Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They don't post them every week but occasionally.
    I would've hammered IUP getting 17.5. That would've been a lay up.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I didn't expect a blowout but there was no question in my mind that IUP would beat SRU (see pick-em comments). I even picked IUP over Shepherd to score the most points of any visiting team. I based it on the way IUP has evolved throughout the season, and the SRU games I've watched.

The bottom line is that SRU has been overhyped. Not just this year but also in 2019. In 2019 they held a top 5 ranking but they narrowly escaped losing 3 or 4 times (including against IUP). Rivers was the difference.

But SRU is history for IUP. The game is over. IUP/Cal is the key game for the West Division. For me, Cal U is much harder to gauge. I haven't watched their games. They've been a little under the radar.

I think it will be a good 4 quarter game. Looking forward to it. The winner. IMO, will be in the driver's seat in the West.

This is contradicting. RRIII was the difference but they won back to back west titles and made it the national final four with two different offenses and two different studs. Defense was also way better in 18. In 19 those close games were against the top teams in country (except for 1 of course.)

Everything about this year is spot on and no excuses. They gotta figure it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockNation View Post

This is contradicting. RRIII was the difference but they won back to back west titles and made it the national final four with two different offenses and two different studs. Defense was also way better in 18. In 19 those close games were against the top teams in country (except for 1 of course.)

In 2019 SRU beat:

IUP 45-42
        Edinboro 41-30
        Cal U 31-28
        Kutztown 37-35
        Notre Dame (OH) 65-59
        and lost to Minnesota State in 58-15

Not exactly domination. They came into the season ranked in the top 3 nationally. might have been a poll that had them as #1. I guess it depends on your definition but I think they were overhyped in 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
          I think a lot of folks didn't know what IUP exactly was this year and which IUP team to expect - the one that beat Kutztown or the one that got its ass handed to itself by Shepherd. Granted they had players out for the latter. Plus, Rock minus Rivers is still a damn good team and it was their Homecoming. The stadium was predictably packed for kickoff. The pick'em is a game of most likely to win, even if its 51%-49%. I would have been surprised by a Rock blowout but I also didn't expect IUP to dominate them in the first half.
          Well, the Shepherd game really didn't get away from IUP until the third quarter, and they did have their QB and several other guys out. And they beat a Kutztown team that beat Shepherd at Shepherd. Slippery Rock hadn't really played anyone with a pulse other than East Stroud and really didn't manhandle them. Hanging 75 on Clarion looks impressive on paper, but Ship hung 65 on them with Mussina on the bench for much of the fourth quarter. Both PSAC divisions look similar this year with a couple of good teams at the top, a couple of middlin' teams below those, and several also-rans at the bottom. Cal is about the only team that is any mystery at this point, and we'll find out about them Saturday.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by RockNation View Post

I saw the SRU game notes and thought it was interesting they moved the RT to LT. It seemed to me the RT was the weak spot in the semi and the one that gave up the fumble sack early on to IUP. I flip between games and obviously dont break film down but this seems bad if the other tackles are worse. They might need to use the TE more to help these tackles....something. It shouldnt matter this week but Cal will be different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

"Everyone" counted IUP out? I'm a Ship fan, and I never counted them out. They beat a good Kutztown team that likely will win the Eastern Division and lost to a Shepherd team with the best QB in the conference. Why on Earth would you count them out?
                Read the board, nothing but slander about this iup team, then they went STEAMROLLED BOTTOM FEEDER U. DONT CHANGE UP SHIP MAN!

Comment

• IUP Will dominate cal this week, STAMP IT. 17+ point win for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPFOOTBALLALUM View Post

Read the board, nothing but slander about this iup team, then they went STEAMROLLED BOTTOM FEEDER U. DONT CHANGE UP SHIP MAN!
                    Most of the complaining about the IUP team I've seen on these boards has been done by their own fans.

Comment

Most of the complaining about the IUP team I've seen on these boards has been done by their own fans.
                      Most of everything on this board is by IUP fans.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

I saw the SRU game notes and thought it was interesting they moved the RT to LT. It seemed to me the RT was the weak spot in the semi and the one that gave up the fumble sack early on to IUP. I flip between games and obviously dont break film down but this seems bad if the other tackles are worse. They might need to use the TE more to help these tackles....something. It shouldnt matter this week but Cal will be different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                            I think a lot of folks didn't know what IUP exactly was this year and which IUP team to expect - the one that beat Kutztown or the one that got its ass handed to itself by Shepherd. Granted they had players out for the latter. Plus, Rock minus Rivers is still a damn good team and it was their Homecoming. The stadium was predictably packed for kickoff. The pick'em is a game of most likely to win, even if its 51%-49%. I would have been surprised by a Rock blowout but I also didn't expect IUP to dominate them in the first half.
                            I'm late to the party, but your post reminded me of some observations from the game.

I think (and this is just my guess) that SRU expected to win this game in a shootout, as if they were saying, "good luck keeping up with us." I'm a believer in body language. I was covering the game from the sidelines, and when Slippery Rock went 3-and-out on their first two drives, it was like they were lost. Their body language was of confusion. And the crowd went quiet, too, as if it was perplexed.

SRU recovered momentarily when they made it 10-7, but when IUP went right back down the field and scored to make it 17-7, it was back to confusion. IUP's quick 10 points to start the third quarter, making it 34-7, just sucked the life out of the place. It's weird how quiet it was at the end.
                            http://www.indianagazette.com
                            www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

I'm late to the party, but your post reminded me of some observations from the game.

I think (and this is just my guess) that SRU expected to win this game in a shootout, as if they were saying, "good luck keeping up with us." I'm a believer in body language. I was covering the game from the sidelines, and when Slippery Rock went 3-and-out on their first two drives, it was like they were lost. Their body language was of confusion. And the crowd went quiet, too, as if it was perplexed.

SRU recovered momentarily when they made it 10-7, but when IUP went right back down the field and scored to make it 17-7, it was back to confusion. IUP's quick 10 points to start the third quarter, making it 34-7, just sucked the life out of the place. It's weird how quiet it was at the end.
                              "Everyone's got a plan until they get punched in the face."

Comment

So if a small number did pick them, that means not "everyone" thought they were out of it. I don't know who designates the supposed underdog in these games, but judging by the records of the two teams going into the game there was no reason to believe IUP couldn't win it. I probably would have bet on them if I bet on PSAC games. I was surprised they won as easily as they did. You're a fascinating bunch on this board. Sometimes I think I have more confidence in IUP than its own fan base.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X