Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Irv dislocated thumb so stop assuming crap on a college kid that has done everything right since he arrived on campus. In fact he should of got ghost in 2019 when administrators screwed up his paperwork. Credit to him and the staff to keep him as I am sure he could of played 1AA elsewhere.
    Thanks for the update, Coach Torts!

Comment

• I'm interested in reading Matt's write-up in the IG.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

From who? This message board? Come on...

I don't know who is keeping the football program afloat with donations. I imagine though, most of those people are pretty tight with Tort, Jim Smith, and Mike Campolo. They have all been there forever. Football isn't big enough at IUP or in the town of Indiana, PA for a message board to cause water cooler talk that ends up creating changes on the football coaching staff.

Comment

Listen I will make this clear as possible IUP tough schedule finally caught up with them in my opinion. They are quite young across the board as there was a few notable seniors maybe 5 that played there last home game sat with IRV and Harry notable losses and hard to replace for the most part.
          With Covid and what every team had to go through, the excuse of being young is poor. How their schedule played out with their 4 toughest games being back to back sets, sure that is a tough draw I get it. In most years they are going to have 3 or 4 tough games though so hopefully the point was more about when they were played rather than who they played.

Comment

• I think IUP should have won the last two games and be perched at #2 in the region right now. As fans, our expectations should be sky-high. But we all saw that didn't happen.

The thing is I agree with you on almost all points. I hate to talk about next year but they are young and have most of the starting lineup coming back on both sides of the ball. They will have to resolve the QB situation again. As you say, they need that dominant RB.

Of course, being left out of the PO's you can always rationalize and say you have a head start on recruiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
              I'm interested in reading Matt's write-up in the IG.
              https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...b7a9e1019.html

From how I interpreted those player quotes, it sounds like IUP was on auto-pilot. Show up, do our thing, and we're in.

I still think Nulph noticed that IUP was using the same special teams playbook they used in 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I think IUP should have won the last two games and be perched at #2 in the region right now. As fans, our expectations should be sky-high. But we all saw that didn't happen.

The thing is I agree with you on almost all points. I hate to talk about next year but they are young and have most of the starting lineup coming back on both sides of the ball. They will have to resolve the QB situation again. As you say, they need that dominant RB.

Of course, being left out of the PO's you can always rationalize and say you have a head start on recruiting.
                Being young is less of an excuse this year than usual. Almost every school in the conference is playing multiple freshmen and sophomores this year. There were only five seniors on Ship's two-deep when the season started. Mac said before the first game that 80 percent of the starters had never played a down on Ship's field.

Comment

From how I interpreted those player quotes, it sounds like IUP was on auto-pilot. Show up, do our thing, and we're in.

I still think Nulph noticed that IUP was using the same special teams playbook they used in 2019.
                  Those quotes definitely read like that to me. It seemed so far fetched that they didn't even consider it to be a possibility.

Comment

There is only one player quoted. No quotes from the HC.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

There is only one player quoted. No quotes from the HC.
                      I admit that I missed the player quotes were from one guy. Tort was quoted, but it wasn't anything majorly noteworthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I admit that I missed the player quotes were from one guy. Tort was quoted, but it wasn't anything majorly noteworthy.
                        Actually, upon re-reading, Fisher and Dauberman were quoted. Tort was quoted but it was minimal. Not much to say, I guess.

Comment

• On a sad note, long time IUP coach Bernie McQuown passed away over the weekend. He was well liked by players and coaches alike

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                            On a sad note, long time IUP coach Bernie McQuown passed away over the weekend. He was well liked by players and coaches alike
                            INDIANA GAZETTE: Community mourns loss of former teacher, counselor, coach

http://www.indianagazette.com
                            www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Irv dislocated thumb.
                              OUCH!!!!!!

I dislocated my left shoulder twice...once in high school in 1983 and again as an adult in 2006.

It ****************** hurts.
                              Last edited by IUPNation; 11-01-2021, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                                On a sad note, long time IUP coach Bernie McQuown passed away over the weekend. He was well liked by players and coaches alike
                                Oh no!

I'm sorry for his family's loss.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X