Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Javon isn't Lenny in regard to his running. But, I also think in his two starts this year they were absolutely terrified of him getting hurt with Harry not available.

If they do decide to go with Javon, obviously they change some of the offense back to the more Lenny-style system. Those first two games this year they had the offense built around Harry -- and not to Javon's strengths.

It's a tough decision.

They sign another import ... and Javon could be on the first bus out of town. Keep that in mind, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

If you are the owner of the IUP football team, what changes would you make?
      New O-Coord, new D-Line,Defensive Backs and Special Teams coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Davis should be the starter. I think the last two years, they went the transfer route, because eof Charles transfering in - imagine Maxwell and Charles on the same team ? , the gunslingers can make better advantage of him, Otherwise, it would have been better to start Javon back in 2019, when they could have kept two running qbs
        They better allow this kid to opportunity to start next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

They better allow this kid to opportunity to start next year.
          If he's here he'll get the opportunity.

Problem is he's going to be competing against somebody they bring in this off-season. If they luck out and find a Maxwell or Harry type ... his role probably wouldn't be much different next year.

Who knows. Messy situation.

My fear with him is once Shepherd had game film on him they were able to smother him. And, he doesn't have a big arm so IUP would pretty much have to go back to the dink/dunk & bubble screen offense it ran under Lenny. Going back to that offensive system is a big change. You are then recruiting different types of OL, etc.

Comment

If he's here he'll get the opportunity.

Problem is he's going to be competing against somebody they bring in this off-season. If they luck out and find a Maxwell or Harry type ... his role probably wouldn't be much different next year.

Who knows. Messy situation.

My fear with him is once Shepherd had game film on him they were able to smother him. And, he doesn't have a big arm so IUP would pretty much have to go back to the dink/dunk & bubble screen offense it ran under Lenny. Going back to that offensive system is a big change. You are then recruiting different types of OL, etc.
            Would Duane Brown come back if he knew the offense would not really be able to feature him on the outside? Or would they move him back to RB (didn't he start there?) and try to get him as many touches as possible?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Would Duane Brown come back if he knew the offense would not really be able to feature him on the outside? Or would they move him back to RB (didn't he start there?) and try to get him as many touches as possible?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Slip usually brings in transfer linemen. I imagine they'll also try to find a solid backup QB for Grover. They have a half dozen freshmen QBs right now. Just noticed they moved the kid from Hermitage to Athlete. I could also see Cal bringing in a transfer QB they've got two freshmen behind Mitchell.

Edinboro is a team I think is poised to improve in 22. Very young this year - 5 freshmen, 3 sophomores starting plus a true freshman punter and a sophomore kicker. Clarion is very young as well. The second tier of the west is always a dog fight and I don't know if anyone is ready to step up and take the place of the big three.
                Boro also started 10 seniors. 3 OL and 7 on D. I could see them get worse before they get better. But it seems they found a QB and some WR's.

Gannon only has 2 seniors on the roster. But the Hurst and Bloom games make you wonder if things will change from the old coach. Discipline still seems like a question mark. Will the QB improve with an offseason there.

Cal only loses a handful of starters. IUP only loses a handful but very talented QB, 2/3 of leading rushers, most talented wr in psac, best OL. ...also sounds like a DT or maybe 2 DT's

SRU has a lot back but lose the 3 wr's, 2 DE's, Secondary. With the QB returning they could just as easily win the west again.

Hurst started 8 seniors. Will the new HC change the offense?

Clarion started 15 freshman and sophomore. The rb that stayed is pretty good. The OL was very young. Both FR QB's showed signs but one probably leaves. The D was very young. IF guys that started stay you'd think they will be more competitive next year.

IUP a year away but so is CAL....but they lose seemingly less production than IUP.

Also, it seems overlooked that KUTZ had to play their backup QB vs IUP and he had 3 int's and one returned for a td. I see a lot of posts about IUP playing their backup qb is in those first two games.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

Boro also started 10 seniors. 3 OL and 7 on D. I could see them get worse before they get better. But it seems they found a QB and some WR's.

Gannon only has 2 seniors on the roster. But the Hurst and Bloom games make you wonder if things will change from the old coach. Discipline still seems like a question mark. Will the QB improve with an offseason there.

Cal only loses a handful of starters. IUP only loses a handful but very talented QB, 2/3 of leading rushers, most talented wr in psac, best OL. ...also sounds like a DT or maybe 2 DT's

SRU has a lot back but lose the 3 wr's, 2 DE's, Secondary. With the QB returning they could just as easily win the west again.

Hurst started 8 seniors. Will the new HC change the offense?

Clarion started 15 freshman and sophomore. The rb that stayed is pretty good. The OL was very young. Both FR QB's showed signs but one probably leaves. The D was very young. IF guys that started stay you'd think they will be more competitive next year.

IUP a year away but so is CAL....but they lose seemingly less production than IUP.

Also, it seems overlooked that KUTZ had to play their backup QB vs IUP and he had 3 int's and one returned for a td. I see a lot of posts about IUP playing their backup qb is in those first two games.

Kutz didn't have to ... they both played.

Comment

• You are referencing stats against Shepherd ... a game they got bent over a table. He got some padding in Q4. The game was long over. Stats were irrelevant at that point.

He beat Kutztown when they weren't ready for him. Do you really want a full year of Javon?

Comment

You are referencing stats against Shepherd ... a game they got bent over a table. He got some padding in Q4. The game was long over. Stats were irrelevant at that point.

He beat Kutztown when they weren't ready for him. Do you really want a full year of Javon?

Comment

• The offense wasn't their issue. The D was what blew this year.

They scored 35 ppg this year.

D blew chunks when it mattered.

Comment

• Jim Smith's unit was awful when it counted. He's getting a free pass on here for some reason.

His D was awful when it counted the most.

Comment

Jim Smith's unit was awful when it counted. He's getting a free pass on here for some reason.

His D was awful when it counted the most.
                            I have to agree with how the defense played during clutch time, especially the D-line and DBs.

Comment

• Football season is over. SHOW TIME starts tomorrow.

Basketball season is here.

Tort gets the Fall attention. But, Joe is the Show.

Comment

Kutz didn't have to ... they both played.
                                I thought Nickel was dinged up early in the season and went out early vs IUP. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

---I just looked at play by play. I see Nickel came in at end after the pick 6. I think I remember now that it was a question after week 1 if Nickel would play vs IUP.
                                Last edited by EdinboroFB; 11-11-2021, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X