Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Can you please bestow some of your superior football knowledge so we can understand what we may be missing? IUP is 2-2 in games this year against playoff caliber opponents. The head coach is on record saying they didn't want an extra out of conference game for fear of losing another game essentially. His record in big games since taking the reigns from Cignetti is far from impressive as well. IUP's defense this year has underwhelmed and been consistent at it in big games. Call me crazy, but if not for a fluke DT interception for TD against Kutztown... you probably lose that one too.

So please tell us what exactly is so fearsome of this IUP team. Real football stuff too, not rhetoric. Try not to use the word "if" either.
    CHECK TORTS RESUME IN BIG NAMES! STRAIGHT UP STEAMROLLER. THAT DEFENSE SHUTDOWN BOTTOM FEEDER U (SLIP). AND THE LAST THING YOU WANT IS A REMATCH COME PLAYOFFS STAMP THAT

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I don't think 'adjustments' and 'new scheme' are the same thing.

But, regardless, what is your theory on the first half points allowed compared to the drastically worse second half points allowed? Four home games in a row isn't a fluke.

Rounding numbers, they are giving up 8-9 points in the first half and 22-23 in the second.

What are the visitors seeing in the first half, tweaking and exploiting in the second? Or, do you think it's simply they are worn out in the second half due to the short rotation of players?

I really think Saturday's second half defensive implosion had a lot to do with getting far to conservative.
      It could (emphasis on could) be a number of things.
      1. Physical and mental exhaustion.
      2. Because the team is so young (~half the players on the roster are freshmen), there isn't the depth to play a lot of guys, especially on defense, particularly in the secondary.
        1. After Streater and Gibson, there is a dearth of experience at cornerback.
        2. The three starting safeties (Ingram, Howard and Bruce) are freshmen.
        3. The de-line rotates 5-6 guys, depending on how many are healthy.
      3. In the second half, Cal called four run plays and 34 pass plays. Obviously, it takes a greater physical and mental toll on pass plays than it does runs.
      4. Kutztown and Shepherd only had four possessions apiece in the first half, but then 6 and 7, respectively, in the second half.
      5. Cal might actually be a good football team.
      6. Kutztown and Shepherd, too, for that matter.
      It's also important to remember that if IUP gets that punt off, we're not having this discussion.
      http://www.indianagazette.com
      www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPFOOTBALLALUM View Post

CHECK TORTS RESUME IN BIG NAMES! STRAIGHT UP STEAMROLLER. THAT DEFENSE SHUTDOWN BOTTOM FEEDER U (SLIP). AND THE LAST THING YOU WANT IS A REMATCH COME PLAYOFFS STAMP THAT
        5-1 ... The same blowhard crap we've heard from IUP since the 90s without the resume to back it up. Congratulations on winning the weakest region in D2 every now and then, like the rest of the good SR1 programs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

5-1 ... The same blowhard crap we've heard from IUP since the 90s without the resume to back it up. Congratulations on winning the weakest region in D2 every now and then, like the rest of the good SR1 programs.
          ALL I GOT TO SAY TO YOU IS GO HAWKS!

Comment

I checked his resume:

0-2 against Shepherd
            2-2 against SRU
            2-2 against California

These 3 teams I feel as though the rest of your fan base judges the coach on how he's done against those opponents. I wouldn't use "Steamroller" as an apt description.

Comment

ALL I GOT TO SAY TO YOU IS GO HAWKS!
              No problem with supporting your team, but most of us can acknowledge our teams' faults. None of us have juggernauts, especially this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I checked his resume:

0-2 against Shepherd
                2-2 against SRU
                2-2 against California

These 3 teams I feel as though the rest of your fan base judges the coach on how he's done against those opponents. I wouldn't use "Steamroller" as an apt description.
                Just a couple IUP students trying to troll us "old heads."

Comment

I don't think that teams change schemes, but they definitely find things to exploit in a defense to fit their schemes.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockNation View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by RockNation View Post

Comment

Talk is cheap... I would really love to see a rematch in the playoffs. Especially since your so confident in your team. Your just a iup troll.

Comment

• Tort is close to .500 in big games. Maybe a hair above it. I can't run the numbers right now.

There have been 'big games' not involving those three teams.

He is 1-0 vs Kutztown, 2-0 vs Ashland, 2-0 vs West Chester in 2017 (including winning State Game on road), beat Assumption in playoffs, beat New Haven.

But, yes, 4-4 vs Rock and Cal and 0-2 vs Shepherd. Also, the West Florida home loss.
                          Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 10-27-2021, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• I was on a high school staff in WV for about 6 years, and we were a borderline playoff team that had a run to the semifinals my fourth year there. But I guarantee that we made adjustments as the game went. Of course, we took our personnel into account. In the years we didn't have a good QB we couldn't suddenly sling it all over the field, for example.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Hawk15 View Post

Talk is cheap... I would really love to see a rematch in the playoffs. Especially since your so confident in your team. Your just a iup troll.
                              Okay, kid.

Comment

No problem with supporting your team, but most of us can acknowledge our teams' faults. None of us have juggernauts, especially this season.
                                This playoff will come down to who is healthiest in a month - and Covid-free. Unlike most years I don't see a truly dominant team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X