Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    All of those teeny tiny high schools need to be merged.
    I hear mergers are becoming quite popular.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I hear mergers are becoming quite popular.
      The Walmart or Amazon of education.

Comment

• Borisenko and Leander going in to IUP HOF.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Borisenko and Leander going in to IUP HOF.
          IUP Hall of Fame is a joke without former QB and Harlon Hill runner-up Tony Aliucci not included. Kind of hard to take it that serious when he is being kept out of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

IUP Hall of Fame is a joke without former QB and Harlon Hill runner-up Tony Aliucci not included. Kind of hard to take it that serious when he is being kept out of it.

Comment

• If true that's probably it. Al Raines held Edinboro's rushing records until Larry Jackson & Gerald Thompson broke them in the early & mid 90s. Raines ran into criminal trouble and is also missing from Edinboro's Hall of Fame. He still holds the records for yards per carry in his career (6.7ypc) and season (8.7ypc in 71)

Comment

• He was charged with fraud ($1m) back in 2008. I don't know what became of it in the legal proceedings. But, he was almost 40 when that happened so you could certainly argue he should have been in prior to that happening.

All HOF's -- especially for schools -- become very political.

Comment

He was charged with fraud ($1m) back in 2008. I don't know what became of it in the legal proceedings. But, he was almost 40 when that happened so you could certainly argue he should have been in prior to that happening.

All HOF's -- especially for schools -- become very political.

Comment

• Unless it's changed I don't think they actually have a waiting period. Darryl Webb was inducted several years ago. Joe should have an army of players getting in pretty soon. There's still quite a bit from the Gary Edwards era, too, that should be inducted.

Now, Gary Edwards is an interesting candidate. Not going to happen, of course, but he's certainly worthy. He was accused of a lot there at the end but I don't think the NCAA really pinned much on him when it was all said and done. Many still feel that was a witch hunt (myself included).

Comment

Unless it's changed I don't think they actually have a waiting period. Darryl Webb was inducted several years ago. Joe should have an army of players getting in pretty soon. There's still quite a bit from the Gary Edwards era, too, that should be inducted.

Now, Gary Edwards is an interesting candidate. Not going to happen, of course, but he's certainly worthy. He was accused of a lot there at the end but I don't think the NCAA really pinned much on him when it was all said and done. Many still feel that was a witch hunt (myself included).

Comment

That day is coming.
                        Indiana county should have 3 high schools top. Homer Center should be merged into Indiana High. Marion Center and Penns Manor merged and United, Blairsville and Saltsburg be merged.

Comment

• If Aliucci was exonerated of all charges I think he would be in. So, assuming he wasn't cleared of all wrongdoing do you think it's right or wrong to keep him out?
                          Last edited by iupgroundhog; 06-02-2021, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Comment

• Aliucci was included in the IUP 150 list which came out a year and a half ago.

https://iupathletics.com/news/2019/1...s-cfb-150.aspx

Comment

• Michael Vick was inducted into the Va Tech Sports HOF in 2017.

Like Vick, Aliucci made a mistake and he served his time. I guess one question is whether he has redeemed himself since then I think I would vote him into the IUP HOF.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X