Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I kind of wish they got the ball back again...get to fourth down...and then fake punt it again just to twist the knife.....

I mean...isn't that what Frank would have done? :-)
    Nazir Streater just retweeted the SRU Barstool post saying Litwin and Wynn would toast the IUP secondary.

#LITWIN-AF

Comment

• First game I was able to really sit down and watch start to finish. I expected them to head up there and get blitzed. I was happily surprised at the outcome.

Think the game was won with the DL being able to get a pass rush on Koester. He seemed rattled pretty quickly. Especially after getting hit a few times. Even if you don't get to the quarterback, being able to move the pocket a little bit makes a huge difference. SRU's offense is always so predicated on motion and timing. When you start to disrupt some of the timing of the plays because you're getting into the backfield, it is critical. Thought IUP did a great job of that throughout the day.

Watching the game, I felt like in the first quarter, even before they blew the game open, the pace of play was not at a tempo that SRU is comfortable with. At about 10 mins in when it was 0-0, I started feeling good about what could happen. When you see Slippery Rock lose football games, it's when they typically are unable to get into track meets. I would say IUP played a "disruptive game" on defense and on special teams. It ruined the rhythm that they typically play with on that side. They want to score a bunch of points, play a million miles an hour, and get into a shootout. When you're able to control the clock and keep their offense off the field, they aren't comfortable in that environment.

I think IUP's defensive backs did a nice job. They were physical on the wide outs and made them make contested catches. Koester missed some throws, but you can also attribute that to happy feet due to the pass rush. When IUP had to punt, I think the gunners did a great job getting down and limiting returns. Kickoff coverage left a little to be desired.

Thought the offense did what was necessary given the opportunities the defense helped provide. They ran it well and kept the clock moving most of the football game. Great effort all around.

Comment

• Does anybody know the story of the color commentator on the SRU feed? He's a bigger homer than Greg Brown calling Pirates games. I've listened to those guys multiple times before. The play by play is good. The color guy is actively rooting in the booth. I get it's their feed, but I figured I would ask if anybody knew about him. Has to be a former player or something. They were referring to IUP as "the program to the east" as though they were Ohio State fans talking about "the school up north." LOL

Mihalik never once referred to IUP as IUP or Indiana. Only called them "our rival." What a manufactured Napolean complex LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
          First game I was able to really sit down and watch start to finish. I expected them to head up there and get blitzed. I was happily surprised at the outcome.

Think the game was won with the DL being able to get a pass rush on Koester. He seemed rattled pretty quickly. Especially after getting hit a few times. Even if you don't get to the quarterback, being able to move the pocket a little bit makes a huge difference. SRU's offense is always so predicated on motion and timing. When you start to disrupt some of the timing of the plays because you're getting into the backfield, it is critical. Thought IUP did a great job of that throughout the day.

Watching the game, I felt like in the first quarter, even before they blew the game open, the pace of play was not at a tempo that SRU is comfortable with. At about 10 mins in when it was 0-0, I started feeling good about what could happen. When you see Slippery Rock lose football games, it's when they typically are unable to get into track meets. I would say IUP played a "disruptive game" on defense and on special teams. It ruined the rhythm that they typically play with on that side. They want to score a bunch of points, play a million miles an hour, and get into a shootout. When you're able to control the clock and keep their offense off the field, they aren't comfortable in that environment.

I think IUP's defensive backs did a nice job. They were physical on the wide outs and made them make contested catches. Koester missed some throws, but you can also attribute that to happy feet due to the pass rush. When IUP had to punt, I think the gunners did a great job getting down and limiting returns. Kickoff coverage left a little to be desired.

Thought the offense did what was necessary given the opportunities the defense helped provide. They ran it well and kept the clock moving most of the football game. Great effort all around.
          Not to be forgotten, Duane Brown made a couple INCREDIBLE catches today. Totally stretched out.

Here's a fact: The two best WRs in the stadium today both played for IUP.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

IUP stadium entrance was epic at start of game. I hope they got some good pics of it.
            I would like to see it.

Comment

IUP pulled in to the lead today in the PSAC Men's Golf Championships.

Nobody knows it ... but this is a monster program. If they hang on, this will be 13 of the past 21 PSAC titles.
              It was nice to see the ladies field hockey team get ranked and then they promptly lose to Mansfield. MANSFIELD???

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

It was nice to see the ladies field hockey team get ranked and then they promptly lose to Mansfield. MANSFIELD???
                They had a rough week. Lost again today.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I would like to see it.
                  The last team to go up there I think got swallowed by the atmosphere in the first half. Today, they swallowed it.

Kudos, too, to the IUP crowd today. Small but fired up. Way better than Miller.

Comment

Does anybody know the story of the color commentator on the SRU feed? He's a bigger homer than Greg Brown calling Pirates games. I've listened to those guys multiple times before. The play by play is good. The color guy is actively rooting in the booth. I get it's their feed, but I figured I would ask if anybody knew about him. Has to be a former player or something. They were referring to IUP as "the program to the east" as though they were Ohio State fans talking about "the school up north." LOL

Mihalik never once referred to IUP as IUP or Indiana. Only called them "our rival." What a manufactured Napolean complex LOL
                    Yeah, he sees a different game. I also realize it's their webcast just like all the other schools but I think these guys should be cognizent that their audience is at least half from the opponent's fanbase, especially when you are tuned in to an away game.

The thing that bugged me was their selective instant replay. They only showed replays for plays that might be favorable to SRU If, for example, Charles is interfered with (or not) let the fans see the replay, regardless of the situation.

Comment

Does anybody know the story of the color commentator on the SRU feed? He's a bigger homer than Greg Brown calling Pirates games. I've listened to those guys multiple times before. The play by play is good. The color guy is actively rooting in the booth. I get it's their feed, but I figured I would ask if anybody knew about him. Has to be a former player or something. They were referring to IUP as "the program to the east" as though they were Ohio State fans talking about "the school up north." LOL

That dude is a tool. Their lead guy is good. The color dude is awful. He smashed his own QB in the post-game ... essentially saying he quit against 'that team'

It's Napoleon Complex to the extreme.

Happy Homecoming.

Comment

• The now infamous Kuhn Quote getting a lot of play from IUP players on social media.

The power of the bulletin board.

Comment

• #handsomely

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Yeah, he sees a different game. I also realize it's their webcast just like all the other schools but I think these guys should be cognizent that their audience is at least half from the opponent's fanbase, especially when you are tuned in to an away game.

The thing that bugged me was their selective instant replay. They only showed replays for plays that might be favorable to SRU If, for example, Charles is interfered with (or not) let the fans see the replay, regardless of the situation.

Comment

Not to be forgotten, Duane Brown made a couple INCREDIBLE catches today. Totally stretched out.

Here's a fact: The two best WRs in the stadium today both played for IUP.

Comment

• I watched 60 minutes of straight a** whooping today... that is the iup swag @ big Indians

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X