Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post

If I remember right, it was Mike Nash. Mike Nash was a senior that year. SMH.
    I think it was Javonte Haynes. He started as a true freshman in 2019 but didn't return.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I think it was Javonte Haynes. He started as a true freshman in 2019 but didn't return.
      Wrong, Mike Nash blew the coverage. Not Javonte Haynes. Please go back and watch the game.

Comment

• Haynes took the initial blame in the newspaper. Couple days later, the blame was shifted to Nash.

Comment

• Ok guys, so you can figure this out. Here is the clip of the last drive again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ1RNBfXuhw

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
            Ok guys, so you can figure this out. Here is the clip of the last drive again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ1RNBfXuhw

No thanks. LOL. Watched it live once. Will never watch it again.

This didn't come up because of the play two years later ... but, rather because Haynes left the program at a very young age after being a pretty heralded recruit. Many speculated he left because of the heat he took for said play.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

This didn't come up because of the play two years later ... but, rather because Haynes left the program at a very young age after being a pretty heralded recruit. Many speculated he left because of the heat he took for said play.
              Was he #34 or #35

Comment

Comment

Haynes took the initial blame in the newspaper. Couple days later, the blame was shifted to Nash.
                  Well the Newspaper got it wrong, it was Mike Nash. Mike Nash was a senior that year.

Comment

It was Mike Nash not Haynes. PLEASE WATCH THE PLAY.

Comment

It was Mike Nash not Haynes. PLEASE WATCH THE PLAY.
                      I'm not arguing. LOL. I said it was initially reported incorrectly -- initially placing blame on Haynes. Couple days later a follow-up story came out identifying Nash.

End of the day, ... IUP still lost ... whomever got the blame.

Comment

Well the Newspaper got it wrong, it was Mike Nash. Mike Nash was a senior that year.
                        You're right. Back then, I took it to mean Haynes from something that was said in the postgame news conference. I was told a few days later it was Nash. A correction was run.

This spring, I mentioned Haynes in a story: "Because of financial, health, personal or academic reasons, a handful of players will not be back, including four who have made impacts in the past: defensive back Javonte Haynes, fullback Ryan Langdon, linebacker Bryon Williams and wide receiver Cam Turner." I wasn't given his exact circumstance.
                        http://www.indianagazette.com
                        www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

You're right. Back then, I took it to mean Haynes from something that was said in the postgame news conference. I was told a few days later it was Nash. A correction was run.

This spring, I mentioned Haynes in a story: "Because of financial, health, personal or academic reasons, a handful of players will not be back, including four who have made impacts in the past: defensive back Javonte Haynes, fullback Ryan Langdon, linebacker Bryon Williams and wide receiver Cam Turner." I wasn't given his exact circumstance.

There was talk Turner could return. Is that still the case?

Comment

There was talk Turner could return. Is that still the case?
                            I have not heard that.
                            http://www.indianagazette.com
                            www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Sounds like for those still on the team, etc., that the group which played Saturday at Seton Hill came out pretty clean, health-wise.

Tort also said some additional help will be available for West Chester. Malik Anderson will play. He also said Raunya Mitchell will practice this week and be available. Mitchell has been suspended for 3 of 9 games (including last week).

Comment

Sounds like for those still on the team, etc., that the group which played Saturday at Seton Hill came out pretty clean, health-wise.

Tort also said some additional help will be available for West Chester. Malik Anderson will play. He also said Raunya Mitchell will practice this week and be available. Mitchell has been suspended for 3 of 9 games (including last week).
                                Add DT to the list of needs in the portal. Suspended for a third of the season = can't count on him.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X