Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    As of now looks like we may have a wet one on Saturday.

Comment

• I think they have an artificial surface up there now. Too bad ... Dr. Evil can't try and get the grass to 8" or 9" by kickoff. That actually happened once ... as the story goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
        Penn State were ranked #1 ... But they dropped in both polls after close road wins over Indiana, then Illinois.
        Coached by ...

http://www.indianagazette.com
        www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Coached by ...
          THE ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Coached by ...
            TLT!!!

Comment

The '94 team is long beleived to have gotten screwed out of national title.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
                Supposedly getting screwed out of the national title has nothing to do with their complaints against the Big Ten.
                I talked to some people who earnestly believed there was a conspiracy between Big Ten officials and AP voters in Big Ten media markets to vote for Nebraska because the Big Ten thought it would be embarrassing to the blue bloods if the new kid on the block wins the national championship. I'm not making this up.

There's also this webpage.

http://www.indianagazette.com
                www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Taking a look at some SRU statistics ...

It isn't easy as they've played four straight teams that they hammered -- and skewed the stats pretty good.

Looking at their two closest games (Wayne State and East Stroudsburg):

* Rock lost the time of possession in each game (by +10 mins vs ESU and +8 mins vs WSU)
                  - Obvious synopsis is they can't run their offense from the sideline. Despite two wins, these were their lowest scoring games (24 pts vs WSU and 22 pts vs ESU)
                  - When SRU scores, they score quick. This isn't their teams of yesterday pounding the ball down the field in a cloud of dust.

* Wayne State (with no threat of the pass) ran for 247 yards when the whole stadium knew they were running just about every play

* Litwin and Wynn are going for 180 ypg receiving and Sweeting is getting near 45 ypg

* Koester is throwing for 310 ypg (20 TDs vs 4 picks) Note: 3 of his 4 picks came in the first two games.

* SRU has allowed 8 sacks (half came in first two games ... so, he hasn't been hit much lately)

* Rushed poorly against Wayne State (89 yards) and Seton Hill (60 yards) but went big on East Stroudsburg (173) and Edinboro (263)

* Defensively, they are giving up about 10.5 ppg. By the season stats, the only good offense they've faced this year is Wayne State.

* IUP will be far and away the best OL, WR, and QB they will have faced. Rock secondary is going to have its hands full -- much the same way IUP's will.

* Both kicking games are solid. IUP does have a big advantage in the punting game. Returners on both sides are dangerous.

Comment

• I think 1994 was a big year in pushing for some sort of on-field determination of the national champion. Both teams were loaded with studs. That 1994 Nebraska coaching staff is pretty impressive, too. I thought Penn State should have been named national champion but that was probably my local bias. Its also a dumb way to determine a "champion". Champions shouldn't be chosen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I think 1994 was a big year in pushing for some sort of on-field determination of the national champion. Both teams were loaded with studs. That 1994 Nebraska coaching staff is pretty impressive, too. I thought Penn State should have been named national champion but that was probably my local bias. Its also a dumb way to determine a "champion". Champions shouldn't be chosen.
                      I don't like the 'well, they won some close games down the stretch' theory. Every team wins some close games. They still win.

But, that was the 'style points' era. Running up scores then was expected (and needed).

Comment

Chad Kuhn on the IUP game:

"I want to beat them handsomely, and I don't want them to score a single point."

"For some other teams playing us is like playing in the Super Bowl."

Comment

"I want to beat them handsomely, and I don't want them to score a single point."

LOL The first quote is great bulletin board fodder. The second one is a puff piece - as in puffing his own peter.

Comment

I don't like the 'well, they won some close games down the stretch' theory. Every team wins some close games. They still win.

But, that was the 'style points' era. Running up scores then was expected (and needed).
                            Well, I saw them both play numerous times and just thought Nebraska was better. As I said, just my opinion. It would have been nice if they could have played it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Well, I saw them both play numerous times and just thought Nebraska was better. As I said, just my opinion. It would have been nice if they could have played it off.
                              That was Tommie Frazier, Lawrence Phillips and Corey Schlesinger -- and a bone-crushing, massive OL.

Amazing what has become of the Nebraska program.

Comment

I mean, Slippery Rock may win, but they have been eating all of the cupcakes in the bakery. Calm down a little.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X