Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I don't know much about him. This was his second 'suspended' game this year, correct? How the F does that actually happen?
    I could not had said it any better....

Comment

• That was the only emotion they showed all day. Sad but true.

Comment

• Originally posted by DawgPound View Post
        Appreciate that statement in bold.

I always wondered why a Don Hanson 1st Team Regional All-American player was not kept on the LIU team when they moved up to FCS.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Appreciate that statement in bold.

I always wondered why a Don Hanson 1st Team Regional All-American player was not kept on the LIU team when they moved up to FCS.

It was apparent the relationship had run its course. Both ways. He's not a bad guy.

I'll say this ... if IUP was still in it ... I'd bet $1m he'd still be on the team.

Comment

It was apparent the relationship had run its course.
            Man IUPbigINDIANS ....what a season!!

Comment

It was apparent the relationship had run its course. Both ways. He's not a bad guy.

I'll say this ... if IUP was still in it ... I'd bet $1m he'd still be on the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                could be a rebuilding year next year

I tend to think Tort will go heavy on transfers this class. Everybody knows SRU and Cal have their QBs for next year and both will be strong teams. Not to mention it's essentially becoming the new norm in recruiting for teams with money. I can easily see them taking 7-9 transfers this winter.

IUP does have a lot coming back, too.

It is my belief, however, for them to stay in the mix with Cal and SRU in 2022 that they will need to bring in ready-to-go transfers at several positions. Notably, (2) CB, (1) WR, (1) OL, (1) DL, (1) QB. I would also grab a LB if you can find one you like.

I could see also adding an RB if the opportunity exists. Houser and Stewart will headline next year. But, you can never have enough.

And, as always, many PSAC teams will have kids decide to leave starting this Saturday night. So, sometimes you can find those quality transfers without having to look too far away.

Comment

• He wasn't good enough to get to the next level!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

He wasn't good enough to get to the next level!

Comment

• Who is doing special teams? I thought I saw somewhere that was also Nulph's responsibility even though it wasn't listed.

Comment

I tend to think Tort will go heavy on transfers this class. Everybody knows SRU and Cal have their QBs for next year and both will be strong teams. Not to mention it's essentially becoming the new norm in recruiting for teams with money. I can easily see them taking 7-9 transfers this winter.

IUP does have a lot coming back, too.

It is my belief, however, for them to stay in the mix with Cal and SRU in 2022 that they will need to bring in ready-to-go transfers at several positions. Notably, (2) CB, (1) WR, (1) OL, (1) DL, (1) QB. I would also grab a LB if you can find one you like.

I could see also adding an RB if the opportunity exists. Houser and Stewart will headline next year. But, you can never have enough.

And, as always, many PSAC teams will have kids decide to leave starting this Saturday night. So, sometimes you can find those quality transfers without having to look too far away.

Comment

• If I recall, the one left town after essentially taking the blame for the Shepherd playoff loss.

Comment

• I think it's interesting how teams are approaching the transfer frenzy now. IUP/Rock seem to have fully gone in on finding veteran qb's through the transfer portal almost exclusively. Does that change how they approach recruiting? Do they not even really go after solid HS qb's anymore with that thinking?

Shepherd seems to hit the transfer portal pretty hard for WR's in the last 4-6 years, and have been quite fortunate with the qb recruiting at the HS level (Ziemba and Bagent) but did have the 1 full year of VT transfer Connor Jessup. I've talked with a couple of the coaches and they've said the philosophy has only shifted in that they take less chances on fringe prospects at the HS level because they know they can get a few proven players with that little bit of scholarship money leftover in the portal.

I don't think teams should be banking on players in the portal saving their teams, they should be pieces that fit into what you think your team needs to enhance its chances. Just upgrades along the fringes.

Comment

• Link below to Matt's write-up on the SHU game. From the comments of the players it sounds like they have turned the page in a positive direction. Bad stuff happened but you have to move on from it.

It's mind-blowing to think how close we were from being atop the regional rankings and pondering again whether we can win a NCAA semifinal game. When this team is functioning well they are that good. Also hard to believe and probably unprecedented that IUP beat both teams playing in the State Game. I hope they can put up a good showing against WCU and come out with a win. A lot of lessons to be learnbed from this season.

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...491352a5a.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I think it's interesting how teams are approaching the transfer frenzy now. IUP/Rock seem to have fully gone in on finding veteran qb's through the transfer portal almost exclusively. Does that change how they approach recruiting? Do they not even really go after solid HS qb's anymore with that thinking?

Shepherd seems to hit the transfer portal pretty hard for WR's in the last 4-6 years, and have been quite fortunate with the qb recruiting at the HS level (Ziemba and Bagent) but did have the 1 full year of VT transfer Connor Jessup. I've talked with a couple of the coaches and they've said the philosophy has only shifted in that they take less chances on fringe prospects at the HS level because they know they can get a few proven players with that little bit of scholarship money leftover in the portal.

I don't think teams should be banking on players in the portal saving their teams, they should be pieces that fit into what you think your team needs to enhance its chances. Just upgrades along the fringes.

Stacking your roster has become quite a proposition. The portal is so full yearly now because, well, said recruits leave on a whim -- constantly. It's never been so easy to transfer out.

I think it would be fascinating to study the past 8 years worth of high school recruits for the entire PSAC -- and see how many actually finished at the school they started at. I think it would be a shockingly low number.

So, I agree with your point. You still have to take high school players. But, you better be dang sure of them. The 'fringe' recruit of the past is a big risk -- and likely taking up a spot you could use for a portal guy.

And, obviously, not all portal imports work out. Some are ego maniacs, etc.

I mentioned IUP probably taking 7-9 transfers this off-season. In the past, that would have sounded like a lot. It's just kind of the norm now.

IUP's hit the jackpot with its past two QB transfers. Bad part is both were just one-year guys.

But, the lore to the portal is obvious. Most high school recruits are nowhere near ready to play. Portal guys can not only play right away but many will start right away.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X