Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spaghetti Benders caught fire last night. A few people in the apartments above had to be rescued. Luckily it sounds like the damage was minimal.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Look at the pics on the right side of the IUP players reading to the kids. They are wearing the new jerseys. You can see them pretty decent.
      I see them now. Eh. They are okay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
        I talked to Tort last night.
        • Ken Roman is supposed to be back in the fall. He has one semester of eligibility left.
        • Nate Clair is on the roster.
        • Jacob Watts left after the 2019 season to transfer to a school that had the major he wanted. Not sure what it was or where he went.
        • Joe Hauser left the team after the 2019 season but is still in school.
        • Same for Jackson Heasley.
        • Tort told me there are some players who have to pay some of their way and they are unable to, so they are not in school.
        • Players not on the roster for academic, financial, health, or personal reasons (Tort didn't specify which for each of these): Leonard Robinson, David Filippello, Javonte Haynes, Ryan Langdon, Bryon Williams, Cam Turner, Donte Terry, Jordan Washington and Darrell Holloway.
        • Obi Anyatonwu sat out the 2019 season with an injury and transferred to West Chester in January 2020.
        • Gunnar Royar transferred after the 2019 season to Baylor and was the Bears' long snapper last fall.
        • Branden Myers and Tyler Balega have graduated (or will in May) and chosen not to come back.
        • LB Denver Light, the transfer from Penn State, is in school but will not be playing football.
        • Joey Tortorella has been moved from LB to FB and Bryce McCleester has moved from RB to LB.
        Thank you VERY much for the update!

Comment

• Two practices in the books. I was expecting a daily update on the QB battle.

As I've stated, I know many think it's a no-brainer but I'm not ruling Davis out. He's a really special athlete -- quick, strong and has a nice arm. He's a bigger version of Lenny. Ramart has a cannon of an arm and has the nice 6'3" height. He appears to have nice footwork, too.

I typically despise the two-QB system, but these two are so different it could actually work -- at least, sometimes. Tort's biggest goal may be to keep whomever the second string turns out to be from leaving town.

The appeal to Davis is he has three years' eligibility -- and, due to a redshirt year and Covid year -- he's older and more mature. Ramart has two years.

I suppose the old coach speak is the coach doesn't pick the starter -- the players' performance does.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Two practices in the books. I was expecting a daily update on the QB battle.

As I've stated, I know many think it's a no-brainer but I'm not ruling Davis out. He's a really special athlete -- quick, strong and has a nice arm. He's a bigger version of Lenny. Ramart has a cannon of an arm and has the nice 6'3" height. He appears to have nice footwork, too.

I typically despise the two-QB system, but these two are so different it could actually work -- at least, sometimes. Tort's biggest goal may be to keep whomever the second string turns out to be from leaving town.

The appeal to Davis is he has three years' eligibility -- and, due to a redshirt year and Covid year -- he's older and more mature. Ramart has two years.

I suppose the old coach speak is the coach doesn't pick the starter -- the players' performance does.
            Same here traditionally, but IUP24 won me over on it. It is a core part of his philosophy regarding the game of football.

Comment

• IUP opens 2021 at home against Kutztown and Shepherd.

Saddle up. Brutal.

Comment

IUP opens 2021 at home against Kutztown and Shepherd.

Saddle up. Brutal.
                Those games in late October would be amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Those games in late October would be amazing.
                  That's a tough spot for Tort. They get swept ... season is basically over. They could be 0-2 before they even play Cal/SRU.

Go 2-0, and you're rolling.

Comment

IUP opens 2021 at home against Kutztown and Shepherd.

Saddle up. Brutal.
                    With everyone off last season...this coming season is a big ? For everyone. I imagine everyone has seen significant roster changes.

Comment

• Assistant head coach Luke Barker has left IUP to take an assistant position at Charleston (D2 in WV, not FCS in SC). He coached running backs and tight ends at IUP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                        Assistant head coach Luke Barker has left IUP to take an assistant position at Charleston (D2 in WV, not FCS in SC). He coached running backs and tight ends at IUP.
                        At first I was going to ask "WHY??" But I read his tweet from his account stating that Charleston is his alma mater. So it makes sense. I wish him well.

Comment

• That's two openings.

Comment

That's a tough spot for Tort. They get swept ... season is basically over. They could be 0-2 before they even play Cal/SRU.
                            This is probably ancient history, but it's worth noting that the 2009 California and 2000 Bloomsburg teams each started out 0-2, made the playoffs and still won the region. Bloom played in the title game that year.

I'd like to see IUP get an 11th game, but considering who they already have scheduled, and potentially the state game, I'd only do it if they can get a creampuff to come to Indiana for a tune-up.
                            http://www.indianagazette.com
                            www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

This is probably ancient history, but it's worth noting that the 2009 California and 2000 Bloomsburg teams each started out 0-2, made the playoffs and still won the region. Bloom played in the title game that year.

I'd like to see IUP get an 11th game, but considering who they already have scheduled, and potentially the state game, I'd only do it if they can get a creampuff to come to Indiana for a tune-up.
                              If it was Lock Haven and Millersville ... find an 11th game so that SOS can't bite you later.

As is, creampuff at Miller or play 10 games.

That said, Kutztown is a brutal opener -- especially without a tune-up.

Comment

If it was Lock Haven and Millersville ... find an 11th game so that SOS can't bite you later.

As is, creampuff at Miller or play 10 games.

That said, Kutztown is a brutal opener -- especially without a tune-up.
                                Remember, those teams are in the same boat. They haven't played either!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X