Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Irvin Charles in the photo. Not sure. Maybe he was sick. He's here and in camp. Well, he was, anyway. I haven't heard anything different.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

No Irvin Charles in the photo. Not sure. Maybe he was sick. He's here and in camp. Well, he was, anyway. I haven't heard anything different.

Comment

• He's still listed on the active roster. IUP is typically incredibly quick with removing those no longer here.

Anybody attend the scrimmage?

Comment

Saw IUP's new uniforms in the photo day shoot pics. Did a double-take. Thought it was Ohio State.

Comment

• There was a helmet with a feather. I've seen that one before. That could work now!

Comment

He's still listed on the active roster. IUP is typically incredibly quick with removing those no longer here.

Anybody attend the scrimmage?

Comment

• Grand Valley is now open this weekend and looking for a game.

I know one team that is off this weekend.

Comment

Grand Valley is now open this weekend and looking for a game.

Not a chance!

Comment

Grand Valley is now open this weekend and looking for a game.

Do we know if the entire IUP team is vaccinated?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Do we know if the entire IUP team is vaccinated?
                      A contact at IUP estimated 60-70% based on discussion after players moved in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

A contact at IUP estimated 60-70% based on discussion after players moved in.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Not a chance!
                          why not?

Comment

• Sure but a whole lot of our schools and teams are the two groups most hesitant: Black Americans and rural conservatives. If anything, folks will just dig in or quit. Try to make themselves the latest political martyr celebrity or just quit working/playing/attending because they were forced to do something they never would have chosen on their own.

It made sense to me to get vaccinated. I have family members in health care who were able to lead the way. I also have immunocompromised family members and kids to protect. It made sense to me. But I didn't grow up hearing stories of my ancestors having medical experiments conducted on them. I also don't have a circle where most people mistrust government or trust a new talk host over a news reporter. My religious beliefs tell me to love others at any cost, not worry about my individual liberties.

One of my college friends lives in rural PA. Summer 2020 he was all F Wolf, F Wolf, F Wolf online about shutdowns and evil Democrats. Then his dad died from Covid. You bet your ass he got a vaccine right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Sure but a whole lot of our schools and teams are the two groups most hesitant: Black Americans and rural conservatives. If anything, folks will just dig in or quit. Try to make themselves the latest political martyr celebrity or just quit working/playing/attending because they were forced to do something they never would have chosen on their own.

It made sense to me to get vaccinated. I have family members in health care who were able to lead the way. I also have immunocompromised family members and kids to protect. It made sense to me. But I didn't grow up hearing stories of my ancestors having medical experiments conducted on them. I also don't have a circle where most people mistrust government or trust a new talk host over a news reporter. My religious beliefs tell me to love others at any cost, not worry about my individual liberties.

One of my college friends lives in rural PA. Summer 2020 he was all F Wolf, F Wolf, F Wolf online about shutdowns and evil Democrats. Then his dad died from Covid. You bet your ass he got a vaccine right away.
                              That's great to have empathy and try to understand underlying reasons for the "hesitancy." However, with the current situation, my opinion is none of it is legit. I don't care where you are in America I think there has been enough medical and scientific information, enough outreach to groups, that everybody should have the sense to get vaccinated. The problem is after all this you still have these anti-vaxxers spouting off, hurting everybody. Go down and take a sampling of opinions at Liberty University, for instance.

Comment

• Originally posted by champgymusa View Post

why not?
                                My guess is that unless its a "cupcake" coming to Indiana, IUP is not taking a risk against a solid-strong OOC game when their 1st two games are against Top 25 opponents. I am guessing IUP believes their current strength of schedule should get them into the playoffs if they lose 1 games....MAYBE lose 2 games. But that is my guess.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X