Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The same staff that didn't have them ready for Edinboro in a do-or-die game? Same staff that a week after a punt block ruined their season had the next two blocked, also?

I'm no longer buying it. Tort needs to make some major staff changes. If he doesn't and all this happens again next year he'll be the one unemployed.

Players get the benefit of the doubt. A new year will have new leaders emerge, etc.

But, without some major staff changes, I think this is the new norm. Win some big ones. Lose some big ones.

This should have been a very good team this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
      Obviously big ticket D1 transfers on defense has paid a better return on investment for IUP.
      Rich Ingold
      Aamir Dew
      Khi Downey
      Jason Capizzi
      Dan Matha
      Mike Jemison
      John Jones
      Lenny Williams
      Rocket Williams
      Quinton Maxwell
      Scott Woods

Those guys were OK.
      http://www.indianagazette.com
      www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I trust they'll find a quality QB -- be it a one-year or two-year guy. They seem to have a knack for identifying good QBs.

The most troubling area in my mind entering the off-season is the defense.

I know the whole DL returns next year but I sure wouldn't pass up the opportunity to add to it.

They'll need two CBs -- likely two transfers who will be Day 1 starters. Word is there isn't much depth in the program on the corners.

I'd probably add a transfer LB, too. Kelly returning helps.

Safety should be pretty solidified for the next 3 seasons. They took their lumps this year (as freshmen always do). That group should be much improved next year and then have the chance to be pretty special in '23 and '24. We have to remember those kids went to the prom last May. It's a talented group who got its growing pains out of the way.

Offense ...

RB - Houser returns. Immediate boost. Stewart, too. The Edinboro transfer will also be in the mix. I'd still add another one via transfer. You can't have enough.

WR - Pretty good group returns headlined by Duane. Probably add one more via transfer.

OL - Dauberman is a huge loss.

TE - Solid for next year with returners.

K/P should be set and in good shape. Side note: hopefully punt protection is fixed.

This assumes, of course, all those mentioned here do indeed stay. I assume we'll lose a couple to the portal.
        IUP never have problem with their rosters. But their players needs to be coached up more.

Comment

• LMFAO

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CVvVkcy...dium=copy_link

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Rich Ingold
            Aamir Dew
            Khi Downey
            Jason Capizzi
            Dan Matha
            Mike Jemison
            John Jones
            Lenny Williams
            Rocket Williams
            Quinton Maxwell
            Scott Woods

Those guys were OK.
            Elice Parker

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPFOOTBALLALUM View Post

IUP football always has a transfer QB. Will be the same thing next year
              Brian Eyerman, Andrew Krewatch, Kevin Weidl.... they were pretty good and NOT Transfers.

Comment

• Pretty interesting article in the Gazette today. Some very interesting quotes.

Near the end of the story, Matt wrote something along the lines that the team seemed 'disinterested at best' last weekend. That's a real scary comment.

And, it's the part I still cannot understand five days later. I get the emotional loss to Cal that never, ever should have happened. But, then the regional rankings came out. IUP was clearly still alive. I can't understand how that didn't serve as a revival moment. We've all seen some flat Tort teams over the years, but last weekend was a new low.

The question not being answered is how or why did it happen?

It's so perplexing, in fact, the only conclusion I can come with is to question if the players are still buying what the coaches are selling.

Side note: People are picking Seton Hill to beat IUP in Pick 'Em. Let that sink in for a bit.

Comment

• The only potential problem for IUP last weekend was to be flat....and to have the first two punts blocked was a joke on the coaches part.

Boro was 1-6 with a freshman QB. And that 1 win was because they blocked 2 FG's vs SH or theyre probably 0-fer.

No way there isnt some **** hitting the fan in the football office. I'd build around Davis for next year unless they find a 2-3 year stud QB and look more for some transfer OL instead.
                  Last edited by EdinboroFB; 11-04-2021, 11:07 AM.

Comment

the only conclusion I can come with is to question if the players are still buying what the coaches are selling.
                    Or the salesmen are not up to the job. One of the best pure coaches I ever personally observed was the BB coach at my HS. His teams won most of the time, sometimes by absurd margins. But the important, and rare, part of his coaching style was even when his teams lost they NEVER quit. They always walked off the court heads up and in the end that is, or should be, a coach's main job.
                    Losing that game to CAL had to be possibly the most gut wrenching loss most of those players had ever experienced. As head coach it is totally on you to see that your team is 100% ready for the next game no matter the circumstances. IMO, he let his players down big time.
                    Last edited by CALUPA69; 11-04-2021, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Or the salesmen are not up to the job. One of the best pure coaches I ever personally observed was the BB coach at my HS. His teams won most of the time, sometimes by absurd margins. But the important, and rare, part of his coaching style was even when his teams lost they NEVER quit. They always walked off the court heads up and in the end that is, or should be, a coach's main job.
                      Losing that game to CAL had to be possibly the most gut wrenching loss most of those players had ever experienced. As head coach it is totally on you to see that your team is 100% ready for the next game no matter the circumstances. IMO, he let his players down big time.

They've struggled coming out of that Cal/SRU doubleheader in the past under Tort. They even came out of those two games pretty healthy this year.

'17 - beat Clarion by 6
                      '18 - beat Clarion by 1 (after being down 20-0 at Miller)
                      '19 - blew Clarion out
                      '21 - lost to Edinboro

As I said earlier, in '18 when they bailed it was the last game. Many think the '18 team had some so-so (at best) leaders on it. This is a different ballgame this year. They have two games left.

While the games are meaningless, I think we're going to learn an awful lot about the state of the program in these next two match-ups.

Personally, I think they are going to hammer Seton Hill. Too little, too late, of course. But, regardless, Tort needs these two games to get things back on track.

Comment

• I leave this place for a few years, I come back same ole same ole IUP. Losing to CalU another PSAC chip is out of reach and 200+ threads of excuses and mediocrity. Somethings never change I guess.

Comment

The same staff that didn't have them ready for Edinboro in a do-or-die game? Same staff that a week after a punt block ruined their season had the next two blocked, also?

I'm no longer buying it. Tort needs to make some major staff changes. If he doesn't and all this happens again next year he'll be the one unemployed.

Players get the benefit of the doubt. A new year will have new leaders emerge, etc.

But, without some major staff changes, I think this is the new norm. Win some big ones. Lose some big ones.

Sorry IUPbigINDIANS but Coach Tort is not firing anyone. The only way these coaches go anywhere is for them to be searching and securing jobs elsewhere. But you are correct, changes within the coaching staff is a must.

Comment

The same staff that didn't have them ready for Edinboro in a do-or-die game? Same staff that a week after a punt block ruined their season had the next two blocked, also?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                              I must admit, this is funny.

Comment

• I understand why The Home Office At Lock Haven schedules Mon Valley U and Slimey Pebble back to back on IUP.

It is because those two schools get the other and IUP either all at home or all on the road.

So whoever does the scheduling must think the fact that IUP gets a split home and away that somehow that justifies putting the back to back every season..

Now Slimey got both teams at home a month apart. Mon Valley U got both game on the road two weeks apart.

Needless to say...The Home Office probably always gives Slimey Pebble the most favorable schedule every season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X