looking for the new uniforms, which I didn't find, and saw some pics of the new IUP American football weight and training center. Very impressive and long over due. It looks like it might have been built in one of the Auxiliary gyms in the field house. I thought it was along the lines of what JMU has set up, very nice indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                                I was digging around on the IUP American football twitter looking for the new uniforms, which I didn't find, and saw some pics of the new IUP American football weight and training center. Very impressive and long over due. It looks like it might have been built in one of the Auxiliary gyms in the field house. I thought it was along the lines of what JMU has set up, very nice indeed.
                                Look at the pics on the right side of the IUP players reading to the kids. They are wearing the new jerseys. You can see them pretty decent.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X