Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The team quit last week. If the staff isn't at fault ... who is? Should we ban the 85-year-olds in front of the press box?

Stuff changes. IUP needs a change.

Tort stays. At least another year. We get that.

But, some fresh blood is needed.

I'm fine with Camp. But, both coordinators need replaced.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The team quit last week. If the staff isn't at fault ... who is? Should we ban the 85-year-olds in front of the press box?

Can not wait until the off-season to see what moves will be made...or lack thereof.

Comment

The team quit last week. If the staff isn't at fault ... who is? Should we ban the 85-year-olds in front of the press box?

Doesn't it seem odd that we have a run game coordinator and an OC ? TBH I think the coaches are doing most of their job very well, but the game day coaching has not been good this year.

But, right now there is very little hiring at IUP. They may be able to hire a replacement if it is in a critical role, but maybe not, and certainly they won't be able to pay anyone more than what the coaches are currently getting.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Doesn't it seem odd that we have a run game coordinator and an OC ? TBH I think the coaches are doing most of their job very well, but the game day coaching has not been good this year.

But, right now there is very little hiring at IUP. They may be able to hire a replacement if it is in a critical role, but maybe not, and certainly they won't be able to pay anyone more than what the coaches are currently getting.
          Just a trend in coach titles - probably nothing more than RBs coach who has a hand in developing running plays. It helps underpaid assistants move up. In the last five years, every team has added titles special teams coordinator, run game coordinator, passing game coordinator, assistant head coach, associate head coach, recruiting coordinator, etc. They're all assistant coaches and at this level either FT, PT, GA, or volunteer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Just a trend in coach titles - probably nothing more than RBs coach who has a hand in developing running plays. It helps underpaid assistants move up. In the last five years, every team has added titles special teams coordinator, run game coordinator, passing game coordinator, assistant head coach, associate head coach, recruiting coordinator, etc. They're all assistant coaches and at this level either FT, PT, GA, or volunteer.
            Kind of the old banking theory. Every person in the building is a VP of something.

Comment

• From what I can see, the Seton Hill offense is kind of custom-made for the IUP defense. The Griffins like to run, run and run some more. Logan Wiland is a bruiser and is having a nice year (over 1,000 yards / 5.0 per carry). IUP's big DL is hard to run against. Seton Hill doesn't throw a whole lot. Seems to be a very similar attack as what Mercyhurst runs ... line up and try to run you over. I'd assume after seeing film SH will try and sprinkle in a good bit of short passes.

SH's strength seems to be on the defensive side, although Cal hammered them a week ago -- racing to a 28-0 first quarter lead. Slippery Rock also put up 41 on them earlier in the season. Early on, SH did hold Kutztown to just 14 points. They have some players on the DL. I fully suspect they come after Harry pretty hard.

Assuming Irv is back, IUP should win this in the 35-10 range (depending on the mood of the team, of course). If last week's team shows up, who knows. Passing teams have caused IUP the most trouble this year. All the stats and comparative opponents suggest SH struggles in that department.

Comment

From what I can see, the Seton Hill offense is kind of custom-made for the IUP defense. The Griffins like to run, run and run some more. Logan Wiland is a bruiser and is having a nice year (over 1,000 yards / 5.0 per carry). IUP's big DL is hard to run against. Seton Hill doesn't throw a whole lot. Seems to be a very similar attack as what Mercyhurst runs ... line up and try to run you over. I'd assume after seeing film SH will try and sprinkle in a good bit of short passes.

SH's strength seems to be on the defensive side, although Cal hammered them a week ago -- racing to a 28-0 first quarter lead. Slippery Rock also put up 41 on them earlier in the season. Early on, SH did hold Kutztown to just 14 points. They have some players on the DL. I fully suspect they come after Harry pretty hard.

Assuming Irv is back, IUP should win this in the 35-10 range (depending on the mood of the team, of course). If last week's team shows up, who knows. Passing teams have caused IUP the most trouble this year. All the stats and comparative opponents suggest SH struggles in that department.
                This team already checked out for the year! It's a shame!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

This team already checked out for the year! It's a shame!
                  They'll come out gangbusters tomorrow. Guarantee it.

For starters, they are away from the funeral home known as Miller Stadium. Wonder if IUP could get 11 road games next year? LOL

Comment

• Comment

• Tell you what, everybody knocks this stadium in Greensburg but if it wasn't for the Greensburg Salem stigma it wouldn't be bad. Nice view of the town and the bleachers are right on top of the field.

SH could do more to make it its own on game days kind of how Pitt does at Heinz.

Comment

• Since football season is over, I went looking for basketball season tickets and found nothing. In fact, looking for tickets period is a bit of a wild goose chase. Are there no season tickets for the 2021-22 season? Anyone have any insight? Is this COVID related or typical IUP not having its act together?

Comment

Tell you what, everybody knocks this stadium in Greensburg but if it wasn't for the Greensburg Salem stigma it wouldn't be bad. Nice view of the town and the bleachers are right on top of the field.

SH could do more to make it its own on game days kind of how Pitt does at Heinz.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                            Since football season is over, I went looking for basketball season tickets and found nothing. In fact, looking for tickets period is a bit of a wild goose chase. Are there no season tickets for the 2021-22 season? Anyone have any insight? Is this COVID related or typical IUP not having its act together?
                            Season ticket holders have already gone through the renewal period. Not sure individual tickets are for sale yet.

If you still want a season ticket just go down to the box-office. They won't turn you away.

Home next Friday, Saturday and Tuesday. Friday should be a typical 'tune up' game with a better game on Saturday. That Tuesday, however, is a big one with Le Moyne in town.

Comment

• The parking is the killer. I couldn't imagine how bad it would be with a big crowd. I agree. Much nicer than Miller.

Comment

Pretty interesting article in the Gazette today. Some very interesting quotes.

Near the end of the story, Matt wrote something along the lines that the team seemed 'disinterested at best' last weekend. That's a real scary comment.

And, it's the part I still cannot understand five days later. I get the emotional loss to Cal that never, ever should have happened. But, then the regional rankings came out. IUP was clearly still alive. I can't understand how that didn't serve as a revival moment. We've all seen some flat Tort teams over the years, but last weekend was a new low.

The question not being answered is how or why did it happen?

It's so perplexing, in fact, the only conclusion I can come with is to question if the players are still buying what the coaches are selling.

Side note: People are picking Seton Hill to beat IUP in Pick 'Em. Let that sink in for a bit.

I don't get this either. But for a more encompassing, universal reason.

Your 20-year-old identity, for better or worse, is "football player in an outstanding Division II program." You're playing before thousands each Saturday. Many of you aren't there for the education; you are there for THIS. And the bottom line is that you don't get unlimited chances to do this. It's a finite opportunity. You don't get to do it when you're 37.

GIven that, I fail to see justification for not being emotionally ready to play one of those 10-15 chances you get each year. Yes, the coaches are on the block when it comes to the Ws and Ls. But the student-athlete has to get up each morning and look at himself in the mirror, too.

I feel more strongly about this with each passing year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X