Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the NC game being held this year? I'm thinking about getting some hotel reservations.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
      Where is the NC game being held this year? I'm thinking about getting some hotel reservations.
      McKinney ISD Stadium in McKinney, Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

McKinney ISD Stadium in McKinney, Texas.
        Great! I'm pulling out my IUP gear.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Anxiety is probably the correct word. Tort has some absolute superstars. He has some holes to quickly fill. And, of course, he has the QB issue (if, indeed, it is one). It's going to be a tense season -- right off the bat.

Comment

• Totally not-related but the big news of the day is Terry Silver is confirmed returning to Cobra Kai Season IV. They dropped the first official teaser video today.

Now the real pain begins, Danny Boy.

Comment

Totally not-related but the big news of the day is Terry Silver is confirmed returning to Cobra Kai Season IV. They dropped the first official teaser video today.

Is Thomas Ian Griffith playing him? Someday I will have to demonstrate my Quick Silver method to posting on sports boards. Rule #1 if a man can't stop laughing or crying he can't retort back at you.

Looks like the local little Heritage Conference needs to disband and find a better mix of schools. First, they jettisoned Ligonier Valley because everyone was sick of the winning that they did. Now, Blairsville and Saltsburg will no longer exist but will combine to be the River Valley Panthers. Okay. Next, they are bringing in Cambria Heights this year (which will be the biggest school in the conference) and next year they plan to bring in perennial district football power Portage. Just wait until all the cry-babying that will be going on when these two schools start to dominate everyone.

I think they should dissolve the Heritage and have some of these local chump schools find other likewise schools to play. It may not be easy. They would likely have to raid a bunch of (what do they call it??) the WestPac schools like Glendale, Ferndale and Blacklick Valley. Sounds like a royal mess at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Is Thomas Ian Griffith playing him? Someday I will have to demonstrate my Quick Silver method to posting on sports boards. Rule #1 if a man can't stop laughing or crying he can't retort back at you.

Looks like the local little Heritage Conference needs to disband and find a better mix of schools. First, they jettisoned Ligonier Valley because everyone was sick of the winning that they did. Now, Blairsville and Saltsburg will no longer exist but will combine to be the River Valley Panthers. Okay. Next, they are bringing in Cambria Heights this year (which will be the biggest school in the conference) and next year they plan to bring in perennial district football power Portage. Just wait until all the cry-babying that will be going on when these two schools start to dominate everyone.

I think they should dissolve the Heritage and have some of these local chump schools find other likewise schools to play. It may not be easy. They would likely have to raid a bunch of (what do they call it??) the WestPac schools like Glendale, Ferndale and Blacklick Valley. Sounds like a royal mess at this point.

Comment

Totally not-related but the big news of the day is Terry Silver is confirmed returning to Cobra Kai Season IV. They dropped the first official teaser video today.

Comment

• John Kreese declared war on the San Fernando Valley. Lol.

Yeah, it's a bit odd. But, it is great.

Comment

• But rather interestingly----it took awhile for Ligonier Valley after they absorbed Laurel Valley to become the monster power that they were. It did not happen right away. I was always a bit surprised by that.

Portage is likely to be the top dog in the conference once they get there. I would not have taken them on to be honest. They should have gone after a Glendale, Blacklick Valley, or Ferndale type.

My guess is there will be some howling from some of the schools about the unfairness of River Valley, Portage, and Cambria Heights if they start winning and become annual powers.

Comment

But rather interestingly----it took awhile for Ligonier Valley after they absorbed Laurel Valley to become the monster power that they were. It did not happen right away. I was always a bit surprised by that.

Portage is likely to be the top dog in the conference once they get there. I would not have taken them on to be honest. They should have gone after a Glendale, Blacklick Valley, or Ferndale type.

My guess is there will be some howling from some of the schools about the unfairness of River Valley, Portage, and Cambria Heights if they start winning and become annual powers.
                        The HC did look at Leechburg a couple years ago. Both sides had interest but it ultimately fell through. They also approached Apollo-Ridge but A-R wasn't interested in leaving the WPIAL.

Comment

They should have gone after a Glendale, Blacklick Valley, or Ferndale type.
                          http://www.indianagazette.com
                          www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Yeah, maybe. But that is like saying that I tried to pick a fight with Pee Wee Herman or Gary Coleman and ended up settling for an in his prime of life Bruce Lee to battle. That would not be a good thing at all.

The Heritage really needs to look at things much better. I'm sure within several years they will when everyone is squawking about getting their arses handed to them by CH and Portage.

Comment

• All of those teeny tiny high schools need to be merged.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                                All of those teeny tiny high schools need to be merged.
                                That day is coming.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X