Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

Some fans would wish for such a mess. A win this week and the fans mental state will improve.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP FLA 12 View Post

Dude, you know absolutely nothing about football you CLOWN!

Comment

• Last edited by IUPNation; 09-20-2021, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• You want me to make picks? Sure things buddy. I will do that and probably be right on everyone. CLOWN!

Comment

• I guess not having an 11th game could come back to hurt IUP this year. They absolutely will need to probably run the table until the conference championship where they might be able to lose a close game to Shepherd and sneak in with the #7 seed. That's a daunting task having to knock off both Slippery Rock & Cal in back to back weeks.

Comment

You want me to make picks? Sure things buddy. I will do that and probably be right on everyone. CLOWN!
              Last edited by IUPNation; 09-21-2021, 07:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                I guess not having an 11th game could come back to hurt IUP this year. They absolutely will need to probably run the table until the conference championship where they might be able to lose a close game to Shepherd and sneak in with the #7 seed. That's a daunting task having to knock off both Slippery Rock & Cal in back to back weeks.

Comment

• All I care is my picks going forward, I know for a fact I will get more picks right then your Slapdick ass!

Comment

All I care is my picks going forward, I know for a fact I will get more picks right then your Slapdick ass!
                    Yet you will finish the season looking up to me in the standings since all of you are 26 points behind already.,

Only a Slimey Pebble fan could come up with such a bad fake troll job. Sad.
                    Last edited by IUPNation; 09-21-2021, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                        I guess not having an 11th game could come back to hurt IUP this year. They absolutely will need to probably run the table until the conference championship where they might be able to lose a close game to Shepherd and sneak in with the #7 seed. That's a daunting task having to knock off both Slippery Rock & Cal in back to back weeks.
                        iup needs to take it week by week and focus on the hurst... week 2 is in the past they need to forget about it, I guarantee iup will look like a very different team by time they face slip...very exited to see how iup bounces back this week.

Comment

• on Hawk Talk, Tort said that the 3rd quarter against shepherd was the worst quarter of IUP football he had ever seen. That's just might be right. Did they think Shep would not notice the mismatch between the IUP safeties and the Shep receivers ? anyway, they have 3 games to put things together. Brown has a shoulder injury, but he didn't give an Idea if he will play or not. I'd hope he limits him this week at least so he doesn't get hurt worse.

To be fair, one of the starting safeties was out, and he didn't mention that they lost a DB coach and did not replace him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                            on Hawk Talk, Tort said that the 3rd quarter against shepherd was the worst quarter of IUP football he had ever seen. That's just might be right. Did they think Shep would not notice the mismatch between the IUP safeties and the Shep receivers ? anyway, they have 3 games to put things together. Brown has a shoulder injury, but he didn't give an Idea if he will play or not. I'd hope he limits him this week at least so he doesn't get hurt worse.

To be fair, one of the starting safeties was out, and he didn't mention that they lost a DB coach and did not replace him.

We haven't seen them near full strength yet. Hopefully we will at some point. They had some massive players out last week -- RB Houser, DL Wallace, WR Daquon Green, DB Washington, LB Kelly, QB Harry Football (dressed but only in case of emergency). Duane and Dauberman left in that dreadful third quarter. How different do things look if Harry started the season? Who knows. Kelly was a huge absence at LB.

So, now we may get some guys back but lose some others (Duane with the shoulder and Dauberman with the foot are both questionable). Obviously the schedule is lighter for the next three weeks. But, as mentioned above, IUP has had some fits with some of these teams over the years. When you're the 'hated' program, you're going to get everybody's best shot.

I don't believe in the old Mike Tomlin 'next man up' stuff. With our rosters and depth, 'next man up' is usually a significant downgrade. If it is true that about 40 percent isn't vaccinated, they will continue to have failed tests weekly. We might as well get used to that.

Injuries will happen every game. That's football. They are just piled up right now at key spots.

We've seen IUP teams bounce back from weeks like we just saw and we've seen some go in the tank. We will start to get that answer on Saturday.

IUP has basically played from behind in 7 of 8 quarters this year. That has to change.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                              on Hawk Talk, Tort said that the 3rd quarter against shepherd was the worst quarter of IUP football he had ever seen. That's just might be right. Did they think Shep would not notice the mismatch between the IUP safeties and the Shep receivers ? anyway, they have 3 games to put things together. Brown has a shoulder injury, but he didn't give an Idea if he will play or not. I'd hope he limits him this week at least so he doesn't get hurt worse.

I was reading that you guys were also without that DE from Clarion who was a much hyped transfer. That's a big one against a passing team on a hot day where you should be rotating DL throughout the game. I've said it a few times, but I think part 2 is in the cards between Shep/IUP later this year.

Also, curious to hear what you guys think on your 2 DT's. Call me crazy, but I think both of those 2 fellas need to lose 30-40 lbs. Other than obviously being plugs in the middle for run support, they didn't offer anything in that game against that Opponent. If the goal is strictly no running up the gut, but forget the pass rush - mission accomplished.

Comment

• If you want to talk politics, join the OT section.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X