Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still think if they start Harry these last two games it's a clear sign they'll bring in another import for next year.

If you plan on Javon next year it makes no sense to start Harry.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      I still think if they start Harry these last two games it's a clear sign they'll bring in another import for next year.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't know how much that helps Javon going into next season. Harry made a decision to come to IUP - he could have gone elsewhere - why not start him?

Not to mention that IUP currently has 3 other QB's on the roster. I think Horn is probably a career back up but either of the two freshmen could be the QB of the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Maybe, maybe not. I don't know how much that helps Javon going into next season. Harry made a decision to come to IUP - he could have gone elsewhere - why not start him?

Not to mention that IUP currently has 3 other QB's on the roster. I think Horn is probably a career back up but either of the two freshmen could be the QB of the future.
        Javon can never duplicate game experience in practice. You could also say Harry had his shot and it's now basically time to prep for 2022.

Or, you can say IUP (and Tort) desperately need to win these last two -- head to '22 with some momentum and get some positivity flowing again. Heck, maybe play both. Javon could be a spark at this point with a different look.

I think they likely roll these last two. This team just can't play at home ... it's like some whacked out Dr. Phil level stuff. Tort said tonight he has no idea why they struggle inside Miller. That said, I wouldn't even bet your money on this week's game. At least in 2018 when they bailed the season was over. Hard to say what we'll see Saturday.

Regarding the two freshmen, the kid from Homer City has already switched positions. Horn, yes, is likely a career backup.

It's going to be a big decision on Javon. My bet is a transfer QB gets added either way.

Comment

Javon can never duplicate game experience in practice. You could also say Harry had his shot and it's now basically time to prep for 2022.

Or, you can say IUP (and Tort) desperately need to win these last two -- head to '22 with some momentum and get some positivity flowing again. Heck, maybe play both. Javon could be a spark at this point with a different look.

I think they likely roll these last two. This team just can't play at home ... it's like some whacked out Dr. Phil level stuff. Tort said tonight he has no idea why they struggle inside Miller. That said, I wouldn't even bet your money on this week's game. At least in 2018 when they bailed the season was over. Hard to say what we'll see Saturday.

Regarding the two freshmen, the kid from Homer City has already switched positions. Horn, yes, is likely a career backup.

It's going to be a big decision on Javon. My bet is a transfer QB gets added either way.
          What does the kid from Homer City play now?

Comment

By that logic, should Charles, Anderson, Evans, Dauberman, Carter, Newell, Streater and Gibson sit out the last two games, too?
            http://www.indianagazette.com
            www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

What does the kid from Homer City play now?
              Officially ... not sure. Tort said a couple shows back they were trying him out on both sides of the ball.

He mentioned possibly at TE or safety.

He's a really good athlete so as he develops I think they will find a home for him somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

By that logic, should Charles, Anderson, Evans, Dauberman, Carter, Newell, Streater and Gibson sit out the last two games, too?
                Just saying this year's over. Why not see what you have in a further look at Javon?

Comment

Just saying this year's over. Why not see what you have in a further look at Javon?
                  He's been in the program for 4 years so that's a pretty good look. Plus, who knows, he could graduate and not even be here next year.

Comment

• It is impossible to say too many good things about Bernie. He always had a smile for everyone. No conversation with Bernie ever could end without a football discussion.
                    He will be coaching somewhere. Maybe he and Chuck K. will get together and start a new league. That would be heavenly!

Comment

There's a former FIU QB on the market.

Comment

He's been in the program for 4 years so that's a pretty good look. Plus, who knows, he could graduate and not even be here next year.
                        I'd agree, he played in 2 big game this year as well. They know what they have. He's a solid player that isn't going to win games for you, but he won't lose them either.

He should politely tell the coaches if they bring in another highly touted transfer, he's transferring to one of the other 12 schools he would surely start at in this conference. Time's running out and he should be a player somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I'd agree, he played in 2 big game this year as well. They know what they have. He's a solid player that isn't going to win games for you, but he won't lose them either.

He should politely tell the coaches if they bring in another highly touted transfer, he's transferring to one of the other 12 schools he would surely start at in this conference. Time's running out and he should be a player somewhere.
                          Fours years in but he's only a sophomore eligibility-wise.

Maybe he does graduate and hang it up. Who knows.

One interesting item: Javon and Harry have the same record in 'big' games. Both are 1-1. Javon did beat Kutztown.

Comment

Fours years in but he's only a sophomore eligibility-wise.

Maybe he does graduate and hang it up. Who knows.

One interesting item: Javon and Harry have the same record in 'big' games. Both are 1-1. Javon did beat Kutztown.
                            So its pretty clear that bringing in a one year mercenary QB hasn't been that effective. Its really likely the teams record would be the same or even better with Javon at QB this year. The problem is that the Coaches tend to focus on the big stars that come in. With Irv out, they didn't know what to do in the red zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

So its pretty clear that bringing in a one year mercenary QB hasn't been that effective. Its really likely the teams record would be the same or even better with Javon at QB this year. The problem is that the Coaches tend to focus on the big stars that come in. With Irv out, they didn't know what to do in the red zone.

Last Saturday they had I think 5 Red Zone trips and 0 TDs. Their only TD came on a long pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

There's a former FIU QB on the market.
                                QB market gets flooded every off-season. I'd just prefer they find one who will be here more than one season.

But, if they do come across a one-year guy they can't refuse ... so be it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X