Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

That's one area where Ship is the gold-plated standard; they're still unbeaten and still No. 1. They've beaten No. 2, No. 3 and No. 5 in the last 12 days.

Then again, central PA has always been a field hockey hotbed. It's still just developing in the west.
    The Pee Sack is basically the center of D2 field hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      IUP just won the PSAC Golf title.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The Pee Sack is basically the center of D2 field hockey.
        There have been 31 NCAA D2 championships since 1981 for Women's Field Hockey ('84-'92 and 2020 there was not a championship). Of the 31 championships, a PSAC team has won 27 times.

Comment

Nazir Streater just retweeted the SRU Barstool post saying Litwin and Wynn would toast the IUP secondary.

#LITWIN-AF
          Earlier in the week Streater tweeted "I love the disrespect, only a matter of time". While I did not see any of the trash-talking tweets from SRU, I knew someone said something about the IUP secondary. I am happy they took it personally, and took care of business on the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Earlier in the week Streater tweeted "I love the disrespect, only a matter of time". While I did not see any of the trash-talking tweets from SRU, I knew someone said something about the IUP secondary. I am happy they took it personally, and took care of business on the field.
            LOL all those Tweets and school newspaper quotes lit a fire.

Too bad they didn't get that shutout they wanted. Just missed it by 48.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I mean, they weren't unrealistic predictions though. Until Saturday, IUP was giving up 300+ YPG through the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I mean, they weren't unrealistic predictions though. Until Saturday, IUP was giving up 300+ YPG through the air.

A combination of things happened up there.

A) The DL -- finally at 100% -- became what we were expecting all year. Once Andrew Koester started getting knocked around, he was getting real trigger-happy and very rattled. IUP's DL tore up the SRU OL in the first half. Koester was being chased around constantly.

B) The IUP freshmen DBs are growing up quickly. That will be a scary group in the years to come.

C) CBs Nazir Streater and Bryce Gibson are very good players. They are even better with the middle of the field DBs playing with more confidence (playing and not thinking so much as the weeks go by).

D) The SRU offense was over-hyped after beating up lesser teams all year. That's not even close to the Roland Rivers attack.

E) It was BY FAR the most engaged IUP team I have seen in Lord knows how long. That fire was lit before they went up there and all those F IUP chants and stupid tweets was just pouring gasoline on it. SRU was lucky it was just 24-7 at halftime. It could have been worse.

Comment

A) The DL -- finally at 100% -- became what we were expecting all year. Once Andrew Koester started getting knocked around, he was getting real trigger-happy and very rattled. IUP's DL tore up the SRU OL in the first half. Koester was being chased around constantly.

B) The IUP freshmen DBs are growing up quickly. That will be a scary group in the years to come.

C) CBs Nazir Streater and Bryce Gibson are very good players. They are even better with the middle of the field DBs playing with more confidence (playing and not thinking so much as the weeks go by).

D) The SRU offense was over-hyped after beating up lesser teams all year. That's not even close to the Roland Rivers attack.

E) It was BY FAR the most engaged IUP team I have seen in Lord knows how long. That fire was lit before they went up there and all those F IUP chants and stupid tweets was just pouring gasoline on it. SRU was lucky it was just 24-7 at halftime. It could have been worse.
                  I watched about a third of the game. I agree - Koester was pressured most plays and was frequently throwing with his weight on his back leg. He's got a decent arm but you can tell he's not used to his line collapsing. I noticed that IUP's DBs covered much better versus going for the INT. Funny how that makes such a big difference. They really diminished the impact of Rock's good receivers. Rock had virtually no answer for Duane Brown and Irv Charles. Also, Harry Football is as advertised. Dude can throw a ball.

For those who were there, what was the crowd like? You didn't get a good sense on the Rock broadcast.

Comment

It's one thing to type F*** SRU on an internet forum but for a whole student section to be chanting F^^^ IUP live at the game is a different thing. According to all accounts, that is what happened.

With all the national hoopla about freedom and freedom of speech, etc., should SRU administration step in and put an end to that because, as has been stated, it seems to go too far?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

It's one thing to type F*** SRU on an internet forum but for a whole student section to be chanting F^^^ IUP live at the game is a different thing. According to all accounts, that is what happened.

With all the national hoopla about freedom and freedom of speech, etc., should SRU administration step in and put an end to that because, as has been stated, it seems to go too far?

Trust me it wasn't according to accounts. It happened. Numerous times. F IUP. F Harry. Simply amazing they would let that go on and on. Imagine not getting security involved or at the very minimum having the PA Announcer ask them to stop. How many SRU families were there for Homecoming with their young kids and that is what you allow to happen? How embarrassing ...

The PSAC makes each team read that 'good sportsmanship' mumbo jumbo service announcement prior to each game. It says that stuff won't be tolerated. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I watched about a third of the game. I agree - Koester was pressured most plays and was frequently throwing with his weight on his back leg. He's got a decent arm but you can tell he's not used to his line collapsing. I noticed that IUP's DBs covered much better versus going for the INT. Funny how that makes such a big difference. They really diminished the impact of Rock's good receivers. Rock had virtually no answer for Duane Brown and Irv Charles. Also, Harry Football is as advertised. Dude can throw a ball.

For those who were there, what was the crowd like? You didn't get a good sense on the Rock broadcast.

Well, see above couple posts. I'll assume that was just the student section chanting all that garbage. But, they let it go on the entire first half several times.

The crowd was large but IUP took it out of the game very quickly. Five minutes in to the third the home side was thinning. It was maybe a third full in the final quarter. Maybe.

Comment

Trust me it wasn't according to accounts. It happened. Numerous times. F IUP. F Harry. Simply amazing they would let that go on and on. Imagine not getting security involved or at the very minimum having the PA Announcer ask them to stop. How many SRU families were there for Homecoming with their young kids and that is what you allow to happen? How embarrassing ...

The PSAC makes each team read that 'good sportsmanship' mumbo jumbo service announcement prior to each game. It says that stuff won't be tolerated. LOL.
                          At least they weren't throwing golf balls & condiment bottles.

Comment

Comment

If there was a Dixon Trophy for a victimized fan base, you guys would be on an 83-year winning streak.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

If there was a Dixon Trophy for a victimized fan base, you guys would be on an 83-year winning streak.
                                They embarrassed themselves. Not us.

I'd say stay in the Ship thread, but, ...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X