Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post

Well the Newspaper got it wrong, it was Mike Nash. Mike Nash was a senior that year.
    All I know is just what I read in the papers. That's an alibi for my ignorance.

- Will Rogers
    - iupgroundhog

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

All I know is just what I read in the papers. That's an alibi for my ignorance.

- Will Rogers
      - iupgroundhog
      Understand. No worries. Go Hawks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

You're right. Back then, I took it to mean Haynes from something that was said in the postgame news conference. I was told a few days later it was Nash. A correction was run.

This spring, I mentioned Haynes in a story: "Because of financial, health, personal or academic reasons, a handful of players will not be back, including four who have made impacts in the past: defensive back Javonte Haynes, fullback Ryan Langdon, linebacker Bryon Williams and wide receiver Cam Turner." I wasn't given his exact circumstance.
        Understand, no worries. Go Hawks.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'm not arguing. LOL. I said it was initially reported incorrectly -- initially placing blame on Haynes. Couple days later a follow-up story came out identifying Nash.

End of the day, ... IUP still lost ... whomever got the blame.
          Understand, no worries. Go Hawks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
            Ok guys, so you can figure this out. Here is the clip of the last drive again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ1RNBfXuhw
            SMH....Gee, thanks for the reminder....

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Man IUPbigINDIANS ....what a season!!

Comment

• Rebuilding year they started 11 freshman Saturday and beat the 2 best teams in the League. SMH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Rebuilding year they started 11 freshman Saturday and beat the 2 best teams in the League. SMH.
                  Started 11 freshman ? More like 4, and 7 new transfers, more if you look at significant playing time. From a team that will lose 3 -4 games ? Are the freshman that played this year going to get better or will they flunk out
                  Last edited by ironmaniup; 11-09-2021, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Started 11 freshman ? More like 4, and 7 new transfers, more if you look at significant playing time. From a team that will lose 3 -4 games ? Are the freshman that played this year going to get better or will they flunk out
                    Freshmen get older. I do like the team Tort has coming back next year. Some big holes to fill, sure, but he has a lot coming back.

Granted, Tort tried to spin it on his show Monday night like they were a year away from making a big push. I think that is a load of crap. He had a good enough team this year to make a run -- even with the all the freshmen he was playing. Sure, he didn't have a team to win a national title, but he certainly had the talent to win a playoff game or two.

Get this game over with Saturday and a new season starts Sunday. Hopefully the with the jump they can get in transfer shopping ... they can get mid-year guys in here and go through Spring ball. The D2 portal will start to get flooded this coming Monday.

Keep in mind when Tort is constantly talking about freshmen ... some of them are academic juniors but football freshmen. So, it's not like they are all 18-year-olds out there. But, he did play a good bit of true freshmen this year. The safeties, Comedy, etc.

Javon is likely his biggest decision to make (quickly).

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

DB Washington Ingram Bruce Howard DL Fowler Fraser OL Comedy RB Stewert K Luther WR Ridley = 11

Comment

DB Washington Ingram Bruce Howard DL Fowler Fraser OL Comedy RB Stewert K Luther WR Ridley = 11
                        You sure?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

You sure?
                          He forgot the long-snapper. That makes 11.

Comment

Comment

There are other freshmen that are very good that don't count as starters e.g. Deabner, DiNunzio-Biss.

IUP has a lot of players listed as Jr. or RS-Jr. It's imperative that these players, or at least most of them, return for their final year of eligibility. If that happens and Tort can hit the jackpot with the transfer portal then it's possible they can do big things next year. Let me tell ya, they almost had the formula right this year. It just didn't work out. Obviously, Tort is getting a lot of criticism now but I think each year of experience he gains he will inevitably learn more and I think he has the potential and the resources to put it all together.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

There are other freshmen that are very good that don't count as starters e.g. Deabner, DiNunzio-Biss.

IUP has a lot of players listed as Jr. or RS-Jr. It's imperative that these players, or at least most of them, return for their final year of eligibility. If that happens and Tort can hit the jackpot with the transfer portal then it's possible they can do big things next year. Let me tell ya, they almost had the formula right this year. It just didn't work out. Obviously, Tort is getting a lot of criticism now but I think each year of experience he gains he will inevitably learn more and I think he has the potential and the resources to put it all together.

Correct. They may be sneaky good next year. While these 'kids' had their moments this year -- good and bad -- they won't be 'kids' next year and beyond. Some of IUP's rivals are going to take major losses this off-season due to graduation. So, while IUP was young this year, they won't be next year (or the next).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X