Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Correct. They may be sneaky good next year. While these 'kids' had their moments this year -- good and bad -- they won't be 'kids' next year and beyond. Some of IUP's rivals are going to take major losses this off-season due to graduation. So, while IUP was young this year, they won't be next year (or the next).
    Hopefully, Greg Moore is back because he might be the best defensive lineman they have.

Comment

Correct. They may be sneaky good next year. While these 'kids' had their moments this year -- good and bad -- they won't be 'kids' next year and beyond. Some of IUP's rivals are going to take major losses this off-season due to graduation. So, while IUP was young this year, they won't be next year (or the next).

Comment

• Believe me ... I'm not in the Tort camp buying these excuses about this was a 'year away' team. That's B.S. They were good enough this year.

Problem was we only saw snippets of it. That's on him.

Reality is, yes, they were young. But, so was just about everybody -- so, that only goes so far.

Being young had nothing to do with blowing that California game. Not to mention the debacle 7 days later.

He had a great OL (mostly), great WRs, solid RBs, stud TEs, pretty good QB, great kicking game. They had a playoff-caliber team. The 'how' and 'why' they got to this point entering Week 11 is the million dollar question.

Comment

Players won't be any better if there's zero turnover within the coaching staff.

Comment

Believe me ... I'm not in the Tort camp buying these excuses about this was a 'year away' team. That's B.S. They were good enough this year.

Reality is, yes, they were young. But, so was just about everybody -- so, that only goes so far.

Being young had nothing to do with blowing that California game. Not to mention the debacle 7 days later.

He had a great OL (mostly), great WRs, solid RBs, stud TEs, pretty good QB, great kicking game. They had a playoff-caliber team. The 'how' and 'why' they got to this point entering Week 11 is the million dollar question.
            Amen....repeat that AGAIN !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Players won't be any better if there's zero turnover within the coaching staff.
              If you are the owner of the IUP football team, what changes would you make?

Comment

• Slip, Shep, KTown have a heavy dose of SR, RS SR, and GRSr. IUP looks solid for next couple of years. CalU has 7 SR leaving - CalU is young. 2FR OL I think started many games- Losing 1 OL, 1 WR. CalU Defense returns 9 or 10 Starters for 2022. Other than That the West Looks weak. Shep- Losing 20+ SR might hurt Tyson B. but they will be Solid in the East. KTown complete D is Gone. But had some good solid Reserves. KTown Offense is Young- Returning all OL. Ship is returning a lot of players for 2022. The East looks a little stronger than the West Going into 22. The West Big 3 will get 3-4 Transfers each that will help each squad - Slip maybe a little more because of the large graduating class. The West will be a battle again between the Big 3, the East I see Ship being at the top going into 22 with so many returning starters, but the off season is where your players develop. Who develops the most, who has the drive to be better??

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Hopefully, Greg Moore is back because he might be the best defensive lineman they have.
                  Moore will be a starter next and even better as he was banged up early or would of beat out Mitchell this past camp. Kelly will most likely return and may bring another Kelly in as a transfer we shall see. QB and big time rush end to go with Fowler who has potential All American written all over him I would think he top priority.

Comment

Believe me ... I'm not in the Tort camp buying these excuses about this was a 'year away' team. That's B.S. They were good enough this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Moore will be a starter next and even better as he was banged up early or would of beat out Mitchell this past camp. Kelly will most likely return and may bring another Kelly in as a transfer we shall see. QB and big time rush end to go with Fowler who has potential All American written all over him I would think he top priority.
                      I thought big boy Mitchell was a talent that shouldn't be at this level? Seem to remember all this unstoppable chatter about the DL and him in particular. Now he's getting beat out or recruited over?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cal-Boro-Cal View Post
                        Slip, Shep, KTown have a heavy dose of SR, RS SR, and GRSr. IUP looks solid for next couple of years. CalU has 7 SR leaving - CalU is young. 2FR OL I think started many games- Losing 1 OL, 1 WR. CalU Defense returns 9 or 10 Starters for 2022. Other than That the West Looks weak. Shep- Losing 20+ SR might hurt Tyson B. but they will be Solid in the East. KTown complete D is Gone. But had some good solid Reserves. KTown Offense is Young- Returning all OL. Ship is returning a lot of players for 2022. The East looks a little stronger than the West Going into 22. The West Big 3 will get 3-4 Transfers each that will help each squad - Slip maybe a little more because of the large graduating class. The West will be a battle again between the Big 3, the East I see Ship being at the top going into 22 with so many returning starters, but the off season is where your players develop. Who develops the most, who has the drive to be better??
                        Slip usually brings in transfer linemen. I imagine they'll also try to find a solid backup QB for Grover. They have a half dozen freshmen QBs right now. Just noticed they moved the kid from Hermitage to Athlete. I could also see Cal bringing in a transfer QB they've got two freshmen behind Mitchell.

Edinboro is a team I think is poised to improve in 22. Very young this year - 5 freshmen, 3 sophomores starting plus a true freshman punter and a sophomore kicker. Clarion is very young as well. The second tier of the west is always a dog fight and I don't know if anyone is ready to step up and take the place of the big three.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I thought big boy Mitchell was a talent that shouldn't be at this level? Seem to remember all this unstoppable chatter about the DL and him in particular. Now he's getting beat out or recruited over?
                          Hard to be effective watching the games from your apartment while suspended. Just sayin'. Missing three games to suspension in one season likely means he's heading to the portal -- not on his own accord. Pending some Come-To-Jesus moment and re-dedication, I'd assume Saturday could be his swan song in Tortville.

I do agree with him about Gregory Moore. They added him late and he got dinged up early. He's been a monster the past couple games. He should be poised for a very big season next year.

Can't shed much sympathy on the Covid front. Word was 'maybe' 60% of the program was vaccinated. That was playing with fire.

Comment

• QB:s in the West - Cal Mitchell is Back - Solid - Backup young but Solid for the future., IUP Javon is a good player and can win games need depth, but prob go the transfer route. Slip Gover a really good player need depth, Seton,Gannon, Hurst, and Clarion will need help at that position, Boro looks to have a solid FR but needs depth.
                            East QB- Tyson B!! Stud but losing a lot around him plus no backup with any experience, Ship Mussina is a solid player- WCU solid with 2 FR playing this year. Bloom Young kid who played at D3 in 2019. KTown JR Blaine is a decent player for their young offense. ESU - Backup played a bunch this year and is a good player. LHU going to struggle at QB. IMO- I do not see a lot of pursuit of Transfer QB in the top programs in PSAC. Maybe IUP, but I see Javon winning that Job. He is a good solid player - Won State Championships - Hard worker, athletic and smart

Comment

• Originally posted by Cal-Boro-Cal View Post
                              QB:s in the West - Cal Mitchell is Back - Solid - Backup young but Solid for the future., IUP Javon is a good player and can win games need depth, but prob go the transfer route. Slip Gover a really good player need depth, Seton,Gannon, Hurst, and Clarion will need help at that position, Boro looks to have a solid FR but needs depth.
                              East QB- Tyson B!! Stud but losing a lot around him plus no backup with any experience, Ship Mussina is a solid player- WCU solid with 2 FR playing this year. Bloom Young kid who played at D3 in 2019. KTown JR Blaine is a decent player for their young offense. ESU - Backup played a bunch this year and is a good player. LHU going to struggle at QB. IMO- I do not see a lot of pursuit of Transfer QB in the top programs in PSAC. Maybe IUP, but I see Javon winning that Job. He is a good solid player - Won State Championships - Hard worker, athletic and smart
                              Davis should be the starter. I think the last two years, they went the transfer route, because eof Charles transfering in - imagine Maxwell and Charles on the same team ? , the gunslingers can make better advantage of him, Otherwise, it would have been better to start Javon back in 2019, when they could have kept two running qbs

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Davis should be the starter. I think the last two years, they went the transfer route, because eof Charles transfering in - imagine Maxwell and Charles on the same team ? , the gunslingers can make better advantage of him, Otherwise, it would have been better to start Javon back in 2019, when they could have kept two running qbs
                                Javon isn't Lenny in regard to his running. But, I also think in his two starts this year they were absolutely terrified of him getting hurt with Harry not available.

If they do decide to go with Javon, obviously they change some of the offense back to the more Lenny-style system. Those first two games this year they had the offense built around Harry -- and not to Javon's strengths.

It's a tough decision.

They sign another import ... and Javon could be on the first bus out of town. Keep that in mind, too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X