Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    IUP has signed transfer DB Akshay Thaper (6'2, 185 lbs). Looks like he should have (3) years at IUP.
    Highlights looks Ok:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8746948...e69d0d44bcb9f4

We shall see if he develops into a player.

Comment

Brent Musburger gave the best lead-ins ever in my opinion. He could make Seton Hill at Clarion seem like the national title game.

... You are looking live at 19 people packing in Outzen Field in Greensburg, Pennsylvania.

A lot of Brent's Saturday Night games, while good on the surface, would turn blowout. I'd love when Virginia Tech would be down 50-7, and then score, and he'd say 'hold just a minute, friends'.

I had a much different opinion on Blacksburg. I thought it was a cool Saturday game trip. Nice town. But, I agree, many still think they are in the heyday of Beamer Ball. They do have an incredible following.

I do think a lot of that stuff -- Enter Sandman, Whiteouts, etc., -- does (or, can) have an effect on the guests. Even on our small scale (back in my era) IUP would have teams psyched out before they even kicked off. I've seen the glitz and rowdy crowds of the KCAC take teams right out of the game -- many, many times. SRU teams have had some epic meltdowns inside the KCAC.
      Offut Field...Close enough, he's rolling...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Highlights looks Ok:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8746948...e69d0d44bcb9f4

We shall see if he develops into a player.

I also tend to question the JUCO player still available in mid-July, but IUP has a long history of success with such players. It's likely they've been recruiting him for some time but he was probably holding out as long as possible for that D1 offer.

We should be seeing the official roster now any day.

Comment

I also tend to question the JUCO player still available in mid-July, but IUP has a long history of success with such players. It's likely they've been recruiting him for some time but he was probably holding out as long as possible for that D1 offer.

We should be seeing the official roster now any day.
          I don't think he's a JUCO. Upper Iowa is a DII playing in the NSIC. They've got a nice stadium https://www.d2football.com/upperiowa/#stadium

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I don't think he's a JUCO. Upper Iowa is a DII playing in the NSIC. They've got a nice stadium https://www.d2football.com/upperiowa/#stadium
            Learn something every day ... never heard of it. Looks like the last season they played they were 2-9 so this is quite the upgrade for him.

Comment

Learn something every day ... never heard of it. Looks like the last season they played they were 2-9 so this is quite the upgrade for him.
              Yep.

Comment

Remember Marty Higgins? IUP's offensive coordinator in 2015-16? He came to IUP from Upper Iowa.
                http://www.indianagazette.com
                www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Concord and Glenville State (MEC) are both still open in Week 1. I wish IUP could convince either to come to Miller. Too late now, I suppose.

Comment

• LMAO I just read that the PSAC voted to not award the Dixon Trophy this year. The one year IUP made a run for it!

Comment

LMAO I just read that the PSAC voted to not award the Dixon Trophy this year. The one year IUP made a run for it!
                      I recall the name now that you bring it up but with some exceptions those assistants seem like they are here today and gone tomorrow. I get that's the business. Keep moving. Greener pastures.

IUP has been fortunate to have some stability with Jim Smith, Tort, etc., -- long-term guys.

Comment

LMAO I just read that the PSAC voted to not award the Dixon Trophy this year. The one year IUP made a run for it!
                        So long as Joe, Tort and Tom keep rolling ... I don't know that many IUP fans care about the other sports.

I'd much rather keep those three sports at an extremely high level than have .500 baseball or field hockey teams.

It's no secret on campus. Joe Lombardi has a penthouse for an office inside the KCAC. Baseball and most others get glorified broom closets in the bowels of the MFH.

Comment

My 2nd cousin played football at Upper Iowa many moons ago. Saw somebody question how a player from Upper Iowa end up transferring to IUP. I got a better one... How's a player from Western PA end up playing at Upper Iowa straight out of high school?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

My 2nd cousin played football at Upper Iowa many moons ago. Saw somebody question how a player from Upper Iowa end up transferring to IUP. I got a better one... How's a player from Western PA end up playing at Upper Iowa straight out of high school?
                            The IUP recruit in question is from Fairfax, VA so it's kind of the same question.

Comment

The IUP recruit in question is from Fairfax, VA so it's kind of the same question.
                              When I saw Upper Iowa I thought Northern Iowa which, of course, is D1.

Looks like UIU is a private school with 25 "learning centers" around the U.S. and is very big into online class delivery. It might not be that hard to understand a kid from the D.C. area goes to the midwest then decides to transfer back east. Although he probably is the first to transfer from the UIU Peacocks to the IUP Crimson Hawks. Just saying.

Comment

Screwed over yet again.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X