Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

My bad IUPNation for the delay. I think he was justified in being mad. However, my understanding is that he was asked to do something, but he basically ignored the request.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Late 90s it ended. No idea why. But ... it's awful. No sugarcoating it.
      1. IUP Rule weakening the program.

2. Doc being ousted as Band Director. We no longer had a huge band verbally terrorizing the opposition at one end zone. The band itself drew people to games at least until half time.

3. Frank being pushed out. There was no smooth transition. Too many lost faith and became disinterested.

Comment

• Streater was released from the team.
        Mitchell was suspended for the game.
        Fisher suffered a serious knee injury in practice. Broken bone with ligament damage. His career may be over.
        Green left the team. I was told it wasn't football-related.
        http://www.indianagazette.com
        www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Three straight block punts IS SCHEME !!!

And I agree, I do not like when nothing but players are called out instead of behaving like adults and admitting your faults or even sharing the blame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
            Streater was released from the team.
            Fisher suffered a serious knee injury in practice. Broken bone with ligament damage. His career may be over.
            How many suspensions is that now? Good Lord.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

A real head coach wouldve owned that ****. 3 punts in a row and you pass the buck and maybe you should be a position coach. Maybe Streeter told him that.
              Not arguing.

Comment

How many suspensions is that now? Good Lord.
                Reading fisher having a serious knee injury is upsetting. Great football player, and great leader. Hope his recovery goes well. He played great football throughout his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPFOOTBALLALUM View Post

Reading fisher having a serious knee injury is upsetting. Great football player, and great leader. Hope his recovery goes well. He played great football throughout his career.
                  Terrible loss ... especially to see a (potentially) career-ending injury in practice. Hopefully he recovers well, gets back and goes out on his own terms.

He didn't redshirt, so, who knows. Maybe he takes 2022 off and gives it another go in 2023 (if medically possible, of course).

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
                    Streater was released from the team.
                    Mitchell has to be one of the biggest pieces of trash to ever be on the IUP roster.

Interesting how players "leave" or get "released" at this point in a lost season.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

That sword cuts in both directions. I've seen far too many instances where players are not held accountable for not making the plays in front of them.
                      To be fair, I did not go back and look at the Edinboro game. However, in the Cal U game, at least 2 players on the right did not bother to attempt to block the defender in front of them. You can tell they were focused on getting down field to cover the punt. You can not tell me the players did this on their own. If the punt formation was a tight formation then the "scheme" would have been to FIRST make sure the kick gets off. However, they did not. They were in their regular punt formation.

Comment

• Agree 100% ! Nobody hands are!

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

A real head coach wouldve owned that ****. 3 punts in a row and you pass the buck and maybe you should be a position coach. Maybe Streeter told him that.
                          Leadership 101 .....just saying....
                          Last edited by ShoNuff; 11-07-2021, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Mitchell has to be one of the biggest pieces of trash to ever be on the IUP roster.

Interesting how players "leave" or get "released" at this point in a lost season.
                            I don't know much about him. This was his second 'suspended' game this year, correct? How the F does that actually happen?

Comment

Leadership 101 .....just saying....
                              Old expression ... the inmates are running the asylum.

Comment

You see a lot in the stands you don't on the computer. It was probably time for both to part ways.

No idea which side is to blame. Just saying the marriage was no longer working.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X